Is there a mod that... (Mod Detectives)

I recently stumbled upon a mod that completely stopped NPCs from greeting you with all mage related comments like "Are you wizard? From the College?" etc because the modder was apparently very annoyed by them. At the time I remember thinking "Who would care about this?" ... and now I can't seem to find it. Posted Image

I recently stumbled upon a mod that completely stopped NPCs from greeting you with all mage related comments like "Are you wizard? From the College?" etc because the modder was apparently very annoyed by them. At the time I remember thinking "Who would care about this?" ... and now I can't seem to find it. Posted Image

It's just really that one line that sends me psychotic. Though I can see how the sneering high elves might wind some people up.

@DocClox

Try this.  It should stop the child comments when the player is undetected, trespassing, or in combat.

Hey cool! Thanks, I'll try that out when I get home.

Is this it? No NPC Greetings - it is a VERY old mod and I don't know if it is still fit for purpose.

The mod is just a game setting. I include it in all the STEP plugins, but anyone can use it or adjust the settin gto suit their needs.

Game Setting

- Should be known that Game Settings are found and/or added by their EditorID, not their FormID.

- XX0034D3 - fAIMinGreetingDistance

- Change DATA - Value->Float to '90.000000' <- The default is something like 180.000000, but you could lower it even further.

No, that's not the one. It was one that removed every "annoying" (to the author) magic comment from NPCs directed to the player such as that "Are you a wizard?" one. Don't remember how exactly I came across the mod, I only remember it was a long Nexus browsing session. Tried looking in my browser history but somehow I can't find it there either.. weird.

Does anybody know about mods that let you destroy the Thieves' Guild? This seems to be the front runner but I want to know if any of you have any other experiences or recommendations. Because as it stands this one seems to get the job done but it plays fast and loose with the lore in a way I'm not terribly comfortable with.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28880/?

Edited by sgtnapalm

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a mod that makes vanilla NPCs interesting?  Specifically, I'm looking for more interesting dialogue WITHIN the dialogue window.  I know there's at least one mod that makes NPCs have more interesting things to say aloud while adventuring, but I'd like something that gave the NPCs more actual personality than just robots who do what you say and carry what you give them.  I also know of the mod Interesting NPCs, but it seems that mod just adds a bunch of NPCs who also happen to be interesting.  I've considered that mod, but I'd first like to enjoy the vanilla NPCs, if possible.

Of course, it's possible my computer might not be able to handle the mod I'm looking for, and I don't know that it could handle Interesting NPCs, either:  it's very low-end (I can't do regular STEP either: the graphics mods are too much and I can't use the texture DLC either).  Next year, when I have a new computer, though . . .

I searched this thread for "bag", "container", and "inventory" but it seems no one has asked about a mod that gives you simple bags or containers that can organize your stuff?  For example when I'm gathering items for a quest I want to put them in a bag so I don't accidentally sell them.  And another bag could be used for items that I DO want to sell to prevent selling the gear off my back!

And no I do NOT want to increase my carrying capacity like Bandoliers does.

Is there is a mod that "de-questing" quest items? For example now i have about 20 quest items, i know that they are weightless, but i don't like this clutter in inventory.

Are you sure you're done with the quest?  If you don't plan on finishing the quest then maybe you could manually complete the quest via the console.  Also, you could use the console to drop the item but I don't know what that would break.  See these for the console commands:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61227932

https://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2245135

I searched this thread for "bag", "container", and "inventory" but it seems no one has asked about a mod that gives you simple bags or containers that can organize your stuff?  For example when I'm gathering items for a quest I want to put them in a bag so I don't accidentally sell them.  And another bag could be used for items that I DO want to sell to prevent selling the gear off my back!

And no I do NOT want to increase my carrying capacity like Bandoliers does.

Do a search for functional bags. That might do what you need but not exactly.

• 4 weeks later...

My turn!

It's always seemed odd to me that the ONLY way to learn any given enchantment was by destroying some other piece of enchanted gear. I mean... if that's the only way to learn how to do it, how did the first pieces of enchanting gear even come into existence? So, I'm looking for something that allows the learning of enchantments by some other methods... like, say, a skill book or something. Any ideas out there on this one? No luck on my searching so far...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use MFG Console in order to find out Form IDs of visible in-game objects/elements, and Manny GT's Status for general information relating to the state of the game and the local cell, so I can fix problems I find with a compatibility patch plugin.

However, what would make it even more useful is if position coordinate data (x,y,z axis) was also given for the object/elements.

Even better would be a tool that also displays FormIDs of objects/elements that cannot be selected in console because they are not visible - for example light sources, rail / wall lean markers, etc.

Are there any mods out there which do this?