aMidianBorn Whiterun (by CaBaL)

EssArrBee

Ess, could you post comparison shots from atop the stairs in Dragonsreach, overviewing the city? And another one overviewing the plains district? It's just that my game needs some shadow tweaking and it just wouldn't look right if I did it. Also, if you could, some shots where the Gildergreen is, comparing Whiterun Trellis Redesigned and AMB?

Yeah, I could do that. I don't think even tweak shadows when I test since they are still shots. I have one set of trellis shots already:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I think that HRDLC and AMB are pretty much the same here. I used to think it was the meshes that were bad, but I guess Cabal found a way to make the would on trellis not look so terrible.

Here's few I just did.

HRDLC->STEP->AMB

One indoor because

Dragonreach from the side

Gildegreen

Houses by the Crypt

Market

I like AMB for Dragonsreach, especially indoors. I like all the indoor stuff from AMB, really. Also, like Jorvaskr from AMB a lot, it looks really good around dawn. I wish we could get AMb Wood and Walls and stay with the rest of the stuff. The walls are okay, they look better coming up the entrance of Whiterun than they do in the city, but you notice them a little less in the city. I don't actually mind the tinier stones, easier to transport from lower ground.

The only textures I don't really like (like at all, and they irk me) are the walls and one of the interior shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other than that it's minor, but yeah if I could have my cake and eat it too I'd have CaBaL make a slightly more weathered wood variant.

I can tell it's been a while since I've done testing. Just pulled a rookie mistake by starting my compares with STEP:Extended instead of vanilla. Meaning all my saves will not load from the vanilla profile. :facepalm: Needless to say, you vanilla here but you can tell from the other compares before these that vanilla is just slightly less quality than STEP.

STEP  >>  AMB

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Lighting did not change here...just textures.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I can't believe I'm about to say this because I'm usually dissing Cabal's landscape mods, but this one has actually grown on me. I particularly like the interiors except for the stone floor in Dragonsreach. There is something funky going on there when you really look at it. I also don't mind the non-weathered wood on the interiors. If you think about it, the interior wood isn't going to be as weathered due to it not being exposed to the elements. As for the exterior textures, I think there are several textures that would have to be hidden (which I'm about to play around with). The Gildergreen Tree, the trellis and the stone walls to name a few. The roofs I'm 50/50 on. I don't dislike AMB roofs; however, that yellowish roof is sort of iconic to Whiterun; I'm torn.

I think I'll do some playing around with hiding textures and see what the result is.

As for my vote. I say this could be added if enough are into it. It's NOT Core though as there are a lot of stylistic choices in colors and textures. It would have to be placed in Extended. Though one could argue that the color change is only a slightly darker/lighter/enhanced vanilla coloring.

Can somebody tell me why the heck there is an aura around the fire in the amm.. what are they called? (English is not my native language!) Like the ones standing on either side of the bridge in the above picture.

EDIT: I meant this one.

Posted Image

As for my vote, I am completely sold on this mod. Sure, I don't love every single one of the textures but, overall, I really prefer it to current STEP.

Can somebody tell me why the heck there is an aura around the fire in the amm.. what are they called? (English is not my native language!) Like the ones standing on either side of the bridge in the above picture.

You talking about he one in the shot in from of the Hall of the Dead? That is caused by AA. I just haven't fixed it yet because I normally only notice it in screenshots.

EDIT:

Posted Image

Full Size:https://i.imgur.com/WvRGhi7.jpg

Oh, it's AA? Hmm, I thought it was bloom or soft particles. Haven't done much tweaking with ENBoost cause my PC can't handle a preset so I just use it for detailed shadows, parallax and obviously memory.

Btw, can somebody tell me the correct name of those?

English has adopted words from many languages and as a result often has multiple words for the same thing, often each with a slightly different meaning. I think you mean the metal stands that are holding fires, and they are called braziers.

We were talking about two different shots. lol. Updated my post above.

But the same thing. :)

Thanks, Kelm! I knew that damn it! I've been meaning to send you a PM for about a week with some questions about the optimized textures but all this testing has eaten up much of my gaming time lately.  :lol: