v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

I am getting "white" rock cliffs at the base of the road coming from Windhelm and turning into Kynesgrove. I uploaded a picture  with the mesh identified.  It looks like it is rockcliff02.nif.  Is a texture missing? Screenshot11.thumb.png.89f2a3654c5ce961b4bfc02d782767dc.png

6 hours ago, jap2112 said:

I am getting "white" rock cliffs at the base of the road coming from Windhelm and turning into Kynesgrove. I uploaded a picture  with the mesh identified.  It looks like it is rockcliff02.nif.  Is a texture missing? Screenshot11.thumb.png.89f2a3654c5ce961b4bfc02d782767dc.png

First, did you follow the Step guide strictly?

Second, does the problem go away with DynDOLOD deactivated?

You can see what textures are involved by mousing over the textures entry in the upper left and clicking Shift (or possibly Ctrl). Then look for that texture in the Data tab of the MO right pane by typing the name of the texture and drilling down the folders.

Yes - the guide was followed strictly with no deviations.  The optional mods (CACO, etc.) were used.  The problem does not go away with DynDOLOD deactivated. I could not get the 'Shift" or "CTRL" to work to identify the texture, so I will see if I can isolate in another fashion. Interesting to note that with DynDOLOD deactivated, the next mod that touches this is Landscape and Water Fixes - so let me check that install. 

Screenshot12.png

18 minutes ago, jap2112 said:

Yes - the guide was followed strictly with no deviations.  The optional mods (CACO, etc.) were used.  The problem does not go away with DynDOLOD deactivated. I could not get the 'Shift" or "CTRL" to work to identify the texture, so I will see if I can isolate in another fashion. Interesting to note that with DynDOLOD deactivated, the next mod that touches this is Landscape and Water Fixes - so let me check that install. 

Screenshot12.png

Temp disable A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp. 

Disabling A clear Map of Skyrim.esp did not work. I read through the description and it appears the texture associated with it is LVolcanicTundraDirt01NoGrass. I am in the process of locating that now. 

Screenshot10.png

I located the item in SSEdit and this may help. When I installed Landscape ad Water Fixes, I used the current version, with at the time was version 8.6.  When reviewing the changelog of the mod, I noted the following in the Changelog for version 8.5 "Replaced many objects in cell 0000B560 KynesgroveExterior02 with their snowy counterparts to reflect the surrounding environment." This is the exact cell [CELL: 0000B560] which is referenced in the console. So perhaps that is causing the issue.

1 hour ago, jap2112 said:

Disabling A clear Map of Skyrim.esp did not work. I read through the description and it appears the texture associated with it is LVolcanicTundraDirt01NoGrass. I am in the process of locating that now. 

Screenshot10.png

LVolcanicTundraDirt01NoGrass seems more like the EditorID ... if you hover over " LVolcanicTundraDirt01NoGrass: [5] " in MIC, it should turn yellow on mouse hover and let you drill further using "shift". We're looking for the texture path information to search for it in the MO Data tab filter.

anything with a  ' [#] ' at the end should allow drilling with mouse/shift.

I am hoping this is the drill down you are looking for. I reviewed this particular texture in the CreationKit. It is viewable in both Landscape and Water Fixes.esp and Cathedral Landscapes.esp. The only difference is that Cathedral Landscapes.esp has Potential Grass associated with it but Landscape and Water Fixes.esp does not.  I reviewed it in the CreationKit because honestly I had difficulty locating it in SSEdit and the Data subdirectory in MO2.

Screenshot12.png

2 hours ago, jap2112 said:

I am hoping this is the drill down you are looking for. I reviewed this particular texture in the CreationKit. It is viewable in both Landscape and Water Fixes.esp and Cathedral Landscapes.esp. The only difference is that Cathedral Landscapes.esp has Potential Grass associated with it but Landscape and Water Fixes.esp does not.  I reviewed it in the CreationKit because honestly I had difficulty locating it in SSEdit and the Data subdirectory in MO2.

Screenshot12.png

The mesh should be RockCliff02.nif and should be provided by MM - More Accurate Collision.

The texture should be mountainslab01.dds.

Verify that you did not install parallax in SLaWF

Hello. Definitely gonna look dumb here but for the current Step Mod guide for SSE at the end there is a guide for doing DynDOLOD and TexGen but the images are missing for the settings. Normally I would just leave it default but by doing that I believe it affected the grass as I believe it isn't populating in game and also some textures(meshes? idk) I think are missing from the game entirely resulting in some (not all) shrubs having this weird purple/pink hue to them, basically my Skyrim right now looks like a Dr. Seuss novel. I was wondering if there was another guide for this with loaded images. They're located at the end of the SkyrimSE:2.3 Step Mods guide in the DYNOLOD section. 

28 minutes ago, Ikuruga said:

Hello. Definitely gonna look dumb here but for the current Step Mod guide for SSE at the end there is a guide for doing DynDOLOD and TexGen but the images are missing for the settings. Normally I would just leave it default but by doing that I believe it affected the grass as I believe it isn't populating in game and also some textures(meshes? idk) I think are missing from the game entirely resulting in some (not all) shrubs having this weird purple/pink hue to them, basically my Skyrim right now looks like a Dr. Seuss novel. I was wondering if there was another guide for this with loaded images. They're located at the end of the SkyrimSE:2.3 Step Mods guide in the DYNOLOD section. 

Guide version 2.3 is still work in progress. Use the settings in guide version 2.2.0 (that is what i do)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Guide version 2.3 is still work in progress. Use the settings in guide version 2.2.0 (that is what i do)

I'm embarrassed I didn't even consider doing that. Thanks. 

I did a separate install of SLaWF just so I could compare it to the first. It appears that I originally installed the CACO patch esp and the Ellven armor patch esp, so it is certainly possible that I accidentally checked the parallax box as well. I will re-install this mod properly and see what happens.  I will check without DynDOLOD on, but if it works I am guessing I may have to run this again if parallax was installed.

5 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

5 hours ago, Ikuruga said:

I'm embarrassed I didn't even consider doing that. Thanks. 

The top of the current and development guides clearly state the context of each.

image.png

image.png

Also, the 2.3 dev guide isn't linked from any source we maintain, so I'm interested in learning how you stumbled into the dev guide.