Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

By the way, I just looked at your screenshot.  The reason the mods you installed don't tell you if you have the newest version or not is because you had never set that information up when you first installed the mods.  One thing you should do is always correct the mod Nexus link and version # for a mod when you first install it.  I don't know if EssArrBee mentioned that tip in the F&L guide, but I thought it was common knowledge amongst MO modders.  It may not be, but it's a very important practice to do in order to have MO keep track of the versions you have installed and let you know automatically when new versions come out.

Well my first encounter with MO is now with F&L, last time I tinkered with NV was in 2012 with FOMM and in 2010 with FOMM with FO3. This tip should be added and also if I haven't seen it is that to "Merge" in some plugins (e.g. a main file and merge a fix) the fix must be installed with the same name as the name which was the main file installed.

Offtopic, I don't get why many say that MO has a bigger learning curve than FOMM or NMM, I found it much more easy to get into and I feel very safe knowing that whatever I do can be very easily reverted as mods are not interlaced on top of each other, one delete and you're done

Edited by Hackerpcs

Got it from here.

While running the generate bash tags script I noticed that some of the text was in russian...but you can easily switch it back to english with fnvedit.  Took me couple of minutes.

Can you find and read the Russian changelog?  What changed between 1.1 and 1.3.  The fact that it's in Russian and I can't read the description worries me.

EDIT: Actually, the documentation included with it is in English...  The changelog sounds safe (I will be testing this new version out later)...  I wonder what it means when it refers to "Still no fix for the Nevada Skies lightning problem."  Thanks you for showing us where this new version is!  :)  I will have to edit it with xEdit and hunt down that Russian text in the mod.

In the instructions for the FOMOD installer of Interior Lighting Overhaul nothing is said about the ILO - YUP Patch.esp. It is automatically ticked for installation. Shall I disable it?

I ended up disabling it in my setup.  I do not know if I had merged it or what (I forget), but in the end it ended up in the "optional" folder.  That's all I can say.  Hopefully someone else can tell you more.

Got it from here.

While running the generate bash tags script I noticed that some of the text was in russian...but you can easily switch it back to english with fnvedit.  Took me couple of minutes.

So I just got around to attempting to install this.  I corrected the Russian text names in the plugin using xEdit back to English.  What I'm worried about is cleaning the plugin.  It seems to have a ridiculous amount of ITMs/UDRs.  After I ran those cleaning processes, I'm afraid to save it just because there were so many...  I'm guessing the author just used a method that isn't efficient for a heavily modded game, but that using the cleaning processes fixes his method.  Have you done this and is it safe? 

I ended up disabling it in my setup.  I do not know if I had merged it or what (I forget), but in the end it ended up in the "optional" folder.  That's all I can say.  Hopefully someone else can tell you more.

It works for now. So thanks for the great guide! It took less time than the one for FO3 or Skyrim and was pretty easy.

Although I am not yet that thrilled by the first hours of the game. On first glance, Fallout 3's Wanderers Edition seems to be more extensive than Project Nevada. And I am rather disappointed in the graphics: The mods made Fallout 3 look really great, while in Fallout New Vegas everything looks rather sterile and way to colorful. But perhaps the new game mechanics will make up for it.

Edited by justfun

It works for now. So thanks for the great guide! It took less time than the one for FO3 or Skyrim and was pretty easy.

Although I am not yet that thrilled by the first hours of the game. On first glance, Fallout 3's Wanderers Edition seems to be more extensive than Project Nevada. And I am rather disappointed in the graphics: The mods made Fallout 3 look really great, while in Fallout New Vegas everything looks rather sterile and way to colorful. But perhaps the new game mechanics will make up for it.

I didn't create the guide, I've just been recently making a lot of updates to it since EssArrBee has not been active recently and gave permission to modify the guide as long as a few rules are upheld.

There's not much the guide can do about FWE vs PN.  There are some working on a FWE equivalent building off of PN, but its early stages.  As to color the Mojave wasn't hit by the bombs like DC so civilization is thriving more, and the color palette is set to match.

Going to replace Electro City with Simple Street Lights, is this the correct mod page? Should I just replace Electro City with it, or are there any extra specific things I need to do first?

Also, upgrading from Realistic Wasteland Lighting to the Enhanced version, should I again simply replace one with the other?

Going to replace Electro City with Simple Street Lights, is this the correct mod page? Should I just replace Electro City with it, or are there any extra specific things I need to do first?

Also, upgrading from Realistic Wasteland Lighting to the Enhanced version, should I again simply replace one with the other?

The version you gave a link to is 1.1.  There is a newer version that LornKain73 gave us the link to for version 1.3:

https://bethplanet.ru/fallout-new-vegas/mods/graphics/ssl-simple-street-lights

Be warned, that version is made for the Russian version of FNV.  If you use it you will have to make a couple easy name change edits using FNVEdit.  The best way to tell that you found all the Russian texts within the plugin is to run the Generate Bash Tag script on the plugin, and once you have eliminated all of the Russian parts you will find that only 2 bash tags are generated versus 4. 

• +1 2

The version you gave a link to is 1.1.  There is a newer version that LornKain73 gave us the link to for version 1.3:

https://bethplanet.ru/fallout-new-vegas/mods/graphics/ssl-simple-street-lights

Be warned, that version is made for the Russian version of FNV.  If you use it you will have to make a couple easy name change edits using FNVEdit.  The best way to tell that you found all the Russian texts within the plugin is to run the Generate Bash Tag script on the plugin, and once you have eliminated all of the Russian parts you will find that only 2 bash tags are generated versus 4. 

What's changed with 1.3? And do you know what needs to be changed exactly in FNVEdit?

• +1 1