Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Upgrading to FCO 3.01 in an existing save with NVR and FCO2 (NVR above FCO) doesn't seem to going to work, with or without NVR installed I get eyeballs in the far left of the eyes. Disabling FCO (2 or 3) esm causes my character to be invisible and in the ground.

Edited by Hackerpcs

Upgrading to FCO 3.01 in an existing save with NVR and FCO2 (NVR above FCO) doesn't seem to going to work, with or without NVR installed I get eyeballs in the far left of the eyes. Disabling FCO (2 or 3) esm causes my character to be invisible and in the ground.

You have to start a new game with FCO because it changes default races.

Hello everyone,

I just finished modding my game following this guide and when I rebuild the Bashed patch, it seems that Mod Organizer has some problems.

I launch Wrye Flash through MO without incidents. Rebuild the patch with no problem. The patch is there in the Wrye Flash panel. Hoovering over it shows the pluggins it contains. No error messages, no red warning pluggins, everything looks fine, but when I close Wrye Flash and MO is active again I go to the Override section there's no bashed pluggin to be found, only a Docs folder and inside it, one Bashed Patch text document and one html link to bashed patch.

In the right panel of MO, when the pluggins are listed, I can see the Bashed patch and if I launch the game, everything looks to work fine. Of course, it's just the early game. Maybe later on, I'll notice leveling list not working properly or some other issue that shows that the bashed patch is not properly function it, but as far as I can tell at the moment, the game is working as intended.

So my questions are if there is any reason for the bashed patch not appearing in the override folder as it should, where actually the pluggin is so I can try to move it, why this is happening and how to fix it if anybody knows to and, finally, if it's OK leaving the things as they stand because the game is seemingly working fine.

If it's not in overwrite then it is in some other mod folder (left pane). Just hover mouse cursor over the Bashed Patch, 0.esp and it will tell you to which mod it belongs.

Well, shoot. I'm getting all the symptoms of Ye Olde Memory Overflow from having too many mods.

Here is my load order, is there anything in there I can merge to cut down the number of files FNV has to load?

Also, the Generate Bashed Tags script still doesn't work.

E: Gah, and now FNV loads to main menu but doesn't load the cursor, as though it's missing a master or something.

E2: Screw it, just going to start from scratch.

Edited by dragonshardz

With regards to the memory leak, seems as though the rain from Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement has a particularly heavy effect on performance. Was playing for about 20 minutes, then rain started up, and framerate dropped from 60fps to 30fps. Waited until the rain went, and it went to about 40-45fps. Is there a way to disable the rain?

With regards to the memory leak, seems as though the rain from Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement has a particularly heavy effect on performance. Was playing for about 20 minutes, then rain started up, and framerate dropped from 60fps to 30fps. Waited until the rain went, and it went to about 40-45fps. Is there a way to disable the rain?

You can try using Realistic Wasteland Lighting instead. Rain in the wasteland is not very realistical anyways.

You can try using Realistic Wasteland Lighting instead. Rain in the wasteland is not very realistical anyways.

As someone who lives in the desert, how is rain not realistic? It rains in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, etc. just like in other places. I'm not entirely sure where people get the idea that there is no precipitation in the desert.

• +1 1

As someone who lives in the desert, how is rain not realistic? It rains in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, etc. just like in other places. I'm not entirely sure where people get the idea that there is no precipitation in the desert.

Do you know if there's a way to disable weather types in the ESP?

Of course it rains sometimes but rain is not something that you usually expect in a middle of a desert, right? Spend 2 weeks in a game with RWLE and you will see at least 4-5 rains. How is that realistic?

Of course it rains sometimes but rain is not something that you usually expect in a middle of a desert, right? Spend 2 weeks in a game with RWLE and you will see at least 4-5 rains. How is that realistic?

Depend on the time of year. The rain is consolidated most the time to late July through October. Isn't the game in September? About 70% of it during that time. It rains about 10 inches or less where I live. I think in Nevada it's about an inch less a year. Couple weeks ago we even got a massive hail storm. Damaged my truck. 

jo9E20O.jpgH6LKCvX.jpgs2oCqTP.jpg

Weird right? Quarter and nickel size hail around here actually happens about once every three years though.