Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

This is an amazing guide, thanks for all the hard work !  :salute: :cool:

New user, confessing I didn't read the 158 pages of posts before asking a question probably asked before.

Using MO, following the wiki guide and after the first couple of Merges (Merged Fixes, New Vegas Uncut and Sandbox6 Mods) I've got about 12 unticked installs on in my left pane. What do we do with all the Unticked Installs, it doesn't seem to mention in the wiki guide?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I just got down to Fallout Character Overhaul, is it considered the hair and eye mod for the install compilation? Asking since I don't see any hair and eye mods per say ( lings or mikoto). It's been a couple of years since I had a play-through and remember them being a bit buggy.

In regards to the plugin limit, I'm just hitting 90 at this point, what will be the approximate number by the end of the list, after considering your Bash or Merge?

Thanks again for all your hard work! :thecrowdgoeswild:  :cool:

Thanks for your reply. I just got down to Fallout Character Overhaul, is it considered the hair and eye mod for the install compilation? Asking since I don't see any hair and eye mods per say ( lings or mikoto). It's been a couple of years since I had a play-through and remember them being a bit buggy.

In regards to the plugin limit, I'm just hitting 90 at this point, what will be the approximate number by the end of the list, after considering your Bash or Merge?

Thanks again for all your hard work! :thecrowdgoeswild:  :cool:

When you create the Bashed Patch, that plugin count should drop by quite a bit, because the patch merges together a bunch of ESPs, so they can simply be un-ticked in the load order.  I have around 103 ESPs in my load order (I've got a few mods that aren't part of the guide), but around 16 are merged into the bashed patch, so they're unchecked, leaving me with 87 active ESPs, and a perfectly stable game (for the most part).

Also FCO isn't really a hair/eye mod. It has improved textures for them, but its primary goal is improved faces. Though for this guide, it's used as a baseline for New Vegas Redesigned 3, which requires it to work properly.

Edited by Jax765

Ended up with 120 active plugins (eeks!), 15 were unticked by Bash. It's running very stable, probably the best I've ever seen since release. Thanks for all the great advice on install! :standingovation:

One problem I seem to be having is the game is too dark, even during the day. I've only made it to 9am, day 1 so far. I've installed about 85% of the mods you listed, including ENB and Nevada Skies. Can I disable Nevada Skies just as a test to troubleshoot and see if it's causing the darkness without making a new Bash patch?

Should there be any Tree physics, like swaying in the breeze? They are so stagnate, it looks odd.

Thanks

Edited by Acleacius

Ended up with 120 active plugins (eeks!), 15 were unticked by Bash. It's running very stable, probably the best I've ever seen since release. Thanks for all the great advice on install! :standingovation: ;)

One problem I seem to be having is the game is too dark, even during the day. I've only made it to 9am, day 1 so far. I've installed about 85% of the mods you listed, including ENB and Nevada Skies. Can I disable Nevada Skies just as a test to troubleshoot and see if it's causing the darkness without making a new Bash patch?

Thanks

Switch to realistic wasteland lighting if Nevada skies is to dark.

Make a new bashed patch if you change the load order.

This is an amazing guide, thanks for all the hard work !  :salute: :cool:

New user, confessing I didn't read the 158 pages of posts before asking a question probably asked before.

Using MO, following the wiki guide and after the first couple of Merges (Merged Fixes, New Vegas Uncut and Sandbox6 Mods) I've got about 12 unticked installs on in my left pane. What do we do with all the Unticked Installs, it doesn't seem to mention in the wiki guide?

Thanks

At the bottom of the left pane is a filter. Open it and click "Checked". If you want to see them again, just click in the blank area below "Stealth".

I'm going to try Realistic Lighting, thanks. I don't mind darker nights, in my game Nevada Skies seemed like it had a dark film over it, even on the brightest day. Thanks for the tip about Stealth hiding the unticked installs.

Edit: Tried Realistic Lighting and it looks great. I've only seen the daytime so far, looking forward to a nightime check.

I've run into one bug so far, after Meyers' becomes sheriff. Once his speech is done the deputies don't follow him and I'm frozen with no key control. I had to use enableplayercontrols to free myself, but nothing seemed to help the deputies. I tried to 'disable', then 'enable' and resetai, also zoning into a building and back. On the net, it seems this bug is/was associated with Mission Mojave, but iirc we avoided it in the install guide. Does anyone have a suggestion or idea how to fix the deputy AI?

Thanks

Edit: I've tried to add Explore music to /data/music/explore folder, but it seems to keep playing from Fallout1and2 explore music. Anyway to make New Vegas use the /explore music folder?

Edited by Acleacius

"Thanks for the tip about Stealth hiding the unticked installs." I don't want to confuse the issue further, but here goes... Stealth doesn't hide your inactive mods "Checked" does. I only mentioned "Stealth" because, you need to click in a blank area (the easiest and largest being below the "Stealth" category) to uncheck all categories.

About Nevada Skies; Did you read the Nevada Skies FAQ and follow it? Do you have HDR and (in the advanced options) High Textures checked, in the Fallout New Vegas launcher options? Are you using only one Nevada Skies "Nights".esp (along with the Ultimate DLC Edition.esp)? Was Nevada Skies last, in your load order? Do you have automatic archive invalidation checked, in Mod Organizer (if so, did you uncheck it, close the profiles window, re-open the profiles window and check the box again)?

Nothing against Realistic Lighting, I like it too. However, there should be no reason why Nevada Skies should not work properly. When I first installed it, I had really bad sky seams and redid automatic archive invalidation and they went away.

As for your other problems, I've not begun a new play through yet, (so I can't help with Primm Deputies), but FNV doesn't have an "explore folder" for music, nor sounds. If you add an explore folder, the music engine won't recognize it, unless you physically add it, via GECK. There is an "explore" option inside the music engine itself, but it's linked to dungeon sounds (Data>Music>DNGN) and not a physical folder.

Edited by Tralfaz

Hey, great work on this. Love it and currently playing through with everything listed and no faults or crashes so far.

Just wanted to pop in and say though that one minor, very minor thing could be fixed.

The mod "Better Gas Leak Effect" causes one terminal in the game at Doc Mitchell's house to have a weird texture effect.

This mod here "Better Gas Leak Effect Fixes" will resolve that, https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58557

That's it. Keep up the great work. First time I've had a stable modded run through.

• +1 2

Hey, great work on this. Love it and currently playing through with everything listed and no faults or crashes so far.

Just wanted to pop in and say though that one minor, very minor thing could be fixed.

The mod "Better Gas Leak Effect" causes one terminal in the game at Doc Mitchell's house to have a weird texture effect.

This mod here "Better Gas Leak Effect Fixes" will resolve that, https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58557

That's it. Keep up the great work. First time I've had a stable modded run through.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58557/?