aMidianBorn Caves and Mines (by CaBaL)

kryptopyr

I'm going to be setting up a couple of saves and posting them on the MT Guide that have all locations unlocked. Both will be Vanilla. One will be just after starting the game. The other will be developed as I play through the first part of the game/main story. I haven't decided if it'll be beneficial to have a save for a completed game or not. These saves will be available for download and used for mod testing.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have anything else to say or opinions to post about this compare?

I think it's pretty obvious that aMidianborn has taken the cake for STEP:Extended. If no one objects, I'll be approving this mod in the next couple of days and moving BoS back to Mod Suggestions.

I believe it is slated for STEP extended as a pack once 2.3 comes out though it is possible it might be in the 2.27 update, either way I doubt its in the guide now.

:)

EDIT: It is likely to be in the same place as "Beauty of Skyrim" currently is, it would need to be the last Cave texture mod.

Hi, thought I would try and contribute and have created the mod page for this mod. I was unable to add the baseline for this as the form just wouldn't let me and I'm not sure what would be baseline though 2K would be my recommendation as there is no discernible performance hit though that said 1K is the obvious baseline. I shall look into what else I can add but any feedback as to whether I have missed anything obvious or should leave well enough alone then please let me know.

Edit 1: Ok I thought from the instructions that if a page existed then it would show up when I tried to create it but it didn't so I figured it was still needing to be done - should have checked the existing list of mods. Oh well I gues I should just leave well enough alone.

Edit 2: This is because the first entry is misspelled Amidianborm which is why there are now two entries for this. Why am I not able to edit either Baseline or Recommendations?

What did you name it because I created the mod page when I did the thread maintenance (see OP). Could you provide a link? Baseline has already been set to 1K as per the current STEP recommendations. This may change for interiors; however, no discussion on changing it as taken place behind the scenes. There is a short note stating that users with at least 1GB of VRAM can use the 2K textures if they desire.

I named it Amidianborn Caves and it appears on the second column a few rows down in G. I agree with your baseline and recommendations except for your spelling of the mod name. I thought I would have a look at seeing how I could help, but did not realise the mod was already up.

Would this kind of help be useful, i.e. just adding mod pages for any accepted mods that don't yet have them?

P.S. Just remove mine or add your recommendations and baseline to mine and remove yours whichever you prefer, I'm cool. Just dipping my toe in the water as it were.

You did okay and the help is appreciated!

Only thing to remember is that the name of the mod should be the same as the author spells it. Amidianborn = aMidianBorn. I've corrected that on your page and deleted mine. Updated the OP link.

If you want, you can go into the pages I created for the Approved mods here and add in the galleries. I didn't have time to do that.