DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Find out what outside of the game exe version, SSE Engine Fixes and DynDOLOD is the same between the two computers for the minimal setup. At some point you should test with with the vanilla 1.5.97 plugins, too. However, thousands use best of both worlds with CC and 1.5.97 without issue, still at some we have to rule out everything else.

See what happens if you set fTreeLoadDistance in SkyrimPrefs.INI to zero in addition to the toml files from the other post.

If that does not change anything test what happens with the attached toml.

EngineFixes.toml 6.63 kB · 0 downloads

I tried setting fTreeLoadDistance = 0 and using the previous .toml from your other post and I get the same stutter as I was previously. I then used the new .toml and was unable to complete my test runs as I would get crashes a few seconds after loading into game. I tried to coc to other areas as well just to test and would still crash.

3 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I tried setting fTreeLoadDistance = 0 and using the previous .toml from your other post and I get the same stutter as I was previously. I then used the new .toml and was unable to complete my test runs as I would get crashes a few seconds after loading into game. I tried to coc to other areas as well just to test and would still crash.

It crashes with the minimal setup with only the vanilla plugins and DynDOLOD.esm?

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

It crashes with just the vanilla game? No DynDOLOD.esm, too? What's in meshes/interfaces?

Enable the .Net Framework for a crash log.

Yes I unchecked DynDOLOD.esm from the plugins tab and still crashed just now. I enabled .Net Framework like you mentioned and crashed, but it did not give me a crash log? SSE Engine Fixes is still enabled as well.  I attached a picture of it in the Data tab. Also nothing in the Meshes and Interface folder its empty.

Crash.PNG

51 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Yes I unchecked DynDOLOD.esm from the plugins tab and still crashed just now. I enabled .Net Framework like you mentioned and crashed, but it did not give me a crash log? SSE Engine Fixes is still enabled as well.  I attached a picture of it in the Data tab. Also nothing in the Meshes and Interface folder its empty.

I see. Let me know what happens with these two toml files then.

I made the second file artificially larger to differentiate between them in case something happens to be different.

EngineFixes.toml EngineFixes.toml

42 minutes ago, sheson said:

I see. Let me know what happens with these two toml files then.

I made the second file artificially larger to differentiate between them in case something happens to be different.

EngineFixes.toml 6.63 kB · 0 downloads EngineFixes.toml 9.65 kB · 0 downloads

I tried the first file 6.63 kB .toml with DynDOLOD.esm disabled to make sure I didn't crash and I did not. I then ran again with DynDOLOD.esm enabled and did not crash. It also seemed like the stutter was fixed because I did not stutter where I normally did which is around Fort Amol / Darkwater Crossing area. I made it almost all the way to Riften and then the exact same stutter kicked in. Gradual at first but if you keep walking it just grows in intensity. I continued my test to Windhelm to see if the stutter would stop and it did not. So this file just seemed to delay the stutter for me.

Next I tried the 9.65 kB .toml the same way. I did not crash with DynDOLOD.esm disabled, but when I enable it I crash as soon as the loading screen starts. I was unable to coc anywhere without it crashing. .Net Framework still did not generate a crash log for those crashes either.

Edited by Saint_Chewy

9 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I tried the first file 6.63 kB .toml with DynDOLOD.esm disabled to make sure I didn't crash and I did not. I then ran again with DynDOLOD.esm enabled and did not crash. It also seemed like the stutter was fixed because I did not stutter where I normally did which is around Fort Amol / Darkwater Crossing area. I made it almost all the way to Riften and then the exact same stutter kicked in. Gradual at first but if you keep walking it just grows in intensity. I continued my test to Windhelm to see if the stutter would stop and it did not. So this file just seemed to delay the stutter for me.

Next I tried the 9.65 kB .toml the same way. I did not crash with DynDOLOD.esm disabled, but when I enable it I crash as soon as the loading screen starts. I was unable to coc anywhere without it crashing. .Net Framework still did not generate a crash log for those crashes either.

Anything different with this vesion?

EngineFixes.toml

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Anything different with this vesion?

EngineFixes.toml 6.63 kB · 1 download

Unfortunately I get the same results as the last test. I did not stutter where I normally did and I made it almost all the way to Riften and then the exact same stutter kicked in. I apologize for taking up so much of your time, but I know we are close to figuring this out.

Also apologies for asking a dumb question, but for one of my tests I had disabled DynDOLOD from the MCM and I still had stutter, but apparently the test script that you provided that did not make me stutter also disabled the dynamic LOD. Why do you think it is that the test script stopped my stuttering?

Edited by Saint_Chewy

50 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Unfortunately I get the same results as the last test. I did not stutter where I normally did and I made it almost all the way to Riften and then the exact same stutter kicked in. I apologize for taking up so much of your time, but I know we are close to figuring this out.

Check what happens with this.

It would be great if you could test the minimum setup with the latest game runtime 1.6.640, SKSE 2.2.3 and SSE Engine Fixes 6.1.1 and its default settings.

EngineFixes.toml

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Check what happens with this.

It would be great if you could test the minimum setup with the latest game runtime 1.6.640, SKSE 2.2.3 and SSE Engine Fixes 6.1.1 and its default settings.

EngineFixes.toml 6.63 kB · 0 downloads

Okay so first I reinstalled Skyrim and used the 1.6.640 .exe, installed SKSE 2.2.3 and SSE Engine Fixes 6.1.1. I left the .toml default for my first test run. I received the stutter that I was receiving before around the Fort Amol / Darkwater Crossing area. I then used the .toml you provided and received delayed stutter that I now get at Riften. This time to check as well I ran around the entire map to see if the stutter would stop and it did not. It still gets progressively worse the more I play which is the same behavior as before when we started troubleshooting.

After that didn't work I set my old Skyrim back up and tried the .toml you provided and its the same results as above; delayed stutter starting at Riften now.

I also wanted to just recap with you as this might help as we have done quite a bit of troubleshooting over the last week.

This is my load order I am using for the testing:

+DynDOLOD_Output
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97
+Address Library for SKSE Plugins
+PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions

1. I know that the default settings on EngineFixes.toml work if I do not have DynDOLOD Resources SE or DynDOLOD.esm enabled together - individually enabled they are fine with SSE Engine Fixes.

2. The only thing currently active in DynDOLOD Resources SE is the SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex script and everything else is hidden in MO2. If I hide that script and leave SSE Engine Fixes and DynDOLOD.esm enabled I do not get that stutter as DynDOLOD.esm is not calling on the script (I am not a mod creator so I have no idea if that is accurate or not so forgive me if I am wrong)

3. Everything in DynDOLOD_Output is hidden except DynDOLOD.esm If I disable DynDOLOD.esm and leave SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex in DynDOLOD Resources SE along with SSE Engine Fixes I do not get that stutter as the script is laying dormant in the folder since DynDOLOD.esm cannot call on it (again please forgive me if I am wrong here).

4. Now I from the troubleshooting so far it would look like SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex would be the culprit? Maybe when DynDOLOD.esm is calling it, something goes haywire with SSE Engine Fixes? I know you said that the script works fine and I am sure it does because you are a wizard, I am just spitballing here and maybe something with stick. I am unable to test with only DynDOLOD enabled without SSE Engine Fixes as my game will crash during the loading screen when I try to use coc.

Thank you again for all your help so far Sheson

Edited by Saint_Chewy

11 hours ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Okay so first I reinstalled Skyrim and used the 1.6.640 .exe, installed SKSE 2.2.3 and SSE Engine Fixes 6.1.1. I left the .toml default for my first test run. I received the stutter that I was receiving before around the Fort Amol / Darkwater Crossing area. I then used the .toml you provided and received delayed stutter that I now get at Riften. This time to check as well I ran around the entire map to see if the stutter would stop and it did not. It still gets progressively worse the more I play which is the same behavior as before when we started troubleshooting.

After that didn't work I set my old Skyrim back up and tried the .toml you provided and its the same results as above; delayed stutter starting at Riften now.

I also wanted to just recap with you as this might help as we have done quite a bit of troubleshooting over the last week.

This is my load order I am using for the testing:

+DynDOLOD_Output
+DynDOLOD Resources SE
+(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97
+Address Library for SKSE Plugins
+PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions

1. I know that the default settings on EngineFixes.toml work if I do not have DynDOLOD Resources SE or DynDOLOD.esm enabled together - individually enabled they are fine with SSE Engine Fixes.

2. The only thing currently active in DynDOLOD Resources SE is the SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex script and everything else is hidden in MO2. If I hide that script and leave SSE Engine Fixes and DynDOLOD.esm enabled I do not get that stutter as DynDOLOD.esm is not calling on the script (I am not a mod creator so I have no idea if that is accurate or not so forgive me if I am wrong)

3. Everything in DynDOLOD_Output is hidden except DynDOLOD.esm If I disable DynDOLOD.esm and leave SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex in DynDOLOD Resources SE along with SSE Engine Fixes I do not get that stutter as the script is laying dormant in the folder since DynDOLOD.esm cannot call on it (again please forgive me if I am wrong here).

4. Now I from the troubleshooting so far it would look like SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex would be the culprit? Maybe when DynDOLOD.esm is calling it, something goes haywire with SSE Engine Fixes? I know you said that the script works fine and I am sure it does because you are a wizard, I am just spitballing here and maybe something with stick. I am unable to test with only DynDOLOD enabled without SSE Engine Fixes as my game will crash during the loading screen when I try to use coc.

Thank you again for all your help so far Sheson

Plugins contain data. The game code is calling/executing the scripts.

The script exists since DynDOLOD 2.36 was released 5 years ago. The code inside the OnUnLoad event didn't change since then and the tests revealed that the code does not matter. Especially the tests with the "empty" test script show that it is the victim of an issue and not the cause.

You reported that the issue does not happen without SSE Engine fixes. The test revealed that changing settings for SSE Engine Fixes influences the issue. That means that SSE Engine Fixes is involved.

The actual culprit is most likely something that was changed/updated/added recently, probably outside of SSE Engine Fixes. We know things work fine since years and still do since so there is only one report about an issue involving SSE Engine Fixes.

Something getting worse and worse over time sounds like a memory leak or a buffer that fills with data that is not cleaned or freed.

Is there any change when going into a building or child worldspace (walled city).
Any change after using executing pcb from the game console?
Any change when setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.INI?

See what happens if you use SSE Engine Fixes 5.6.0 https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=181373&game_id=1704

The actual fix or workaround depends on what we find.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Plugins contain data. The game code is calling/executing the scripts.

The script exists since DynDOLOD 2.36 was released 5 years ago. The code inside the OnUnLoad event didn't change since then and the tests revealed that the code does not matter. Especially the tests with the "empty" test script show that it is the victim of an issue and not the cause.

You reported that the issue does not happen without SSE Engine fixes. The test revealed that changing settings for SSE Engine Fixes influences the issue. That means that SSE Engine Fixes is involved.

The actual culprit is most likely something that was changed/updated/added recently, probably outside of SSE Engine Fixes. We know things work fine since years and still do since so there is only one report about an issue involving SSE Engine Fixes.

Something getting worse and worse over time sounds like a memory leak or a buffer that fills with data that is not cleaned or freed.

Is there any change when going into a building or child worldspace (walled city).
Any change after using executing pcb from the game console?
Any change when setting uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.INI?

See what happens if you use SSE Engine Fixes 5.6.0 https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=181373&game_id=1704

The actual fix or workaround depends on what we find.

I tried SSE Engine Fixes 5.6.0 first and unfortunately no change; still stuttering at the same location.

For my next test when the stuttering got really bad outside Riften I went inside and the FPS/frametime was perfect. I ran around for several minutes and there was no stutter. Left Rfiten and the stutter picked right up again. I tried running pcb at that point and there was no change.

Lastly I tried uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 and there was no change with that either

4 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I tried SSE Engine Fixes 5.6.0 first and unfortunately no change; still stuttering at the same location.

For my next test when the stuttering got really bad outside Riften I went inside and the FPS/frametime was perfect. I ran around for several minutes and there was no stutter. Left Rfiten and the stutter picked right up again. I tried running pcb at that point and there was no change.

Lastly I tried uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 and there was no change with that either

Generate a LOD mod with DynDOLOD 2.98 to verify we are not overlooking anything. Just do the Tamriel worldspace.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Generate a LOD mod with DynDOLOD 2.98 to verify we are not overlooking anything. Just do the Tamriel worldspace.

Well this was honestly unexpected, but I get the exact same issue with DynDOLOD 2.98. Its also the exact same scenario as well. If I hide either SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex, DynDOLOD.esm or SSE Engine Fixes the stutter will go away.

I also just reinstalled Windows 10 last month during my month of trying to troubleshoot this. My wife's computer is Windows 11 and also recently installed and I am able to replicate the issue on her computer so I don't think there is anything on my computer that would be causing the stutter when the game is running?

Also you had mentioned using a workaround and currently the best thing that has worked so far with our troubleshooting is that test SHESON_DynDOLOD_Worshipper.pex script. You had also said that with this test script the dynamic LOD is not working properly. From my few tests running with it I have noticed that the windmills appear to work along with the water wheels. The only thing that I have noticed is that sometimes the dynamic LOD for waterfalls doesnt work correctly and will flicker when I am nearby. I know I shouldn't use this script since its not working fully, but if this is the tradeoff between flickering waterfalls or unplayable stutter I would gladly take the flickering waterfalls any day. I was able to run around the map twice even with the test script so it seems stable enough for me if you think its okay that I use this as a workaround.

Edited by Saint_Chewy