v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

26 minutes ago, TheAimlessMage said:

Found another instruction that doesn't match latest mod release. In the 05-Animation and Physics sections The XP32 Extended FOMOD instructions match the mod version 4.8.1 (located in the old files section of the mod)  but are no where close to the latest release of the XP32 (5.0.4) FOMOD where there are many more options and completely different menu option vs the 4.8.1 version.

Forum thread related to this mod.

In this case the closest approximation to the STEP recommendations would be the 'Basic' installation and afterwards hide / disable the esp.

Just now, CorneliusC said:

Forum thread related to this mod.

In this case the closest approximation to the STEP recommendations would be the 'Basic' installation and afterwards hide / disable the esp.

Thank you! since I installed the last version that matched the instructions should I go back and do as suggested or will I be okay using the older version?

1 minute ago, TheAimlessMage said:

Thank you! since I installed the last version that matched the instructions should I go back and do as suggested or will I be okay using the older version?

It would work in both cases (with the older versions matching the instructions), but i personally would prefer the updated versions.

1 minute ago, CorneliusC said:

It would work in both cases (with the older versions matching the instructions), but i personally would prefer the updated versions.

Sounds good, Thanks so much! I stopped after the XP32 install so I will delete and reinstall both mods I've posted about with the recommended actions. 

Hello again! random question. So I'm moving through the guide and I noticed that every mod I download I get these unfinished Meta data files being added to my recycle bin. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? Its only showing mods from the 06 section of guide but I had just deleted 46 some files of the same kind from all previous mods as well.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, TheAimlessMage said:

Hello again! random question. So I'm moving through the guide and I noticed that every mod I download I get these unfinished Meta data files being added to my recycle bin. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? Its only showing mods from the 06 section of guide but I had just deleted 46 some files of the same kind from all previous mods as well.

Capture.PNG

I would delete them, close MO, re-launch MO, and re-download them all. This is more likely to happen if you try to download lots of mods concurrently and don't have the 'premium' features that allow faster downloads and choosing CDN.

1 minute ago, z929669 said:

I would delete them, close MO, re-launch MO, and re-download them all. This is more likely to happen if you try to download lots of mods concurrently and don't have the 'premium' features that allow faster downloads and choosing CDN.

I have been Deleting them as I go, since I also have meta files in the downloads folder and Everything is populating just fine in MO2 itself, have restarted MO2 several times as well. I also do have Premium for the faster DLs

5 minutes ago, TheAimlessMage said:

I have been Deleting them as I go, since I also have meta files in the downloads folder and Everything is populating just fine in MO2 itself, have restarted MO2 several times as well. I also do have Premium for the faster DLs

Play with this stuff using a server that is closest to you. then close restart MO ... or your PC if that doesn't resolve it.

image.png

14 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Play with this stuff using a server that is closest to you. then close restart MO ... or your PC if that doesn't resolve it.

image.png

Well after messing around with those settings and doing a few PC restarts It still dumps a unfished meta file the instant that the file is done DLing the file, So weird though how there's and unfinished file when there's also a good file in the DL folder

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

1 hour ago, TheAimlessMage said:

Well after messing around with those settings and doing a few PC restarts It still dumps a unfished meta file the instant that the file is done DLing the file, So weird though how there's and unfinished file when there's also a good file in the DL folder

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Let's ask @GSDFan about this. He's our resident MO expert. See previous few posts.

Well I got everything up and running and the MCM's set up. Just a few questions/issues. First I'm having ALOT of shimmering on skin textures and couldn't find anything in the forum on it. I attached a screenshot but doesn't fully do it justice to how rough it looks in game. Second footprints is not working at all, started with the camping in the woods options and no footprints show in the snow, even after a game restart. All foot prints mods installed (footprint, footprint ENB, and SPID foot prints). Plugins have also been sorted with loot at all points directed in the guide. Also it is insanely dark inside. The picture again is brighter then the actual game? I cannot see a thing in game, everything is complete black except a very small area around light sources, and was wondering if this is by design or if there's a setting I messed up somewhere.

enb2023_8_31_08_22_22.jpg

enb2023_8_31_08_57_52.jpg

Edited by TheAimlessMage

6 hours ago, TheAimlessMage said:

Well I got everything up and running and the MCM's set up. Just a few questions/issues. First I'm having ALOT of shimmering on skin textures and couldn't find anything in the forum on it. I attached a screenshot but doesn't fully do it justice to how rough it looks in game. Second footprints is not working at all, started with the camping in the woods options and no footprints show in the snow, even after a game restart. All foot prints mods installed (footprint, footprint ENB, and SPID foot prints). Plugins have also been sorted with loot at all points directed in the guide. Also it is insanely dark inside. The picture again is brighter then the actual game? I cannot see a thing in game, everything is complete black except a very small area around light sources, and was wondering if this is by design or if there's a setting I messed up somewhere.

enb2023_8_31_08_22_22.jpg

enb2023_8_31_08_57_52.jpg

Set Interior Vision in the CW MCM to a lighter value. Also try toggling ENB off while in a dark interior if you are using it (Shift+F12). Also don't judge interior lighting from the Alternate Start cell, because that is not representative of most game interiors. Visit interiors in each of the major holds to get a feel. Also dungeons.

Footprints should be working without issue, so try re-downloading each of those mods and reinstalling per instructions in case something went wrong.

Test everything with a new game to be sure there's no glitch in your original save(s).

Shimmering skin textures is related to mods in Character Apperance ModGroup, so you may want to revisit those mods as well to ensure each is installed correctly and the original downloads were successful.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:50 PM, z929669 said:

Let's ask @GSDFan about this. He's our resident MO expert. See previous few posts.

Nothing to worry about, this is a normal windows process. If you ever downloaded something in a browser and it got interrupted, you can usually resume the download by clicking something to restart the download. Different programs use different names.

The xxx.unfinished.xxx is basically a holder for that operation.

Mod Organizer downloads the info from the nexus mods and when finished creates the meta file and deletes the temporary file.