aMidianBorn Caves and Mines (by CaBaL)

kryptopyr

cannot digest poll results once again angel? i'm sorry for you.

there's the reset poll option eventually do not lose hopes... but remember to exclude amb next time.

are you also saying that voters for amb are stupid?

"There should be a link right above the poll to "[undo vote]". From the results, it seems members are voting for the one they like best and not the one that fits the mandate for Core (perhaps the mandate isn't understood?)"

just to know

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannot digest poll results once again angel? i'm sorry for you.

there's the reset poll option eventually do not lose hopes... but remember to exclude amb next time.

are you also saying that voters for amb are stupid?

"There should be a link right above the poll to "[undo vote]". From the results, it seems members are voting for the one they like best and not the one that fits the mandate for Core (perhaps the mandate isn't understood?)"

just to know

Not at all. The information I provided was informative to those that didn't know how to change their vote to or from another option, inlcuding aMb. This is necessary information since your mod changed during the course of the voting.

Core Mandate states:

STEP:Core is about ...

•         ... bug fixes and corrections to malfunctioning aspects of vanilla Skyrim.
  •         ... HD asset replacements in the style of vanilla Skyrim.
  •         ... improvements to existing content that increases the consistency of vanilla Skyrim.
  •         ... interface mods that improve the menus and UI for the PC.
  •         ... new content that is interpreted as a "should have been included" resource and remains consistent with vanilla Skyrim.
I'm sorry, but aMb doesn't fit the mandate for Core (in my understanding of the Mandate); however, it does for Extended. In fact, I like the changes you made in V2 and expect aMidianborn Caves to be included in STEP:Extended.

I like the updated version even better than the older one of AMB-Caves.

CaBal, even if you are pissed at how we maintain mod testing here at STEP you must admit, that it encouraged you to make the best out of your textures. Great job, and surely everyone appreciates your hard work!

Yeah do not mind that silly vote as much Cabal!

With my lighting and ENB your textures also won clearly over the competition!

It is not for STEP core however (It is too awesome to be in that club anyways... shhhh I did not say that!).

And finally... epic job on the last update! Really is much better! I might compress the normal.. but that is the only comment I could make on it. I just do not see any real difference with my lighting that warrants that memory use.

I voted for what best fits the mandate and what I personally like best/fits extended (HRDLC and aMB respectively). It seems like I am not alone. Multiple people have voted for more than one.

Would it be better to just to vote on what you believe adheres to STEP then? Since if aMB is only thought well for extended many of us should remove that from our votes.

I voted for what best fits the mandate and what I personally like best/fits extended (HRDLC and aMB respectively). It seems like I am not alone. Multiple people have voted for more than one.

Would it be better to just to vote on what you believe adheres to STEP then? Since if aMB is only thought well for extended many of us should remove that from our votes.

No need to worry about it. We'll most likely be changing how mod testing is handled on the forums soon.

Admin, MTs, and Moderators,

You should all be able to see this thread: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=3175 Your input would be valuable!

No need to worry about it. We'll most likely be changing how mod testing is handled on the forums soon.

Perhaps we should take this to the MT forum.

Edit: Lol Ninja'd

I like the updated version even better than the older one of AMB-Caves.

CaBal, even if you are pissed at how we maintain mod testing here at STEP you must admit, that it encouraged you to make the best out of your textures. Great job, and surely everyone appreciates your hard work!

not exactly, i did not change textures  because of the analisis here....first release was ment to work well with parallax,that's the reason of lucid spots and other effect like amount of grain and noise ment to compensate parallax warping, but during the job i did not find the idea interesting anymore...

found some good results with much bumped normal maps...2 hours of work ...and here we are.

i'm not pissed, or angry or anything, from the beginning i told that to me changes NOTHING is a mod of mine is used or not in core or else...i found wrong that only amb "bugs" was matter of discussion... and other problems on other textures set...including bethhdcrap easily forgotten.

i found wrong poll resets,since there is multiple choice enabled... because it's like to say "opinions mean nothing" above all first opinions that are nitpicking free

i told few posts before ..zen and patience...afterall modding is supposed to be experimental...and author needs time to evaluate and change things.... bos ,sro,beth had from 7 months to a couple of year to be completed ,reviewed,tweaked,redone,fixed....amb had ...how much...15 days?

we should also think about these things before vivisection of mods....this is my crude but honest point of view.

Points taken. Look forward to future work ... also, public polls on mods will likely be a thing of the past around here. Too subjective.

I like the new stuff, but the only way to really tell for these kinds of textures is to play the game. It is so much different in game, and I am not convinced what I like the most personally. I just know that the vanilla nature models suit me most of the time.

You are? Well I guess Z has to approve everyone individually I had to message him before it started working (though he said he didn't do anything). Anyways on topic I don't feel like doing any more compares right now for this maybe in a week or so.