Is there a mod that... (Mod Detectives)

Not for all the Misc items I dont think, but you can simulate that with weapons, armors, books, torches and a few other things using Encumbering Loot Armor and Weapons.

Your able to change how much unequipped items weigh. For instance and unequipped piece of armor could weigh 4 times as much as it normally would, representing it being very burdensome to haul around.

I dropped EK Limited as the script runs continuously, and when it detects you're over capacity it picks something at random to drop, I got frustrated pretty quick. I could someone enjoying the immersion, but like Frostfall & RND I found this more trouble than its worth (to me, just my opinion, your mileage will vary).

• 4 months later...

Looking for a comprehensive perk overhaul. Something like PerMa except without the new weapon categories and items, but that is deeper and more involved than SPERG is. I've tried ACE, but ACE is a fairly old mod and it doesn't support new weapons particularly well (bandits who could swing two handers faster than you can block is a little weird).

Also looking for something that adjusts NPC leveling. Something that totally stops leveling can have problems with things being too easy or too hard. I'm thinking something like Skyrim Unleashed (enemies have a level head start but level very slowly, falling behind you in the endgame), except that it doesn't touch gear and it doesn't throw hordes of boss-level mages into so many dungeons.

I know these are really specific requests, but if there's something that modding Skyrim has taught me, it's that almost everything has been covered at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried Skyrim Improved by Mofakin? It has some interesting perk changes.

I took a look and it looks good, but it's maybe a little too comprehensive. Kind of the same reason I opted against using SkyRe and PerMa's perk setups. After trying a bunch of different perk overhauls, ACE is still my favorite because of how true it is to the vanilla style. Issues that I had with ACE were in fact being caused by ASIS distributing player perks to the AI, and now that it's fixed, it works okay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A good light armor perk overhaul or something that makes light armor more viable versus heavy armor.

I know ACE has a decent one but is lowers the number of perks needed to progress through it by quite a bit.

I want to do a light armored character who can go into melee dual wielding and not get slaughtered simply for wearing light armor. Also rather not have to spec into another support perk tree (such as restoration, just to keep myself alive) (PS Play on Master Difficulty with several difficulty enhancers)

Thanks!

Well, you might want to look for a mod that makes light armor more viable in a sense that you are far more agile. TK Dodge or other mods that give you more options to avoid melee attack are some of the simpler ones. There are also big overhauls like SkyRe, PERMA, Requiem etc. that also increase the benefits of light armor vs. heavy armor, but of course they are not as modular.

Thanks torminater,

This was my original thinking, I may have to try TK dodge again but I believe the reaction time from the dodge was a bit too delayed. Most of the bigger overhauls I tend to avoid for the non-modular reasons. Worse case scenario I will just use a follower as canon fodder ::):