Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

If this is the case, then what is the deal with the DarnifiedUI mod - it gets installed at the beginning of the UI part, then gets moved.  The second time it appears where it says to move it to, it has a note that says "Many of the prior mods needed to 'see' DarnUI when installed, but the correct file priority with UIO will be with DarnUI loaded in this spot."  So if this is the case, then at least some of the UI mods prior to the this point require it to be installed and perhaps also activated in MO before mods are installed.  As a result, I think that this is an important note to have at the very beginning of the UI section rather than where it currently has the note (or at the least in addition to where the note currently is).  Obviously I will have to change the wording of the note if I move it to the beginning in order to make sense...  

Also there is the statement "UI Organizer (UIO) is NVSE plugin that allows UI mods to be installed for FNV without having rerun Unified HUD after each change to the UI section."  I don't see Unified HUD (uHUD) anywhere in the guide anymore.  If it's gone, then this statement is more confusing than it is informative. (and regarding this, it is mentioned again in the next guide section in this statement "The rest of the User Interface section does not change HUD elements, so they can be installed after Unified HUD and do not require a specific install order.")  Perhaps the statement at the beginning of the UI portion of the guide should just say "UI Organizer (UIO) is NVSE plugin that allows UI mods to be installed and uninstalled without having to worry if they have UI elements."

Anyone object to me modifying the guide in these ways, and is there anything to add to this or anything else to consider?

You need for the those mods to "see" DarnUI, but then need the Darn files to overwrite some of the files that get installed. I got those instructions from someone in the know about MO. I forget his name ATM, the guy with the german shepherd avatar. He tested it quite a bit when the MO installer updated. I haven't bother with it since because it worked and that whole ordeal before MO could do those complex installers was such a nightmare :wallbash: that I don't want to mess with that section ever again. 

I should rephrase that part about UIO and uHUD. UIO replaces uHUD so you don't have to rerun the uHUD utility to get all the UI mods to work every time you change one of those mods. 

OK, I will because you are asking for that but I didn't previously because the intended installation instructions didn't actually change, just the way information was presented.  So basically, if someone already had things right then they need not bother with the change as it's not going to change their setup.

I'm doing a bit of fiddling with Merge Plugins Standalone as I'm installing this guide, again, and I reckon the total plugin number can be drastically reduced. It truly is an easy to use and effective tool.

All the Advanced Recon mods could probably be merged into just one as could JIP's mods, possibly the entire UI section. If that is true then the entire process of setting up the UI will be streamlined.

We could probably move the MCM install up to just after DarnUI, as it makes more sense there.

I'm doing a bit of fiddling with Merge Plugins Standalone as I'm installing this guide, again, and I reckon the total plugin number can be drastically reduced. It truly is an easy to use and effective tool.

All the Advanced Recon mods could probably be merged into just one as could JIP's mods, possibly the entire UI section. If that is true then the entire process of setting up the UI will be streamlined.

We could probably move the MCM install up to just after DarnUI, as it makes more sense there.

If this can be confirmed to work (which it should it) would be quite a boon.

Funny I was also doing some tinkering and thinking the same thing at least for things like merged compatibility patches for PN, EVE, WMX and stuff. You know when I first got into this modding scene I thought I could get in and out in a week or two. Now I'm seriously considering get fully on board the testing train. Even fiddling with xedit a bit.

Edited by Van555

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/Sandbox

Looks like using the Mega links are fine. You just have to make sure they are shared with the encryption key in the url. I'll start migration tonight.

I'm going to nuke my install of FNV and start all over. I haven't worked through the guide like a newbie in over a year, so it's always good to start fresh and touch up everything I as go. 

@Van555

Ahh... too late now, you've already been infected. Never again will you look at a glitch/bug/error/missing texture/dirty edit the same way.

I realized that the moment I was backing up two head cow textures.

Edited by Van555

Alright, finally moved to RWLE from Nevada Skies. Should have done that months ago.

DOn't think you will have a problem updating during a playthrough, but you should do a clean save and back up to be sure in case you want to fall back to Nevada Skies.

I'll eventually write up a weather mod page so users can pick from Nevada Skies, RWLE, or Project Reality. I've just never actually tested the last one with F&L. If anyone has then let me know how it went.

I think I got all the links except the PDF version which hasn't been updated since last February.  :confused: I'll have to add that to the list of stuff to update.

If anyone runs across one let me know. I have until May though so it's not super important.

Alright, finally moved to RWLE from Nevada Skies. Should have done that months ago.

DOn't think you will have a problem updating during a playthrough, but you should do a clean save and back up to be sure in case you want to fall back to Nevada Skies.

I'll eventually write up a weather mod page so users can pick from Nevada Skies, RWLE, or Project Reality. I've just never actually tested the last one with F&L. If anyone has then let me know how it went.

Interesting any reason for the switch?