DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

On 8/24/2022 at 10:18 AM, Althamiere said:

so i just got error from generating TexGen for Dyndolod1613058789_Screenshot2022-08-24154932.thumb.png.81b84759255f047093cb8acd4858dbd5.png

i dont know what happen and probably someone here could help me. im really grateful for that

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Upload the log and debug log as explained on the first post. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
Do not post screenshots of messages, use the "Copy message to clipboard" and post the text as explained in the first post. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link to open the help page https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

The error message was "Error: File not found textures\effects\fxwatertile06_n.dds"

The mentioned texture is missing. It is expected to be installed with the mod Water for ENB. make sure to properly install the mod and all its requirements.

8 hours ago, Althamiere said:

i clicked in the link but it shows nothing sir. The problem is i dont know how to solve this sir, ikr it might my water mod but idk how to solve it sir

If nothing happens clicking on that link, check the messages log for error messages and as already explained, upload the log and debug log which are saved after closing the program. Make sure the default web browser is properly setup in the OS.

Hello, everyone. First time posting here so please forgive me if I do something stupid. I am new to modded skyrim and I am recently learning/playing around with DynDOLOD.

Very good tool, but I notice a minor bug with it: I had a save inside the player home "Tundra Homestead", and updated my DynDOLOD_output as I was fine-tunning my visual settings. After I loaded my save, I exited the player home and the game immediately triggered an event where a courier had a forced conversation with my character (for the quest "Pieces of the Past"). It seems like this forced conversation broke the in-game initialisation of DynDOLOD as trying to load any save that was saved after that forced conversation caused CTD.

I fix the problem by loading an eariler save where I am not in my player home (in whiterun) and initialise DynDOLOD before the force conversation. If I then trigger the same in-game event in the overworld I think it no longer causes CTD for loading saves, therefore I think it may be a bug that causes save disruption when having a forced conversation before initialising DynDOLOD in-game.

I am sorry for not able to run any diagnostic tool to see what is wrong with the corrupted saves, I am using DynDOLOD DLL SE plugin 2.45, DynDOLOD DLL SE Scripts 2.82.3, DynDOLOAD resources se Alpha-29 and DynDOLOAD 3 Alpha-104. Also I am using Alternate Conversation Camera 2.4.5-AE which may have something to do with it.

I did a quick search and saw no similar report, apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

Edited by mineva123123

6 hours ago, mineva123123 said:

Hello, everyone. First time posting here so please forgive me if I do something stupid. I am new to modded skyrim and I am recently learning/playing around with DynDOLOD.

Very good tool, but I notice a minor bug with it: I had a save inside the player home "Tundra Homestead", and updated my DynDOLOD_output as I was fine-tunning my visual settings. After I loaded my save, I exited the player home and the game immediately triggered an event where a courier had a forced conversation with my character (for the quest "Pieces of the Past"). It seems like this forced conversation broke the in-game initialisation of DynDOLOD as trying to load any save that was saved after that forced conversation caused CTD.

I fix the problem by loading an eariler save where I am not in my player home (in whiterun) and initialise DynDOLOD before the force conversation. If I then trigger the same in-game event in the overworld I think it no longer causes CTD for loading saves, therefore I think it may be a bug that causes save disruption when having a forced conversation before initialising DynDOLOD in-game.

I am sorry for not able to run any diagnostic tool to see what is wrong with the corrupted saves, I am using DynDOLOD DLL SE plugin 2.45, DynDOLOD DLL SE Scripts 2.82.3, DynDOLOAD resources se Alpha-29 and DynDOLOAD 3 Alpha-104. Also I am using Alternate Conversation Camera 2.4.5-AE which may have something to do with it.

I did a quick search and saw no similar report, apologies in advance if this has already been brought up.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Why do you believe the CTD has something to do with the DynDOLOD output? Does it not happen without the DynDOLOD output installed?
Whatever the DynDOLOD initialization does has nothing to do with or does not interfere with anything else or vice versa.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "ILS or CTD" and DynDOLOD-README.txt.
Start with installing .NET Script Framework or Crash Logger depending on the runtime version and check the crash log or upload it if further help is needed.

Hey sheson, I have a question for you...I've been noticing lately that after generating lod, when I fast travel somewhere the lod blinks once when I arrive at my destination but doesn't give me any trouble again after that as I'm just walking/running around.  I was just wondering if fast traveling had the effect of making the player "outrun," if you will, the lods loading up?  I do have quite an extensive mod list and quite a few custom mesh rules that I use plus I also generate lods at uhd resolution, so maybe it has to do with resource utilization?  I'm using the latest alpha and resources with the large reference bug workaround enabled, by the way.  Thanks in advance for any insight.

1 hour ago, MisterMorden said:

Hey sheson, I have a question for you...I've been noticing lately that after generating lod, when I fast travel somewhere the lod blinks once when I arrive at my destination but doesn't give me any trouble again after that as I'm just walking/running around.  I was just wondering if fast traveling had the effect of making the player "outrun," if you will, the lods loading up?  I do have quite an extensive mod list and quite a few custom mesh rules that I use plus I also generate lods at uhd resolution, so maybe it has to do with resource utilization?  I'm using the latest alpha and resources with the large reference bug workaround enabled, by the way.  Thanks in advance for any insight.

Do you have low FPS < 60? Script lag?

Same with DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL Scripts 3?

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do you have low FPS < 60? Script lag?

Same with DynDOLOD DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL Scripts 3?

I'll get my logs up when I get home, as usual I ran out this AM in a hurry.  I'd say my avg fps is around 40-45 ish.  I had a tool to measure script lag but I haven't used it recently...I'll try it again and see what it says this evening.  I only used the dll and the new scripts for the Large Ref bug workaround, I hadn't tried it with the latest pre-workaround version.

Edited by MisterMorden

On 11/5/2022 at 8:10 AM, sheson said:

Everything looks fine in those logs.

Lets test a potential workaround. Test DynDOLOD.esm with 938kB first. I expect it to not change anything about the issue. It is to verify the vanilla setup I have works on your setup and has no effect on the issue.

Then test if there is any difference with the DynDOLOD.esm that has 887kB.

DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD.esm

Hi Sheson I attempted more troubleshooting over the weekend and unfortunately did not make any more progress. I did go ahead and ran DynDOLOD without dynamic LOD and like you said this does not cause me to stutter. I know I have taken up a lot of your time and I am very grateful for that and if you have any more ideas or thoughts on what more I could do I would gladly keep troubleshooting. If not I understand and will just use my dynamic-less DynDOLOD for right now. I am planning on building a new computer here soon (just waiting on my 13900k and 4090) and will test again on my new computer. I have doubts that it will fix it since I am able to replicate the issue on my wife's computer, but I remain hopeful that it might fix my issue.

41 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Hi Sheson I attempted more troubleshooting over the weekend and unfortunately did not make any more progress. I did go ahead and ran DynDOLOD without dynamic LOD and like you said this does not cause me to stutter. I know I have taken up a lot of your time and I am very grateful for that and if you have any more ideas or thoughts on what more I could do I would gladly keep troubleshooting. If not I understand and will just use my dynamic-less DynDOLOD for right now. I am planning on building a new computer here soon (just waiting on my 13900k and 4090) and will test again on my new computer. I have doubts that it will fix it since I am able to replicate the issue on my wife's computer, but I remain hopeful that it might fix my issue.

I spent quite some time trying to replicate the issue but no luck so far.

Let me know what happens with this engine fixes toml and the minimal load order.

Also, test with default low/ultra Skyrim and SkyrimPrefs INIs, without custom INI etc. really need to rule out as much as possible.

EngineFixes.toml

43 minutes ago, sheson said:

I spent quite some time trying to replicate the issue but no luck so far.

Let me know what happens with this engine fixes toml and the minimal load order.

Also, test with default low/ultra Skyrim and SkyrimPrefs INIs, without custom INI etc. really need to rule out as much as possible.

EngineFixes.toml 6.63 kB · 0 downloads

I tried the provided .toml and this one also just delays the stutter for me where its right outside of Riften.

I also tested with the default .ini files without the custom .ini over the weekend and there was no change with that either. I tried without using BethINI just straight from the launcher and still stuttered. I had completely reinstalled Skyrim and also moved it to another SSD just as a test and unfortunately I received the same results.

Ok, here's my logs (no bugreport generated):

https://ufile.io/f/m99wg

Using elephant's script latency tester, I always hover between 70 to 100-ish when just running around not in combat (go up to 125-150 in heavy combat)

Ps. same effect using dyndolod.dll + it's scripts 3 or papyrusutil + it's scripts 3

Edited by MisterMorden

Okay, so the lanterns are coming from Destructible Skyrim - Base Object Swapper  and I mentioned it on a bug report for that mod.  Is this something the mod other needs to address or something that needs to be addressed in DynDOLOD?

I read through the Base Object Swapper section on the dyndolod.info site but don't really understand what is written there. 

I have attached my log file for objects. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Ok, here's my logs (no bugreport generated):

https://ufile.io/f/m99wg

Using elephant's script latency tester, I always hover between 70 to 100-ish when just running around not in combat (go up to 125-150 in heavy combat)

Ps. same effect using dyndolod.dll + it's scripts 3 or papyrusutil + it's scripts 3

Out oft curiosity, could you ceck if https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779
and its max operations per tasks makes a difference?

The scripts try to do something in parallel, but it is possible in some situations it might be better do just do things sequentially.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aegison said:

Okay, so the lanterns are coming from Destructible Skyrim - Base Object Swapper  and I mentioned it on a bug report for that mod.  Is this something the mod other needs to address or something that needs to be addressed in DynDOLOD?

I read through the Base Object Swapper section on the dyndolod.info site but don't really understand what is written there. 

I have attached my log file for objects. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z 167.86 kB · 0 downloads

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Also post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:45 AM, sheson said:

Why do you believe the CTD has something to do with the DynDOLOD output? Does it not happen without the DynDOLOD output installed?
Whatever the DynDOLOD initialization does has nothing to do with or does not interfere with anything else or vice versa.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "ILS or CTD" and DynDOLOD-README.txt.
Start with installing .NET Script Framework or Crash Logger depending on the runtime version and check the crash log or upload it if further help is needed.

Thanks for the link, I think I eventually narrow down the problem to not making a clean save before updating (weird that I never ran into this CTD problem before for just deleting old DynDOLOD output and replacing a new one). Thanks again for the reply!

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Out oft curiosity, could you ceck if https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779
and its max operations per tasks makes a difference?

The scripts try to do something in parallel, but it is possible in some situations it might be better do just do things sequentially.

Just downloaded this and tried it at default settings and it seems to have helped quite a bit.  I still get a tiny blink when coming out of Windhelm, for example, but I don't seem to get the issue much/at all when fast traveling to an outdoor location.