A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

According to this message, the primary issue with Hidden Hideouts seems to be navmeshes.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4152-a-real-explorers-guide-to-skyrim/page-129?do=findComment&comment=98906

Yes, HHoS is now fully navmeshed. I merged all 4 together HHo Skyrim, Cities, DB & DG and have had it in my load order for 6 months. I thought they would come in super handy with Frostfall when I am lost in the wilderness and freezing. Funny think is I have never found one hideout - although to be fair I don't use the compass at all. I guess it's a bit like Isoku's Rainbows. They only seem to come around once every 200 hours but when they finally appear it is quite spectacular! HHoS will probably stay in my load order for that wonderful moment when all is lost and I literally stumble on a hidden location that saves the day!

• +1 1

So, now HHoS is fully compliant with REGS, which is nice and all and I THINK - in my honest opinion - should be re-considered to be added for the next revision.

REGS is nearly 1 year old now and although it has seen major changes and additions perhaps soon may be the time to do a revision and to reconsider some mods. I'm not doing this without CJ though, not least because he started the project and also since his skills are crucial to check whether the mod is not only aesthetically but also technically (navmesh, npc packages etc. etc.) good.

personally I'd like to see some new additions such as Skyrim Better Roads (which in my testing seemed compatible, but again, need CJ to actually verify). 

Also for all you explorers, new mod was released recently Skyrim Convenient Bridges . The bridges are all unique and look nicely done. My main concern is that it will reduce incentives to go into the water at all. But it might be worth giving it a try in your setups and let us know what you think!

I would like to second the thought from Mate1146 regarding HHOS.  This would be helpful since there are so many locations I don't know if any will create a conflict until discovered much later.  For example, I read there might be something near Falkreath that might conflict with MAS.  ALthough this was just a guess on someone's part.  However, I would suggest that the author add the markers to the high immersion version with the potential "occupants" and varied camping gear.  If you want markers you must DL the version without occupants.  Seems to me you need both. 

FYI those that are concerned with them being too easy to find need to install a mod that greatly decreases the distance that markers show up.  Which now that I think about it is a real plus for REGS.

REGS is nearly 1 year old now and although it has seen major changes and additions perhaps soon may be the time to do a revision and to reconsider some mods. I'm not doing this without CJ though, not least because he started the project and also since his skills are crucial to check whether the mod is not only aesthetically but also technically (navmesh, npc packages etc. etc.) good.

personally I'd like to see some new additions such as Skyrim Better Roads (which in my testing seemed compatible, but again, need CJ to actually verify). 

Also for all you explorers, new mod was released recently Skyrim Convenient Bridges . The bridges are all unique and look nicely done. My main concern is that it will reduce incentives to go into the water at all. But it might be worth giving it a try in your setups and let us know what you think!

If you think that bridges mod gives less reason to go in the water, you can always try the immersive fallen trees mod. If you're roleplaying, you're character may be less likely to cross a unstable looking fallen tree than he would to cross a suspicious plank bridge. So there may be times where you would rather swim across than risk falling some distance from a fallen tree into the water. If you don't roleplay, I suppose either would leave you with your concern though.