aMidianBorn Whiterun (by CaBaL)

EssArrBee

Dragonsreach, lots of rugs but it is a castle after all. Lots of wood too.

HRDLC->STEP (detailed rugs and SRO I believe)->AMB

ceiling

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wall by war room

Wall by wizard

Wood floor

window on second floor (part that looks over the main hall, visible windows for STEP pic)

rock floor in main hall I think

big rug

big rug

I have a few more, but I think that is enough. Missing a couple roofs in the city, maybe the inside of the shops/inn, and the trellis.

Cabals textures here look too "modern". Some of his choices in the brickwork and woodwork is something you'd expect to find in a more modern setting, not old world like Skyrim. Particularly the smoothness of the brick and tile here and there. Cabal's is nice; however, it's not true to the look and feel of Skyrim, imo.

Cabal's is the best for Dragonreach. Prefer SRO for the rest of whiterun.

+1

Cabals textures here look too "modern". Some of his choices in the brickwork and woodwork is something you'd expect to find in a more modern setting, not old world like Skyrim. Particularly the smoothness of the brick and tile here and there. Cabal's is nice; however, it's not true to the look and feel of Skyrim, imo.

I don´t like the brick work either, i prefer step. In the other hand wood work looks nice. A little dark but nicer.

The stone wall in the last serie is awful. They have the same size stone brick in the bottom and different ones in the upper level. But the worst thing are the corners: the textures in that place don´t match and they look artificial. The stone rows with STEP looks more natural.

Yeah, I have to agree about the stone walls. In that shot it looks kind of like stone-patterned wallpaper because the texture ends so suddenly at the edges. I also like the use of lighter-colored roofs and wood in STEP-- it provides a nice contrast and shows off the detailing in the woodwork. Some of that gets lost in the more monochromatic AMB.