DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Hi,

I'm using Alpha95 and I noticed when running DynDOLOD it showed probably a hundred lines of this in the output window;

[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:080592E7] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -2,-131) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:08059359] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -2,-130) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:0805935A] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -2,-129) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:08059394] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -1,-131) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:08059395] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -1,-130) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>

Is this 'Out of Range' normal when using Worldspace Transition Tweaks?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

7 hours ago, mooit said:

Hi,

I'm using Alpha95 and I noticed when running DynDOLOD it showed probably a hundred lines of this in the output window;

[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:080592E7] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -2,-131) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:08059359] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -2,-130) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:0805935A] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -2,-129) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:08059394] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -1,-131) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>
[44:37] <Note: Cell [CELL:08059395] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at -1,-130) added by Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp out of range>

Is this 'Out of Range' normal when using Worldspace Transition Tweaks?

THANKS

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

As explained on the first post, always use the latest alpha version.

The TVDT Occlusion data can only cover cells from -128 to 127. The message is expected in case cells are purposefully added outside that area.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-culling-data/?do=findComment&comment=247329

• +1 1

I recently came back to modding and the latest DynDOLODx64 staight up crash my computer. Windows 10 simply flashed to back during generation. And there were no logs for the moment it shut down. The only thing I know is that it shuts down after LODs for all world space were generated. The last updated log was LODGen_SSE_JaphetsFollyWorld_log.txt, as I turned off blackreach. I use the exact HD/QHD settings found here. My graphics driver is the latest. Older versions as late as 15 April didn't crash. What else shall I provide?

Edit: The latest logs with only Tamriel worldspace:DynDOLOD.7z

Edited by FiveLimbedCat

9 minutes ago, FiveLimbedCat said:

I recently came back to modding and the latest DynDOLODx64 staight up crash my computer. Windows 10 simply flashed to back during generation. And there were no logs for the moment it shut down. The only thing I know is that it shuts down after LODs for all world space were generated. The last updated log was LODGen_SSE_JaphetsFollyWorld_log.txt, as I turned off blackreach. I use the exact HD/QHD settings found here. My graphics driver is the latest. Older versions as late as 15 April didn't crash. What else shall I provide?

The computer crashing or BSOD is a hardware, cooling, PSU, RAM, BIOS settings, overclocking, OS, driver problem.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The computer crashing or BSOD is a hardware, cooling, PSU, RAM, BIOS settings, overclocking, OS, driver problem.

Yes, but it consistently crashes during Occlusion generation (I unchecked it and it didn't crash). And, as I said, an older version worked just fine, so there must be some changes that made it more volatile, even if my pc setting is the culprit. I'll continue to play without occlusion, but you guys may want to look into it.

Edited by FiveLimbedCat

45 minutes ago, FiveLimbedCat said:

Yes, but it consistently crashes during Occlusion generation (I unchecked it and it didn't crash). And, as I said, an older version worked just fine, so there must be some changes that made it more volatile, even if my pc setting is the culprit. I'll continue to play without occlusion, but you guys may want to look into it.

We can not look into hardware etc. problems with your PC. The actual occlusion calculation did not change in years. There are no similar reports.

Maybe you are not properly identifying the problem. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data and https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "High memory usage / Out of memory"

It is the job of the OS to handle hardware resources and a simple program like xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD can not crash the PC/OS unless the PC/OS have issues.

20 hours ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Understood thank you for the help!

What version of Windows do you use? Run winver with WindowsKey + R

Install latest version of Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist
Check Control Panel / Program Features and remove potential conflicting/older versions for those years just to be sure.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

What version of Windows do you use? Run winver with WindowsKey + R

Install latest version of Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist
Check Control Panel / Program Features and remove potential conflicting/older versions for those years just to be sure.

My Windows version is Windows 10 21H2 (Build 19944.2130). Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 were already installed on my computer before hand. I did go ahead an remove the older versions just now. Do you want me to test with the default script that comes in DynDOLOD Resources or did you have another one for me to test?

20 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

My Windows version is Windows 10 21H2 (Build 19944.2130). Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 were already installed on my computer before hand. I did go ahead an remove the older versions just now. Do you want me to test with the default script that comes in DynDOLOD Resources or did you have another one for me to test?

Since nothing is wrong with the script you can just test with the normal version from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

Since nothing is wrong with the script you can just test with the normal version from DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Okay tested again after removing the older Visual Studios and no change still getting the same stutter.... So question for you then. Should I just go ahead and keep using the 991 B script that you gave me yesterday that gave me no stutter?

15 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Okay tested again after removing the older Visual Studios and no change still getting the same stutter.... So question for you then. Should I just go ahead and keep using the 991 B script that you gave me yesterday that gave me no stutter?

The test scripts were to determine what code might cause the problem. It is not a working script, which means dynamic LOD for large references will not working correctly.

This is the content of the last test script to cause stutter:

Scriptname SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper extends ObjectReference
Event OnUnLoad()
	debug.trace(self + " onunload")
endEvent

And it is not the line debug.trace(self + " onunload") what causes the stutter, it is just there to make sure the event is actually fired as an empty event will be optimized away.

There is nothing that could be fixed in the script to fix the problem with your setup.

Test what happens with the attached EngineFixes.toml.

EngineFixes.toml

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

The test scripts were to determine what code might cause the problem. It is not a working script, which means dynamic LOD for large references will not working correctly.

This is the content of the last test script to cause stutter:

Scriptname SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper extends ObjectReference
Event OnUnLoad()
	debug.trace(self + " onunload")
endEvent

And it is not the line debug.trace(self + " onunload") what causes the stutter, it is just there to make sure the event is actually fired as an empty event will be optimized away.

Test what happens with the attached EngineFixes.toml.

EngineFixes.toml 6.63 kB · 0 downloads

I tried using that file on both my test profile and my main mod profile and I am still getting stutters, however its not exactly in the same place and the stuttering is less constant (by maybe a second or two definitely still very much constant) and the intensity of the stutters increased greatly with that file.

I also tested this on my wife's computer because this does seem very much like just a 'me' issue even though I am basically running Skyrim vanilla with this test. When I am on her computer I do the exact same test run with the same mods on my computer and I also get the stutter in the exact same place.  I also wanted to mention my Skyrim version is 1.5.97. I have tried with the latest version and also received the same stutter as well.

1 minute ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I tried using that file on both my test profile and my main mod profile and I am still getting stutters, however its not exactly in the same place and the stuttering is less constant (by maybe a second or two definitely still very much constant) and the intensity of the stutters increased greatly with that file.

I also tested this on my wife's computer because this does seem very much like just a 'me' issue even though I am basically running Skyrim vanilla with this test. When I am on her computer I do the exact same test run with the same mods on my computer and I also get the stutter in the exact same place.  I also wanted to mention my Skyrim version is 1.5.97. I have tried with the latest version and also received the same stutter as well.

Find out what outside of the game exe version, SSE Engine Fixes and DynDOLOD is the same between the two computers for the minimal setup. At some point you should test with with the vanilla 1.5.97 plugins, too. However, thousands use best of both worlds with CC and 1.5.97 without issue, still at some we have to rule out everything else.

See what happens if you set fTreeLoadDistance in SkyrimPrefs.INI to zero in addition to the toml files from the other post.

If that does not change anything test what happens with the attached toml.

EngineFixes.toml