STEP v2.2.7 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

I know this was way back at the start of this thread, but bear with me.

For No stretching wouldn't it be only the mountain meshes that are the problem? Seems a little much to uninstall the entire mod if some of the meshes still fix stretching issues in other places. Especially since other mods already have somewhat detailed lists of what and what not to install.

We could always just say delete the landscape folder and keep the dungeons one (not sure if rocks folder is affected by the same issue). That would be the most basic solution.

I have not inspected every single change this mod brings, but the overarching concept of scrunching up the textures around the models is flawed, IMO. From what I have seen, what applies to the mountains also applies to the other rocks in this mod.

I recommend waiting ro the proper fixes to evolve rather than apply this mod. Do please look at some of the other comparisons under Core. If they look better, then post the screens and we will consider using the "good stuff" from this mod.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering, should Realistic Smoke & Embers and Food & Ingredients have the thing showing they have HQ verions? They both have higher quality options available on their download pages, but the guide just shows the baseline for them both.

I'm wondering' date=' should Realistic Smoke & Embers and Food & Ingredients have the thing showing they have HQ verions? They both have higher quality options available on their download pages, but the guide just shows the baseline for them both.[/quote']

Yep, you are correct then ...

I know this was way back at the start of this thread, but bear with me.

For No stretching wouldn't it be only the mountain meshes that are the problem? Seems a little much to uninstall the entire mod if some of the meshes still fix stretching issues in other places. Especially since other mods already have somewhat detailed lists of what and what not to install.

We could always just say delete the landscape folder and keep the dungeons one (not sure if rocks folder is affected by the same issue). That would be the most basic solution.

I have not inspected every single change this mod brings, but the overarching concept of scrunching up the textures around the models is flawed, IMO. From what I have seen, what applies to the mountains also applies to the other rocks in this mod.

I recommend waiting ro the proper fixes to evolve rather than apply this mod. Do please look at some of the other comparisons under Core. If they look better, then post the screens and we will consider using the "good stuff" from this mod.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off as hostile =) More just looking for answers for flaws where I do not remember seeing them. I see what you mean looking through the mod myself now.

No doubt the Mountain and rock textures are flawed. Looking through non mountain and rock meshes the issue seems to be present in other places as well. Not worth going through the hassle when other mods in STEP seem to fix the issue. More importantly they are a better alternative to vanilla without causing another issue. This of course being what you had mentioned in originally getting rid of it. I can back the decision now (as much as me liking or not effects it being included of course :P)

Not sure whether to put this question in this thread, in the 2.2.7 development thread or to make a new thread.

In version 2.2.6 and earlier, there used to be 'iLargeIntRefCount=131072' in the INI tweaks section.

In version 2.2.7 this entry no longer exists.

This removal is not mentioned in the changelog and a forum search produces no results. I'm wondering what your reason is to leave it out, because if it is no longer recommended then I'll remove it from my INI settings.

Not sure whether to put this question in this thread, in the 2.2.7 development thread or to make a new thread.

In version 2.2.6 and earlier, there used to be 'iLargeIntRefCount=131072' in the INI tweaks section.

This removal is not mentioned in the changelog and a forum search produces no results. I'm wondering what your reason is to leave it out, because if it is no longer recommended then I'll remove it from my INI settings.

I can't speak for the mods but from what I understand, it sometimes caused crashes when entering certain areas like Understone Keep.

Addition of the SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills

isn't included in the changelog.

Tech fixed this

This has also been fixed

thanks guys!

No problem. Thanks for the fix.

Now I'm getting curious as to what exactly this setting does. I know it affects game stability when entering large interiors/interiors with many modded textures but what exactly are the mechanics behind this setting? Why 131072, what does the number represent? Is it measured in bytes, seeing as it is equivalent to 128mb? What is the default setting?

Now I'm getting curious as to what exactly this setting does. I know it affects game stability when entering large interiors/interiors with many modded textures but what exactly are the mechanics behind this setting? Why 131072, what does the number represent? Is it measured in bytes, seeing as it is equivalent to 128mb? What is the default setting?

Actually, the value corresponds to 128 KB, and I have not a clue about what it does or does not do (and I am fairly certain that nobody other than the programmers really do).

Actually, the value corresponds to 128 KB, and I have not a clue about what it does or does not do (and I am fairly certain that nobody other than the programmers really do).
It would take some research to find out the answers to all those questions. The value used to be doubled; however, many users were reporting issues with that value. After some testing the current value seemed to be a happy medium with no issues reported from it being too high or too low.