Pandora Behavior Engine+

ButchDiavolo

5 hours ago, Hydro said:

Sorry for the double post, I can't edit the older one.

As ButchDiavolo said, I ran Pandora, checked XPMSE patch for Pandora and Pandora Base options and ran it.

(No idea of what the Blink < Optional is, I didnt saw that).

It created output on the Pandora output folder, but when I run Pandora again, I see the same mods.

Yes sorry, as Greg said the Blink is a joke.

As for your question, I am not sure what you mean by "seeing the same mods". If you mean Pandora and XMPSE, that is correct. I have never seen any other mods appear in the Pandora UI, but I use a very limited number of animation mods. So I guess some could show up there?

When you re-run Pandora, it is wise to first clear the Pandora Output folder, basically the same as it is/was with FNIS. That way you can be sure no lingering oddities stay behind. Did you uninstall animation mods between running Pandora again? Perhaps those are the mods you are seeing? But as I said, I am not sure what you meant. Please give more details, so we can figure it out.

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Yes sorry, as Greg said the Blink is a joke.

As for your question, I am not sure what you mean by "seeing the same mods". If you mean Pandora and XMPSE, that is correct. I have never seen any other mods appear in the Pandora UI, but I use a very limited number of animation mods. So I guess some could show up there?

When you re-run Pandora, it is wise to first clear the Pandora Output folder, basically the same as it is/was with FNIS. That way you can be sure no lingering oddities stay behind. Did you uninstall animation mods between running Pandora again? Perhaps those are the mods you are seeing? But as I said, I am not sure what you meant. Please give more details, so we can figure it out.

No problem, is just sometimes is difficult to catch jokes if you are a non-native english speaker haha :)

About "seeing the same mods" I mean:

XPMSE Patch for Pandora, Pandora Base, Attack - MCO, Book of Shadows, Draugr, Trolls and Wolf (Distar Experience), Payload Interpreter, Flinching animations, SCAR, Sky Idles, Steeds_of_Ultima_VR, True directional movement (360 horse, procedural lear and headtracking).

I have much more mods installed, vanagard, goetia, leviathan, underdog, SL, etc etc. 

So, are you saying that no other mods will be shown on the Pandora UI? I'm just fine with XPMSSE and Pandora Base?

I didnt uninstalled nor reinstalled any mod. If you need more details just tell me please, thanks for the response :)

Edited by Hydro

IIRC, not all animation mods are configured by these animation tools like FNIS, Nemesis, and I assume Pandora. Only certain animation mods will be 'patched' ... I'm not sure which ones should and which should not though. I have little experience with such mods.

Also, when listing mods and such, please consider using the list tools. It makes it much easier to account for them:

1. mod1
  2. mod2
  3. mod3
  4. mod4

Can someone spell out what folder/files is needed to be moved for Vortex? The posts mentioning it for getting Pandora working in Vortex aren't clear on what exactly is needed. Where is this created, so I can find and move it? an "intermediate folder" is mentioned, but can someone tell me what that is?

For FNIS, it creates a 'FNIS Data' folder that Vortex activates automatically. Vortex has an extension for FNIS, though, which might be making this easier.

Can someone please help a Noob in modding out here?
So I've downloaded pandora; installed it via MO2; created an Output folder and was about to put the executable into MO2.... but there is no exe. 
So how in the hell am i supposed to start this thing? 

5 hours ago, Kudoxh said:

Can someone please help a Noob in modding out here?
So I've downloaded pandora; installed it via MO2; created an Output folder and was about to put the executable into MO2.... but there is no exe. 
So how in the hell am i supposed to start this thing? 

You either didn't download the release, or your AV quarantined the exe.

image.png

I came to Pandora because I was trying to combine Sexlab and Ostim Standalone in one build, And I did it and everything works fine, When I launched Pandora for the first time, she saw both Sexlab and Ostim and Devious Device 5.2, Pandora showed 40 thousand animations and the game started perfectly.

However, then something happened (I have no idea what exactly), but for some reason now, if Pandora shows more than 30 thousand animations (without any errors) then the game doesn't start, and Pandora stopped seeing Devious Device animations, I don't see Devious Device animations in
Pandora's box and they don't work in the game. I have reinstalled both Pandora and Devious Devices several times, I use MO2.

I tried to process everything using FNIS on the same assembly and he saw the DD animations, And the game started and the DD animations work fine, Although the Ostim Standalone animations do not work, which FNIS cannot process. What can I do to make Ostin see DD animations again?.... However, I do not know if the DD animations worked the time Pandora saw them, because then I did not check it.

Version 1.2.2-alpha deployed properly in Vortex, for anyone wondering. I didn't have to find a folder with output. Installed, added the exe to my Dashboard/Tools, checked the couple of patches that applied to me when I launched it, and the output went into the proper folders.

Works well, it seems, though I don't run many animation mods. I look forward to its development.

Hey y'all I have a question and also wanted to share my experience as I installed Pandora last night after being a longtime FNIS and Nemesis user and running them in Vortex, also getting creature animations to work with Nemesis, sort of.  I had trouble at first because I am used to FNIS and Nemesis creating their own folders and placing their .exe there, after following the install instructions I found the .exe in the data folder among the .esp(s). I ran it and it pulled up a list of animations some already had a tick mark, so I ticked the ones that were not and hit launch and surprisingly it ran in 246 seconds and after finishing it found something like 56,000 animations which was 20,000 more than Nemesis would show. Testing the game I found the animations would start/run a lot smoother than with FNIS or Nemesis including my player character idles.

Anyway that was my experience and now on to my question:  Do I need the FNIS creature pack still installed if using Pandora?

1 hour ago, riddlebox9000 said:

Hey y'all I have a question and also wanted to share my experience as I installed Pandora last night after being a longtime FNIS and Nemesis user and running them in Vortex, also getting creature animations to work with Nemesis, sort of.  I had trouble at first because I am used to FNIS and Nemesis creating their own folders and placing their .exe there, after following the install instructions I found the .exe in the data folder among the .esp(s). I ran it and it pulled up a list of animations some already had a tick mark, so I ticked the ones that were not and hit launch and surprisingly it ran in 246 seconds and after finishing it found something like 56,000 animations which was 20,000 more than Nemesis would show. Testing the game I found the animations would start/run a lot smoother than with FNIS or Nemesis including my player character idles.

Anyway that was my experience and now on to my question:  Do I need the FNIS creature pack still installed if using Pandora?

I would say yes, since I can't think of another mod that supports creature animation. But you can of course try running Pandora without it and see what, if any, difference that makes.

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Yesterday I wrote that my Pandora does not handle animations from  Devious Devices 5 2.

But today I continued the experiments and it turned out that everything is not so simple, it turned out that Pandora handles them, but not everything. I'm experimenting with armbinder. I was confused that when armbinder is dressed, he just hangs behind his back, and hands are free.

It looks like this
0.gif
From this, I concluded that animations do not work..

But today I continued the experiments and tried to get rid of the armbinder. And the animation started working...
It looks like this
00.gif

It turned out that some animations work, So, for example, if you run in the usual way, then your hands are free. And if you run "with a weapon", then they end up with an armbinder.

If I use only FNIS, then all animations work fine.

Edited by NeaBessy
error correction

Having a strange issue with Pandora, right now nothing is being written into the Pandora Output. 

Can't seem to post images right now

But I can confirm that within Modify Executables, I have ticked the box that says

"Create files in mod instead of overwrite(*)" -> Pandora Output

Do I need to set a Start In location like Nemesis? Or am I missing something else?

I registered here just to chime in, because I read all 3 pages of this thread 3 times and was still doing it wrong (I'm on Skyrim VR, BTW, and it seems to work just fine, so that's some bonus info).

Let me echo brandiuntz, with some further clarification.

1. You definitely CAN install it with Vortex. No need to put it in the actual game directory yourself.
  2. You do NOT need to extract the FNIS esp from the Pandora archive and install it separately (which I also tried). Dragging the whole archive down to the Drop Files window under Mods will do it. The mod will be installed and activated normally.
  3. IMPORTANT: This is what got me. The .exe you need to click (or add to your Vortex Dashboard) is NOT the one in the Vortex Mods/Skyrim folder. It's in the ACTUAL game Data directory, in my case, C:\Games\SteamLibrary2\SteamApps\common\SkyrimVR\Data

I hope this saves some folks from pulling their hair out!!! :D

Edited by Billkwando
  • +1 1

11 hours ago, NeaBessy said:

Yesterday I wrote that my Pandora does not handle animations from  Devious Devices 5 2.

But today I continued the experiments and it turned out that everything is not so simple, it turned out that Pandora handles them, but not everything. I'm experimenting with armbinder. I was confused that when armbinder is dressed, he just hangs behind his back, and hands are free.

It looks like this
0.gif
From this, I concluded that animations do not work..

But today I continued the experiments and tried to get rid of the armbinder. And the animation started working...
It looks like this
00.gif

It turned out that some animations work, So, for example, if you run in the usual way, then your hands are free. And if you run "with a weapon", then they end up with an armbinder.

If I use only FNIS, then all animations work fine.

Hmm, I do know a bit about SexLab, but the whole O-series of mods (Ostim, Obody etc), I know nothing about. So I have no clue how those mods set up animations etc.

It could well be that the DD (another mod I know nothing about) animations and assets aren't working as expected because you are trying to combine SL and Ostim. In other words, it may have nothing to do with Pandora. From a quick look at the O-series, it appears to be incompatble with SL? They are different frameworks under the hood. You could test this by disabling everything from the O-series and running Pandora again, to check if it works properly then. If it does, then it probably is a compatibility issue. But again, this is just a theory.

3 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

You could test this by disabling everything from the O-series and running Pandora again, to check if it works properly then. If it does, then it probably is a compatibility issue. But again, this is just a theory.

The result of the experiments is as follows:

1 FNIS - Sexlab, DD work, Ostim NG (outdated version)  is working,  Ostim Standalone is not working.....

2 NEMESIS - Ostim is working, part of the Sexlab, DD is not working ......

3 Pandora - Ostim and Sexlab are working very well. DD works partially

Edited by NeaBessy
addition