Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

My pdf wont help out in this case, since prods and my file are very different in terms of how we use adaptation. We do use the same tonemapping, but altering that is not recommended, since it also alters bright areas. Also prod wanted to make sure to use most of the image space values, where I do not want to use any but the two really essential ones. This alone will not make any adjustment trivial like it is in my file. 

Ooh, thanks for the new presets.

I have compared the scene under Helgen where you have to shoot or sneak past the bear and I can just see the difference in lighting between the standard preset for 5.0 and 5.01. There is a tiny difference but it is just there.

Once I changed to the Brighter Interiors and Nights optional preset I could see more clearly but still had to watch my step. On my system at least, that one is the best balance between realism and practicality.

I am still getting 39fps at 1440p outside Helgen so well done for those tweaks between 4.151 and 5.0.

Here are the under Helgen shots with the 5.0, 5.01 and 5.01-brighter presets...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by DanielCoffey

Hey Daniel

thanks for the screens. You got a nice monitor there.. i actually tried out the preset on my plasma TV (just some screens and the video) and it really gets pitchblack in some scenes, but that might also be because of my bad plasma and its calibration :)Anyway, your screens should not be that dark on my TFT (calibrated to best of extend, but which clearly does not support such blacklevels), they should look like the game looks ingame with my TFT, logically.I will try to test those interiors and get back.

EDIT: ok, it looks the same. So nothing wrong with your ENB setup. I must say though, the location is really dark, but that is one of the things this ENB aims to be, dark in some regions so that a torch/lantern needs to be used. Partly also because of ELE/ELFX, which aims to be realistic lighting. I will refine the brightness editions anyway. They should be available tomorrow evening in the beta section, dropbox. if you like to give it a try.I am happy about the feedback from someone with that kind of monitor/calibration.

So one question. In the last picture, can you see the left foot of the person standing beside you? (right lower corner)

Edited by benhat

It can be controlled in the ENB GUI when you know which parameter to tweak. That way you can also get real time updates on your changes. 

Also any MCM changes would have to be altering image space values and hence require a mod with a script specifically aimed at doing this. Guess that would be a mod to try to create.... a script based post processing mod using only the image spaces.... but again one could also just code the ENB .fx files properly and get the same result with no scripts. 

Thanks for the new Even Brighter preset you sent me Benhat - I have put it up against the 5.01 Brighter here... (5.01 brighter interiors on the left, 5.01 even brighter preset from your PM on the right).

Posted ImagePosted Image

I have concentrated more on the figure next to me. I know it still looks dark but Photoshop does show a small increase in the luminance levels between the two presets. Given how dark the location is meant to be, I don't really think further tweaks are necessary as it will spoil the effect we are looking for with ELFX and ELE and Vividian. This is the only location where you don't have any access to a portable light source after all.

Ah so I'm already using that then... Too bad would have hoped for an even brighter one. I'll try tweak some stuff myself :P

Also with my GPU (HD6950) even the Performance Edition drops my FPS to approximately 25-30 in most places. My knowledge about ENB setttings is kind of limited to enblocal.ini, but I used the following settings in enbseries.ini to gain 15-20fps (so the average is about 38-45). This disables all the fancy effects, but I haven't noticed any graphical errors so far. Yet I still get to keep the wonderful colors of your ENB! 

The only effects I kept enabled are:

• EnableBloom=true
  • EnableDetailedShadow=true
  • EnableSunRays=true
  • EnableSunGlare=true
  • EnableImageBasedLighting=true (Im using ELE so I assume this must be enabled)
  • EnableProceduralSun=true
Can you tell me if I should expect any anomalies that I haven't noticed yet? Basically using the SRLE setup fo Vividian ENB minus the Fog (also did not install the CoT fog).
Edited by Nearox

Oh i see, Then just follow the customation guide :)

Please also enable the Volumetric rays as many weathers simply depend on them.

Other than that i would recommend also to enable the Mist and see how it drains on you(basicly it should not). This will give back great atmosphere in distant mountains and many foggy and stormy weathers depends on them plus better

transitions to the sky. If you disable the Mist you might see some weird white  mountains in the distance on a darker sky.

Edited by Mangaclub