DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

1 hour ago, NorthSide said:

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with grass LOD's not appearing in game. So I checked the "Grass LOD Troubleshooting Guide" and found what might be the culprit:

There are entries in the TexGen debug log that look like this:

More complete listing:

https://paste.ee/p/deo7j

Are those instances of what the troublshooting guide terms "filtered out" or am I misinterpreting it? I also checked the output directory of TexGen and I could not find many of the grasses from my grass mod in there.

I did create a recalulated bounds esp plugin for the grass records via xedit and ck for the grass caching process on older skyrim 1.5.97 but i disabled it before I ran TexGen and DynDOLOD, thinking it was unnecessary. Thought it was prudent to ask here before running it through again.

Thanks.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log and entire debug log to upload when making posts.

Yes, when the log has an entry "ignoring meshes\... *.nif", it means the mesh has been ignored/filtered out because of bounds/height or it doesn't match the criteria (above water for example)

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
The volume of the model is the result of v( (X2 - X1)2 + (Y2 - Y1)2 + (Z2 - Z1)2 ) and needs to be greater or equal to the Min[Tree|Grass]ModelVolume setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].ini.
For the height the Z2 value is used instead of (Z2 - Z1) - as Z2 is typically the height above the ground - and needs to be greater or equal to the Min[Tree|Grass]ModelHeight setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].ini.

Read the rest of the chapter as well how to force specific billboard creation without changing the INI settings.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

Check with the xEdit Assets Browser (CTRL+F3) if the texture exists in the load order and can be opened form the first shown container (data = loose file) with an image viewer.

Double check if it really has a resolution of 3500 x 2500. If it does, remove the texture or resize it to a power of 2 resolution. Same for WRStoneFloor02_n.dds

Let us know which mod the textures comes from.

texture is from CleverCharff's AIO, resizing to 2048x2048 fixed the problem

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log and entire debug log to upload when making posts.

Yes, when the log has an entry "ignoring meshes\... *.nif", it means the mesh has been ignored/filtered out because of bounds/height or it doesn't match the criteria (above water for example)

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
The volume of the model is the result of v( (X2 - X1)2 + (Y2 - Y1)2 + (Z2 - Z1)2 ) and needs to be greater or equal to the Min[Tree|Grass]ModelVolume setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].ini.
For the height the Z2 value is used instead of (Z2 - Z1) - as Z2 is typically the height above the ground - and needs to be greater or equal to the Min[Tree|Grass]ModelHeight setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].ini.

Read the rest of the chapter as well how to force specific billboard creation without changing the INI settings.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll see if making another patch fixes it.

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing textures\cubemaps\GlacierIce_e.dds (4) Unslaad.esm zzzCrbTreeElderIce [TREE:2014F7AC] while processing C:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\unslaad.esm\eldertree_0014f7ac.

Help with this texgen error, only happens after the update, I have the updated my drivers to the latest

bugreport.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

6 hours ago, Prim919 said:

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing textures\cubemaps\GlacierIce_e.dds (4) Unslaad.esm zzzCrbTreeElderIce [TREE:2014F7AC] while processing C:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\unslaad.esm\eldertree_0014f7ac.

Help with this texgen error, only happens after the update, I have the updated my drivers to the latest

bugreport.txt 671.08 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 1.11 MB · 0 downloads

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 2.7 MB · 1 download

Let me know which mod contains the textures\cubemaps\GlacierIce_e.dds that does not have a power of 2 resolution.

Edit: Alpha-113 should load the texture regardless of its not power of 2 resolution

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

Let me know which mod contains the textures\cubemaps\GlacierIce_e.dds that does not have a power of 2 resolution.

Not the OP, but had the same issue. Arctic - Frost Effects Redux contains this file with the size 1024x768. As I already had another mod providing this with arguably better quality (Ice Mesh Remaster, which I resized as it also had 1024x768 dimensions) , I just ended up deleting it. This resolved the issue.

4 hours ago, MajorStarewell said:

Getting a hard silent CTD when using TexGen. Tried it probably a dozen times and it always crashes at the same point without an error message. EXACT same load order worked fine with the last version. 

Ufile.io - 1676780457

What is a hard silent CTD?
Does it show the options window? The log looks like what happens when none of the 3 main options are checked and start is clicked.
Make sure there are no files from older DynDOLOD Standalone installations being used.

Test what happens if the tool is started directly from Windows Explorer.

Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid issue with UAC, antivir etc.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Edit: Alpha-113 should load the texture regardless of its not power of 2 resolution

It was Arctic - Frost Effects Redux, thanks so much for the fast update! :))))

I'm stumped. Trying to generate some new Dyndolod files with Alpha 113, and for the life of me I cannot get grass LOD to work anymore. I have grass billboards/cache (same grass I used for a while now), I can check the Grass LOD box and set density to 45, but they just don't show up in my game.

Did not have this problem before with older versions unless there's a new setting I'm missing.

Currently falling back to an older DynDOLOD backup I built with the previous version, and grass was working fine there.  

Edited by TeostraAscend

1 hour ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Hi

I just downloaded 113 from nexus but when i run it I get a message saying there is a newer version (113). Has an older version been uploaded by mistake or is the message incorrect?

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

1 hour ago, TeostraAscend said:

I'm stumped. Trying to generate some new Dyndolod files with Alpha 113, and for the life of me I cannot get grass LOD to work anymore. I have grass billboards/cache (same grass I used for a while now), I can check the Grass LOD box and set density to 45, but they just don't show up in my game.

Did not have this problem before with older versions unless there's a new setting I'm missing.

Currently falling back to an older DynDOLOD backup I built with the previous version, and grass was working fine there.  

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

Alpha 113 isn't succesfully doing it's thing when starting new game.  (top left corner message)

MCM works but checkerbox is not checked. Meaning not active.

Never had this before with previous builds.

Also no scripts present in generated folder. Use to be scripts, correct?

17 hours ago, NorthSide said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll see if making another patch fixes it.

That seems to have done the trick. Still a few ignored meshes but I can force the rest of them as you suggested sheson.

What a difference this makes in all seasons. Going from a bare empty world to something filled with life all the while still maintaining 60 fps. Thank you sheson for all your hard work creating this master piece :bow:

https://ibb.co/xSv46Nw

https://ibb.co/hWNN1tv