aMidianBorn Whiterun (by CaBaL)

EssArrBee

Yeah, that is a good place, just make sure that it isn't being overwritten by anything else and you should be okay. If you are using PP Remastered then make sure you pick which ever parallax maps you think are best, though Cabal kinda designed his maps to work specifically for his textures, so that would be best to put his mods last.

I have it in the load order and activate it occasionally for some spice. But, I don't dig the color scheme, so it's not a permanent fixture in my game.

I would be interested to see if some specific textures could be integrated to the SRO, Skyrim HD and Serious HD SR pack.

I have it in the load order and activate it occasionally for some spice. But, I don't dig the color scheme, so it's not a permanent fixture in my game.

I would be interested to see if some specific textures could be integrated to the SRO, Skyrim HD and Serious HD SR pack.

I agree with you on some of the color choices Cabal used. I really love the way Jorrvaskr looks, especially with a good ENB during the sunrise/set, and that goes for all the wood work in that mod. The part that is a little off for me is the stone paths, they are a bit green for my liking. I just overwrote the ground stuff with SRO and it looks really good.

I am digging the amidianborn landscape for roads especially with an ENB. Totally have replaced the nice roads from SRO for me. Highly recommended.

I will try it out your way now, maybe I will like Cabal's Whiterun without the green roads and average grass.

• 2 months later...

A bit nitpicking imo. The parallax is mostly nicely done. There are the odd mistakes if you go looking for them.

Since parallax is a texture then the only potential conflict would be from mod priority order.

Also there are some slight parallax bugs even with ENB on... it is unavoidable since neither the games or ENB´s is 100% optimized to be working properly in all cases.

Since the textures are applied on a large number of meshes with different stretch amounts etc. Then it is almost impossible to make a parallax texture that will be 100% spot on for all cases. There will be the odd case of texture stretching etc.

If you are using the ELFX meshes then perhaps one of those are the cause.

If you are using Amidianborn then you should also be using his parallax textures, since his textures deviate from the vanilla ones that remastered is made to work with.

Since the textures are applied on a large number of meshes with different stretch amounts etc. Then it is almost impossible to make a parallax texture that will be 100% spot on for all cases. There will be the odd case of texture stretching etc.

If you are using the ELFX meshes then perhaps one of those are the cause.

If you are using Amidianborn then you should also be using his parallax textures, since his textures deviate from the vanilla ones that remastered is made to work with.

Yea, I am using his Parallax textures. I have installed this mod AFTER Project Parallax Remastered (SRO Version) so the Whiterun Parallax textures should be from his mod. I'm just surprised no one else has mentioned the texture stretching/warping so I figured it was something that I did wrong. I need to check if this mod overwrites anything from ELFX when I get home. I DON'T use ELFX Exteriors so I don't expect to find any conflicts. 

parallax here were created to work with first project parallax... i do not know if some values have been changed on meshes with pp remastered.

amb whiterun will be updated soon... but will not support parallax probably... is something i do not use...and good normal maps do the job pretty well... we'll see

just for curiosity i re-downladed SRO from torrent yesterday...first time i used it did not hit my attention...what i guess is the latest release...with dawnguard 1.6 something like and took a closer look to textures in whiterun folder....damn.... are vanilla textures... all of them :/

no offense for noone but it's not even modded material or retextures stuff....now i understand why is so close to vanilla "spirit"....same files... just bigger... not a single specular changed.

why mod is not on nexus anymore btw? if i understand correctly author asked money for vanilla maps?

forget i'm going to replace sro anyway ...we're talking about different things....in different languages...in a different universe ... in a different dimension :)

before any misunderstandment.... i'm not throwing **** on SRO...is a huge work and clearly author put some effort in it...also it's not a "competitor" basicallly other modders compete with me...and often i do not even realize it....(i compete just for beer or girls or dogs.... not for mods)

is just that i saw many users pulling away their hair because SRO is not available on nexus... and honestly i cannot see the reason.... to make an identical mod...u need photoshop and a photoshop action for sharpening and resize... and time...that's all

Brave words! Unfortunately for you words don't count ;)

I have downloaded your landscape and Whiterun textures, and that is very poor job. Only textures that are good are wood textures, which are pretty much the simplest textures to make. This is the same case with any other big texture mod - the simplest textures to make are one that look good.

Here is for example your "road01" texture:

Posted Image  

This is very strange road. I have a feeling that stones are floating like they aren't part of the land? Blending is very bad. Also texture lacks details, it's messy, etc. I have never seen this kind of road in my life, and i'm sure that you didn't also.

Here is my new "road01" texture. I still make and improve textures when i'm bored, but not for public.

Posted Image

This looks like a real road, very detailed road. And road stones should be more flat. It is a road after all!

It is not true that my textures are sharpened and resized. About 70% of SRO are my textures. But some vanilla textures can be improved, so why would i throw out this texture!? It doesn't make sense.

And I'm gonna tell you a little secret about many of my textures that look like vanilla, but they aren't vanilla at all. These are my textures that look 98-99% like vanilla, but much better and more detailed. Source for many Skyrim textures is CG Textures site - https://www.cgtextures.com/ I have found the same materials that Bethesda used for many textures, and i have used these materials to create almost the same textures.

Here is material for Whiterun wall "wrcitywall01", image 1 - https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=8440&PHPSESSID=aksdjofbfv1aqcp5poivli42s2            

Riften wall "riftenstonewall01", image 2 - https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=39648&PHPSESSID=aksdjofbfv1aqcp5poivli42s2

Riften wall "riftenstonewall02", image 1 - https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=40364&PHPSESSID=aksdjofbfv1aqcp5poivli42s2

Riften stone floor "riftenplazabrick02", image 2 - https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=31299&PHPSESSID=aksdjofbfv1aqcp5poivli42s2

Windhelm ground "whroughground", image 2 - https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=38581&PHPSESSID=aksdjofbfv1aqcp5poivli42s2

Solitude stone wall "sstonebase01", image 1 or 3 - https://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=26150&PHPSESSID=aksdjofbfv1aqcp5poivli42s2

These are some examples. 

Now, SRO was never finished, so some textures were never replaced with better, and some were supposed to be there just temporarily. And i don't make bad textures that can be created in 20 minutes.

Here is one latest example. This is my "telstairs01" texture for Dragonborn. It was created with about 80 layers!? Every mushroom is hand placed:

Posted Image

Here is final product - beautiful and very detailed texture. You can even see small details on mushrooms:

Posted Image

This is why SRO is the best texture pack, and why it takes time to make something good.

Btw, i have never asked for money. This has been discussed before.

And one more thing; there is no Oak trees in Skyrim, so remove those Oak leaves from "road01fallforest01" and "fallforestdirt01" textures. Put some Aspen leaves, or at least something similar.