Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Ok, i was comparing e.g. whiterun pools. But there is a lot to finetune still, yes. Makes little sense though, because of the next (main) release that will use another enbeffect etc.. that is were effort is best used at the moment and the finetuning will go into. still if there is time we will definately look into it, always nice to get feedback, because you can never compare everything ingame and all different textures people use and more. I would love to here your other "buggings" too if you want to share them. you can PM me if you want.Thanks.

For water it is not so much the texture as it is the color set in CK for the water. If you want perfect looking water you need to create an .esp for it. Problem is that it again depends on weather, and when you have the diversity you have in your ENB preset then it might all be kinda moot anyways. Kinda silly to limit one self on how water looks, as long as it looks at least decent. 

There also could be differences because the normal version got most fancy Water effects disabled because of performance reasons. The High Quality version uses almost all ENB water effects. I think it looks great as it is at the moment.

I use Water Two wich is more green than blue btw. Always a desission of taste, and my taste says i prefer Mead over water! :D

I used this a little bit outdoors.  Seems very nice.  A couple of observations:

Turning on or off DOF has no noticeable effect on screen (at least to me) but gets me another 4-5 FPS, so switched this off.

I understand it's a stylistic choice but things seems just a little bit blurry (or maybe it's better described as lacking sharpness around the edges)

Edited by statmonster

@ Mangaclub: I reduce the "muddiness" value with regard to RW2 & Watercolor for ENB, this gives more blue/less green & more transparent water, your mileage may vary.

Oh' I'm afraid the judges have ruled "mead" was an incorrect answer, we were looking for "guinness", but thanks for playing ;-)

@statmonster

The DoF is quiet Sutle and only appears when focusing stuff nearby you.

Yes its a matter of taste and quiet ok if you disable it ;)

@red

yes we tryd to find a solution between cristal Clear and total muddyness. So many watermods out there wich are hard to cover so its also a matter of taste. Some people really like Crystal clear waters, others find them unrealistic.

Awww.. too bad, Guinnes isnt inofficially allowed in germany, so i stay with mead :D Cheers

@Mangaclub - I played about 13 hours over the weekend.  It was very nice.  Good FPS.  (I used with with ELFX & Exterior but not ELE - patching that seems like a nightmare.)

It really brought out the colors and artwork - 101 Bugs were gorgeous as were all the flowery plants (SFO?)  Dungeons were quite varied - usually the lights were bright enough to see most of the places but the corners were very dark and a few places without lighting were incredibly dark.  I've got to find (or make) more torches! WEBS extended looked amazing.

Outdoors shadows and lighting seemed to change quickly and abruptly.  (This was particularity noticeable during the Helgen execution intro when the keep shadow would jump periodically.)  I had Skyrim.ini set to

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0

Edited by statmonster

@statmonster

Thanks!

Yes the Interriors are set that way that you can basicly run trought without a Torch if theres proper lighting and will need one if there are no or poor lights at all.

Oh an just make sure you do not use the Enhancer of ELFX, it makes shaodws damn dark.

Never noticed this sun problem though. Maybe because i play at a timescale of 5. Skyrim days are just too short for me wich makes the sun also move slower :)

• 2 weeks later...

Vividian 5.0 Official Beta is out now in the beta files!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please take your time and test it if you like.

This version can be seen as complete overaul because alot of stuff changed and for me i must say in a good way.
If you test this, we sure would like to know what you think of it. Especially if you encounter any problems like shadow striping or Black fogs or other strange stuff like that.
But, Informations like "the sky is more blue than before" are not really what we are looking for as bug report though. As we changed the whole color correction and enb coloring stuff it simply looks different now. Mostly because the overall Pink/purple tint only affects the middletones where they actually should affect. As a result white is now white and not light purple white.

Changelog:
5.00beta
Changed:
Everything....no seriously we changed every single setting with this enb and basicly built it up from its roots:
- If you are using LANTERNS OF SKYRIM please use the updated Vividian Preset that is deliverd with this Beta version
- Moved to a new coloring system by replacing the enbeffect.fx file with one by Prod80.
- moved the whole color correction to the enbpalette.tga file, that means:
 * the overall Violet/Purple/pink tone covering the whole picture is gone now.
 Now it only affects the tones that are important that means -> White is Actually White and Black is black.
 So no more purple snow, waterfalls and particles + more smooth color gradients
- Enabled Fix wrong sky math option by default. As a result the skys are now more color friendly and effectfull.
- Cleaned up the Climates of Tamriel weathers and grouped them according to their behaviours.
- Enhanced the nights, sunsets, sunrise, Daytime and interior environment massivley.
- Enhanced Depth of Field for better ingame behaviour
- added a Torches Fix for all Torches so their intensity meet the our new Lighting intensity.

Edited by Mangaclub