aMidianBorn Whiterun (by CaBaL)

EssArrBee

Starac, haven't seen you here for a while :)

Gentlemen, now, please be polite. Discuss, but don't flame - not saying you are, but just so that discussion doesn't go the wrong direction.

Anyway, Starac, seeing as you're still working on SRO, are you planning to release any updates/new versions? A lot of people still use your texture pack.

One can only hope that Starac is feeling kind enough to upload his work elsewhere, to give the people of the internet another chance...:yes:

Maybe you and Cabal can work together, eh? Seeing as you both know how to improve each others textures.

(Please don't kill me...)

startac... i did something...kinda all new textures... photos or not....may like or not... but are new... made from scratch...i remade normal maps.... you did an horrible tweak on vanilla textures... sharp filter+saturation :)

want me to post the HUUUUUUUUge gallery of vanilla textures resized?

you do not

lol....go to work... c'mon

...oh yeah...SRO released 12-11-2011 right?

it explain so much popularity undeserved

oh... and the day i'll need advices from people like you.... will mean that i'm nt able to open photoshop anymore

get ready... with landscape update (current is my first work on landscape) you wil be able to see what a TRUE retexturing project is.

why i have to fight each time in this forum with people unable to SEE real things?... delete my account

• +1 1

Cabal who do you have to fight with?

There are hundreds of members on this site if not thousands (no clue as to actual number) and pretty much all of them love your textures. If one or two members don't agree then who cares?

Not everyone here (hardly anyone probably) is a texture expert, but all forms of art are subjective and one person's masterpiece is another's eyesore. So people may not understand how to tell a genuine re-texture from a vanilla texture that has been tinkered with but they can not be blamed for choosing what they like and of course people here will compare mods and views because we are all keen on showing Skyrim at it's best whatever that may be. Certainly discussions here do not always reflect what is on everyone's personal game profile, but only what forms a good base and well most of your work is in STEP and SR.

Some members do have an unusual way with words that can make them sound, shall we say un-diplomatic, but however such people may think of themselves, no-one really knows them - on here we are all the sum of the things we do here and or on the Nexus, words we type and perhaps an avatar.

Unfortunately in life one bad word seems to have greater power than a thousand good ones. The SRO author has not posted on this site for a very, very long time, close to when he left the Nexus, so his view, to which he is welcome, is his view alone. I expect he took exception to what he perceived as an attack on his work by a respected mod author (yourself) who's opinions are taken seriously when it comes to textures. You did take care to point out that you meant no offence and that clearly lots of work had been done on SRO but it is still an opinion on his work (however qualified) that he is entitled to defend.

So I would guess that the vast majority of people like myself are very keen to see, download and use your textures as and when they arrive, you have a strong fan-base here and so one member's views should not distract you from that fact. At the moment SRO, however it was made, does greatly improve on vanilla textures without changing it too much which is the stated mandate of the STEP guide, but when something better is available and I'm sure there will be then SRO will cease to be the go to texture mod as it is outdated and no longer supported by the mod author, well not publicly at least, which is the same difference.

:)

startac... i did something...kinda all new textures... photos or not....may like or not... but are new... made from scratch...i remade normal maps.... you did an horrible tweak on vanilla textures... sharp filter+saturation :)

want me to post the HUUUUUUUUge gallery of vanilla textures resized?

you do not

lol....go to work... c'mon

...oh yeah...SRO released 12-11-2011 right?

it explain so much popularity undeserved

oh... and the day i'll need advices from people like you.... will mean that i'm nt able to open photoshop anymore

get ready... with landscape update (current is my first work on landscape) you wil be able to see what a TRUE retexturing project is.

why i have to fight each time in this forum with people unable to SEE real things?... delete my account

Re. the last sentence, I've taken care of that for you.

In addition, your comments tend to veer into denigrating other people far too often, and is not the attitude we need on this site.

I notice also that you dismissed STEP on your Nexus page as 'nitpicking nerds' that never actually do anything. I don't actually mind being called a nerd, but I might suggest that someone who spends his time designing textures for a fantasy role playing game might not want to chuck the word "nerd" around as an insult...

Concerning your personal argument I'll defer to Smile44s response.

However as a moderator I want to kindly ask both, Starac and Cabal, to refrain from ridiculing the other and stick to constructive criticism.

Both of you are renowned texture artists. There is much you could learn from another, if you weren't so eager on proving that the other's textures are rubbish.

Edit: Apparently this comment was superfluent after all.

Concerning your personal argument I'll defer to Smile44s response.

However as a moderator I want to kindly ask both, Starac and Cabal, to refrain from ridiculing the other and stick to constructive criticism.

Both of you are renowned texture artists. There is much you could learn from another, if you weren't so eager on proving that the other's textures are rubbish.

Agreed.  I mean no offense but you both fall into what I call the Arthmoor category; genious mod maker with poor customer service i.e."people skills".  If you two were not so selfish then starac would never have been banned from the nexus and two great texture artists could have collaborated to put bethesda to shame!

To be clear, I've applied a voluntary ban, because he demanded his account be deleted, and since we do not delete user accounts, that's the best we can do. The rest of his behaviour would not warrant a ban on its own. If he would like to request his account to be unlocked, and discuss his conduct going forward, that will be fine.

Thread locked for now.

• 6 months later...

Okay, we locked this thread many months ago when I got out of control and wasn't constructive. The mod has seen two or three updates since it was locked and I would like to open it up and test it properly with the newest latest version. I wasn't a huge fan of the original version, but the last couple updates improved the mod a lot. There are tons of textures in whiterun, so I'll probably have to do a couple posts.

HRDLC->STEP->AMB

dormant grass

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

city wall

inside city retaining wall

Stone path

Stairs (the ones going to the Skyforge)

SkyForge tile

Next post I'll do some Jorvaskr and Dragonsreach photos and I'll open up the thread for discussion. Since it has already been locked once, I'll be watching closely, so it doesn't turn into crap again.  :ninja:

HRDLC->STEP->AMB

jorvaskr (yes I don't care aobut speleing)

jorvaskr doors (no HRDLC, it got lost somewhere)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jorvaskr roof close up (no HRDLC)

Posted ImagePosted Image

jorvaskr rugs

same

ceiling of jorvaskr

close up of some house roof

Going to have to do Dragonsreach in another post. I think the post limit thing on the forums is 20, might be 25 but whateve's.