Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Retried again and I am really positive that I'm following your instructions and order on point. Is that file important? I mean, it even shows in the first Menu that opens when launching Merge Standalone, but then - after right click - check all - ok - it is gone.

EDIT: debugging, so obviously i frakked up. im trying to fix this now

[20:28:08] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

[20:28:08] (ERROR) Load: "NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm" requires master "NVInteriors_Core.esm" to be loaded before it.

[20:28:08] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading NVInt_ARoomWithAView.esm

[20:28:08] (ERROR) Load: "NVInt_ARoomWithAView.esm" requires master "NVInteriors_Core.esm" to be loaded before it.

[20:28:09] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

[20:28:09] (ERROR) Load: "Project Nevada - All DLC.esp" requires master "Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp" to be loaded before it.

[20:28:09] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp

[20:28:09] (ERROR) Load: "Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp" requires master "Powered Power Armor.esp" to be loaded before it.

[20:28:09] (ERROR) Load: Exception loading ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp

[20:28:09] (ERROR) Load: "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" requires master "NVInteriors_Core.esm" to be loaded before it.

Edit2: I got it sorted out except for the red bold part, any idea how to solve that or will it be corrected by LOOT in the end?

Sort with LOOT first. Sometimes stuff is out of order.

Also, make sure you tick the mods in the left panel.

What are the advantages of standalone merge vs FNVedit script?

@Mator has stopped working on the script and has shifted focus to the tool. Any new records that we find that need to treated correctly will be added to the tool, not the script.

On top of that it's just so easy to use, almost idiot proof.

Just a quick info: no link works for the "Super Mutant Mesh Replacer". I couldn't find another upload, but it's apparently been integrated into this mod "NVEC": https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44204/? However there's too much stuff in there for me to even try installing this correctly. Still a great guide, awating eagerly to be finally through with it :D

Oh, and this: https://www.copy.com/s/t%3AbpECXhF1xqFF%3Bp%3A%252FSuper%2520Mutant%2520Mesh%2520Replacer%2520v1-3-49178-1-3.zip%3Boid%3A2

Edited by whattado

Watching the Hateful Eight (a few weeks back) made me wish FNV had revolver rifles. Too bad there's no animation for them as I'd make one myself if that were the case. Might get around to making a Colt Python eventually; because a revolver with a suppressor (like in the second Dirty Harry film) could be kinda new. If only I could find some energy.  :confused:

The Super Mutant Mesh Replacer file missing is probably just SRB not having found a new location for it yet. I have the file in question backed up if it gets lost somewhere.

EDIT: Found this on the Nexus, might be interesting for people experiencing FCO-related bugs; or the guide, for that sake.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

I think I've got my Mega account working fine now. Most the files are uploaded, so I'll switch them over as soon as the X-Files is over. Gotta get my nostalgia fix. I can already tell that Copy is shutting down servers because some of the pages are taking waaaaaay longer to load than normal. I hope to be away from that site by tomorrow. I'll miss Copy because they were so good to STEP. *sniff* *sniff* ...pours 40

... so I'll switch them over as soon as the X-Files is over. Gotta get my nostalgia fix...

Just watched that episode with the lizard/man transformation. Brilliant, that's the sort of stuff from the original series that made it a must watch show.

That whole episode was about how people say that the X-files wouldn't even exist today because of cell phones. Then Mulder couldn't even operate the phone and just got blurry pictures. 

I lost it at the part when the lizard guy was telling the story about him and Scully in the back of phone store. Kinda makes me wish they were doing more than six episodes.

Finally, after saying I was gonna do it for about 2 years, I have create a conflict resolution page.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_Conflict_Resolution

Right now it's patches for YUP and <insert some mod>, but I'll eventually make it a whole section where you do it all at once with the Game Tweaks plugin. As of right now you can just make it all into one giant patch if you want by loading the plugin from the first patch and just forwarding the records to that plugin. Or you can use the plugin from the very first merge in the Fixes section and just add all these fixes. That plugin should load after everything it patches. *hint* *hint*

Also, I forgot to mention my additional UI page. I made that thing ages ago, but never linked it in the guide. Not sure why. Anyways, if you want to use cellHUD, pip-girl interface, or both there are instructions. 

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_OptionalHUDandUI

Has anyone used fINIp NV mod by DY? SOmeone asked about it and I keep forgetting it came out since I was absent when that happened.

Hmm... what else am I forgetting to mention or ask?... Oh well.

I have this weird issue when doing the Millenia's Additional Weapons. The only records in the FormID lists are the repair lists. There are no <weapon>Form records that used to be there. I wonder if xEdit 3.1.2 got rid of them. Can someone else confirm this? 

I have this weird issue when doing the Millenia's Additional Weapons. The only records in the FormID lists are the repair lists. There are no <weapon>Form records that used to be there. I wonder if xEdit 3.1.2 got rid of them. Can someone else confirm this? 

Yes, the Weapon Form records are not there.

• +1 1