DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

On 11/5/2022 at 3:48 PM, sheson said:

The log shows "Loaded 2103 base record swaps."

Provide information which references/base records swaps (form ids/editor IDs) do not have matching LOD updated. LOD assets for the swapped version are required of course.
Name and link the mod(s) or provide the swap INI / plugin.

Upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

This is the log and one of the swap files I use:

There are two mods that are not working and both have included LOD files:

With Unique Towns, the mod includes an alternative to BOS to swap the houses using a plugin, running Dyndolod with that plugin will generate the LOD correctly, but with only the SWAP file, the LOD doesn't change.

Edited by Edryu

1 hour ago, mutz said:

This error randomly appears, sometimes I turn settings off and it doesn't appear (fake lights) and then sometimes with those same settings on it happens again. Where do I even begin find out a fix?

unknown_2022.11.08-17.29.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 726 kB · 0 downloads

As everyone is told, because for some reason they can't see the really obvious link in that error message :huh: ...

Click the link in the error message that cryptically states "click on this link for additional explanation and help for this message"

@sheson Perhaps: ">>>CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTIONS TO FIXING THIS ERROR<<<" ... and make a big red button PNG, like Wren & Stimpy.

8 hours ago, mutz said:

This error randomly appears, sometimes I turn settings off and it doesn't appear (fake lights) and then sometimes with those same settings on it happens again. Where do I even begin find out a fix?

unknown_2022.11.08-17.29.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 726 kB · 1 download

Read the first post which which debug log and bugreport.txt to also upload when making post.

As explained on the first post, do not post screenshots of messages, instead use the "Copy message to clipboard" and post the text instead.

Search this forum for similar posts with the same error as explained on the first post. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=opengl invalid operation&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=17510

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message". Does it not say to make a report on the the official support forum?

There were no problems running TexGen? Optional AMD drivers seem to still have issues. Use a recommended driver version like 22.5.1

On 11/5/2022 at 11:21 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"
Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If the problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD plugins went wrong. Follow the instructions how to update DynDOLOD.
Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true for mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to the official DynDOLOD support forum in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with open console / form id) to show the issues if possible. If the reference is added by a DynDOLOD plugin, follow the "pluginname_formid" information found in the Editor ID of the reference to find the plugin from which this reference originates. Also see How to ignore all references of a child worldspace for copying to parent worldspace and LOD.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots
If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format pluginname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

The screenshot shows the pluginname_formid is hf_lakeview_avantgarden_exesp_029999

Looking up the reference in xx0029999 in HF_Lakeview_AvantGarden_EX.esp shows it uses a STAT base record type and Clutter\GlazedCandlesStatic02.nif, while the screenshot shows MSTT base record type and GlazedCandlesStatic02_havok.nif, so it looks like got replaced by something. The reference in the DynDOLOD plugin should have the same position as the original reference, unless maybe if base object swapper is involved. As requested before, provide log and debug log and any information about what mod(s) you are using that changes those lanterns to MSTT / *_havok.nif.

Sorry - been flat out here and going away for 4 weeks as of tonight - suspect it is Destructible Skyrim - Base Object Swapper www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77568 - I have identified 9 mods so far that are showing as being the pluginname_formID - including JKSkyrim, ryn's standing stones etc. I installed that 29th October but didn't see any of this until I re-ran Dyndolod - as it wasn't installed for the previous run.

18 hours ago, Aegison said:

Have you tested if it happens with a new game, as suggested by the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ answers for "Out of place or floating objects"?

Edit: Replace the script\SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex from DynDOLOD Resources SE with the one attached. In case you have an existing save game, make a clean save, just deactivate/activate the same DynDOLOD output. Let us know how it works out.

SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex

17 hours ago, Edryu said:

This is the log and one of the swap files I use:

There are two mods that are not working and both have included LOD files:

With Unique Towns, the mod includes an alternative to BOS to swap the houses using a plugin, running Dyndolod with that plugin will generate the LOD correctly, but with only the SWAP file, the LOD doesn't change.

These are two different issues for the two mods, which will be fixed with the next version.

In case of Unqiue Towns it is because the form IDs are not of the form 0x123456 but just 123456. Next version will support both.
In case of Simplicity of Settlements it is because swap is set for a parent location of the location defined by the cell records. Next version will apply LOD swaps for all child locations as well.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

These are two different issues for the two mods, which will be fixed with the next version.

In case of Unqiue Towns it is because the form IDs are not of the form 0x123456 but just 123456. Next version will support both.
In case of Simplicity of Settlements it is because swap is set for a parent location of the location defined by the cell records. Next version will apply LOD swaps for all child locations as well.

Thanks for your help with my issue. I will wait for the next version to check this again.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which which debug log and bugreport.txt to also upload when making post.

As explained on the first post, do not post screenshots of messages, instead use the "Copy message to clipboard" and post the text instead.

Search this forum for similar posts with the same error as explained on the first post. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=opengl invalid operation&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=17510

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message". Does it not say to make a report on the the official support forum?

There were no problems running TexGen? Optional AMD drivers seem to still have issues. Use a recommended driver version like 22.5.1

Thanks for the reply, I rolled back to 22.5.1 drivers and dyndolod succesfully completed. But when I loaded into the game  there were no visible trees at a distance, and the full models would only pop in when I got pretty close to them. Also dragonsreach in whiterun only had visible windows, the rest of it was invisible when looking at it when outside of whiterun. Attached is the debug log.

https://ufile.io/es8f73fr

14 minutes ago, mutz said:

Thanks for the reply, I rolled back to 22.5.1 drivers and dyndolod succesfully completed. But when I loaded into the game  there were no visible trees at a distance, and the full models would only pop in when I got pretty close to them. Also dragonsreach in whiterun only had visible windows, the rest of it was invisible when looking at it when outside of whiterun. Attached is the debug log.

https://ufile.io/es8f73fr

Read the first post which normal log to upload as well.

Do not close DynDOLOD while it is saving plugins / generating the zip file. Let it do its work and close by itself.

Install the generated output as a mod. Make sure the mods and plugins are enabled and none of the files are being overwritten by other mods.

Increase the tree/object LOD distance.

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Programs Files x86 to avoid issue with UAC, permissions, antivir etc.

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which normal log to upload as well.

Install the generated output as a mod. Make sure the plugins are enabled and none of the files are being overwritten by other mods.

Increase the tree/object LOD distance.

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Programs Files x86 to avoid issue with UAC, permissions, antivir etc.

I tried increasing object + tree lod distance and nothing changed, and I did install it as a mod. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Have you tested if it happens with a new game, as suggested by the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ answers for "Out of place or floating objects"?

Edit: Replace the script\SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex from DynDOLOD Resources SE with the one attached. In case you have an existing save game, make a clean save, just deactivate/activate the same DynDOLOD output. Let us know how it works out.

SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex 14.37 kB · 0 downloads

Just woke up here.  I will give this a test tonight after work.

Also, I did notice these lanterns on a new game.

EDIT:  I ran Dyndolod with the script and attached the logs.  The debug log was 131mb though so I didn't include that.  If you want it I can up it on mega later.

I haven't tested it in game yet but I will later.

Logs.7z

Edited by Aegison