DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

1 hour ago, semithicc said:

Thank you for your help. For some reason, the edits are having no visual effect whatsoever. For example, I changed the Z value from -500 to -1000 and successfully saved and exited xEdit/SSEEdit, but in-game, the mountain looked identical to how it did before.

The problem goes away if you disable the underside in the game via opening console and clicking it, then typing disable/enable?

Toggle the LOD with tll as before to be able to click it. Make sure to install More Informative Console so you know the underside is selected and not some cloud.

If that is the case, lowering eventually has to make terrain LOD be above/in front of it. Also make sure That all terrain LOD levels (and the underside) have been generated for the current load order. Skyrim SE lowers terrain LOD in the distance (that is why at a certain distance it only happens at the edge of the screen), so you need to account for that.

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

The problem goes away if you disable the underside in the game via opening console and clicking it, then typing disable/enable?

Toggle the LOD with tll as before to be able to click it. Make sure to install More Informative Console so you know the underside is selected and not some cloud.

If that is the case, lowering eventually has to make terrain LOD be above/in front of it. Also make sure That all terrain LOD levels (and the underside) have been generated for the current load order. Skyrim SE lowers terrain LOD in the distance (that is why at a certain distance it only happens at the edge of the screen), so you need to account for that.

Okay I fixed the problem! I just needed to lower the underside by a few thousand more. Thank you very much for your help.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:44 AM, sheson said:

I have two different ESM to test to see if this can be still narrowed down to something more concrete. One is 963kb (9860099 bytes) while the other is 929kb (951422 bytes).

Let me know if either makes a difference or not.

Test the plugins with that second to last papyrus test script the last toml where things happen later than "usual".

DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD.esm

Hi Sheson quick update here. I tried some more troubleshooting this morning and I found that if I hide EngineFixes.toml in MO2 I still get the stutter so I do not think that the .toml is the cause. I tried to hide all of the other files except EngineFixes.dll, but it wouldn't load without the EngineFixes_preload.txt. So it still seems like SSE Engine Fixes is still conflicting in some way, but it looks like its now the EngineFixes.dll or EngineFixes_preload.txt that is the conflict.

SSE Engine Fixes.PNG

Edited by Saint_Chewy

11 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Hi Sheson quick update here. I tried some more troubleshooting this morning and I found that if I hide EngineFixes.toml in MO2 I still get the stutter so I do not think that the .toml is the cause. I tried to hide all of the other files except EngineFixes.dll, but it wouldn't load without the EngineFixes_preload.txt. So it still seems like SSE Engine Fixes is still conflicting in some way, but it looks like its now the EngineFixes.dll or EngineFixes_preload.txt that is the conflict.

SSE Engine Fixes.PNG

The toml is a settings file that controls which SSE Engine Fixes options are enabled or disabled. We learned we can influence when the stutter starts by disabling things in SSE Engine Fixes, however even with every option disabled the stutter still happens. Meaning it is not a particular fix/option it can be attributed to but more likely some code that is already used.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:55 PM, BISOM said:

1) Add the command line argument -autoexit to the arguments starting DynDOLOD to see if it automatically saves and zips without waiting for the prompt/input.

It worked! esp and esm has appeared in output folder, i can just zip all folder and extract in mo2.

though the program didn't auto closed, it just freeze like it used to do, need to alt+f4 to force close.(have wait 15 mimutes already, show no reponsing.)

just let you know.

going to test in game, very appreciate.

image.thumb.png.b9941bed09372174b9a8df2c67b8bfe5.pngimage.thumb.png.3430d47c0c8076cf98440cc66e9e7ca1.png

image.thumb.png.e901b3a45166e094130b2882bb5e2dff.pngimage.thumb.png.3a18b6538387a75e5429ad55963d54e0.pngimage.thumb.png.c83f1af179cd33d5fdc3141fc49a5d01.png

HI Sheson

here is the logs 

sadly there is no bug_repot either zip file in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export, still,  I compress the whole export file, hope it will help.

thanks alot

On 11/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, sheson said:

The toml is a settings file that controls which SSE Engine Fixes options are enabled or disabled. We learned we can influence when the stutter starts by disabling things in SSE Engine Fixes, however even with every option disabled the stutter still happens. Meaning it is not a particular fix/option it can be attributed to but more likely some code that is already used.

I posted on the SSE Engine Fixes page about the issue so hopefully I get a reply back on this issue. I wanted to also ask you about what your setup is and what version of Skyrim you are using since you were not able to replicate the issue on your end. I hope to have my new computer built this week so I can try and test it again.

Edited by Saint_Chewy

35 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I posted on the SSE Engine Fixes page about the issue so hopefully I get a reply back on this issue. I wanted to also ask you about your setup is and what version of Skyrim you are using since you were not able to replicate the issue on your end. I hope to have my new computer built this week so I can try and test it again.

Honestly my setup does not even matter that much. The records in DynDOLOD.esm and the script using the OnLoad event are in use by everybody since Skyrim Special Edition support was added beginning 2017.

You will remember testing with DynDOLOD 2.x and older version of SSE Engine Fixes. Hundred of thousands of users and diozens of guides use this combination without anyone reporting any similar issue since many years. It seems there is something unique and obscure involved that is needed for this to happen.

I test things with 1.5,97 and 1.6.640 - typically alternating between the current SE plugins with the 4 CC and AE with all CC, on Windows 7 and 10 usually, sometimes 11. NVidia graphics.

You might want to test if the Papyrus Tweaks have an effect https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779

Good day,

so I tried to find some wisdome here, but honestly am barely able to understand most posts.

• I recently set up a new game with open CIties and The great CIties - Minor Towns and Settlements. faik none other touch Winterhold. I'm using Rob's Bug fixes version of TGC.
  • Using ELFX and ELFX TGC patch, patch loaded last of the 3.
  • Ran BethINI, let it do its thing, didn't alter anything else myself.
  • Ran TexGen. Ran DynDOLOD 3 after a fresh install from Nexus according to the guide here regarding the steps for Open CIties.
  • Ran them with the shortest file path possible, home menu on my external HDD. Mods themselves on C:.
  • Loaded high rules. Checked WindowGlow.
  • EDIT: Sorting with Vortex. TexGen not overwritten. DynDOLOD esp. loads at the very end of the my load order.
  • EDIT 2: Cleaned all Plugins and official ESMs and CCContent from ITMs/UDRs as advised by loot. Used QuickAutoClean - did that after running DynDOLOD though.

Noticed some floating windows at night in Winterhold, on the tavern: a5009344

xEdit says only DynDOLOD .esp touches it.

What can I do? :(

Edited by Sky91

1 hour ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I posted on the SSE Engine Fixes page about the issue so hopefully I get a reply back on this issue. I wanted to also ask you about what your setup is and what version of Skyrim you are using since you were not able to replicate the issue on your end. I hope to have my new computer built this week so I can try and test it again.

With all the testing you have done (including baseline vanilla INI settings using preset(s)), I'm assuming your issues are hardware related (or hardware compatibility with software), and all of your issues will go away with the new system. It may be your HW memory modules/GPU/system bus-related compatibility. Possibly drivers.

I have an AMD rig (see specs in sig) and had some historic mysterious issues with xLODGen and occasionally with the DynDOLOD runtime apps, but nothing about the game itself like this for me. Issues like yours are almost always game INI related, but again, you seem to have ruled this out.

If your new box doesn't resolve it, then I must assume it is game INI related after all.

Also, if you aren't using it already, I suggest you use BethINI to ensure there are no wild settings lingering. Even with the baseline vanilla presets, the mysterious SkyrimCustom.ini could be overriding something, so if you use MO, you may want to give that a check. IIRC, nobody on Earth has sufficiently explained that file, what triggers it's generation, or why it exists in the first place. It has caused me issues in the past.

Assuming you use MO, also check if any mods you have are overriding INI settings. This is how you can find those:

image.png

Runtime mods (SKSE related usually) also can dynamically set stuff I think. Those won't show up here. You need to check each of these.

Hi there, I read through it and believe to have understood/tried most of it. Looked uthe reference up in xEdit, Childworld problems, I think, don't apply here for it never was a walled city with its own worldspace (Winterhold, by the mages college).

What I do not understand is the deal with the large references. I can see the floating window copies when I am a few feet away. They'll be hidden behind buildings from a distance.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

DyunDOLOD doc has FAQ with "floating objects" addressed, so you may want to check that out.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Honestly my setup does not even matter that much. The records in DynDOLOD.esm and the script using the OnLoad event are in use by everybody since Skyrim Special Edition support was added beginning 2017.

You will remember testing with DynDOLOD 2.x and older version of SSE Engine Fixes. Hundred of thousands of users and diozens of guides use this combination without anyone reporting any similar issue since many years. It seems there is something unique and obscure involved that is needed for this to happen.

I test things with 1.5,97 and 1.6.640 - typically alternating between the current SE plugins with the 4 CC and AE with all CC, on Windows 7 and 10 usually, sometimes 11. NVidia graphics.

You might want to test if the Papyrus Tweaks have an effect https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77779

I fully agree with you Sheson I think that whatever is happening is unique to me because before I ever posted here I tried about a hundred different Google searches trying to see if anyone else had a similar issue and fix and really didn't find anything that was even close to what I am experiencing. Its extremely frustrating that this is happening because I am so close to having a perfect mod list set up. Its just strange that after all my testing it comes down to two very well made mods that somehow seem to be conflicting for just me (and my wife's computer). Also, I tried that mod that you linked and I regret to say that I still have that same exact stutter as before.

47 minutes ago, z929669 said:

With all the testing you have done (including baseline vanilla INI settings using preset(s)), I'm assuming your issues are hardware related (or hardware compatibility with software), and all of your issues will go away with the new system. It may be your HW memory modules/GPU/system bus-related compatibility. Possibly drivers.

I have an AMD rig (see specs in sig) and had some historic mysterious issues with xLODGen and occasionally with the DynDOLOD runtime apps, but nothing about the game itself like this for me. Issues like yours are almost always game INI related, but again, you seem to have ruled this out.

If your new box doesn't resolve it, then I must assume it is game INI related after all.

Also, if you aren't using it already, I suggest you use BethINI to ensure there are no wild settings lingering. Even with the baseline vanilla presets, the mysterious SkyrimCustom.ini could be overriding something, so if you use MO, you may want to give that a check. IIRC, nobody on Earth has sufficiently explained that file, what triggers it's generation, or why it exists in the first place. It has caused me issues in the past.

Assuming you use MO, also check if any mods you have are overriding INI settings. This is how you can find those:

image.png

Runtime mods (SKSE related usually) also can dynamically set stuff I think. Those won't show up here. You need to check each of these.

I thought the same thing as you that my ini files were the cause and because of that I have tried several different tests with my ini files. I have tried just plain vanilla ini files with no input from Bethini set from low to high, I have tried using Bethini to set the quality rather than the launcher, I have tried removing the custom ini and yeah all of that doesnt seem to make a lick of difference. I actually got my skyrimcustom.ini file from here. I even tried bypassing MO2 and installing these mods manually and using the ini files in the documents folder and that still doesnt make any difference. And probably more to be honest these were just at the front of my mind. It is quite maddening really. This is what my MO2 looks like right now when I do my tests, so nothing seems to be overriding the ini files for now.

I am really hoping that my new computer will fix this really dumb issue, but at the same time I am skeptical because I am also able to replicate the issue on my wife's computer. We both have Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs (she gets my hand-me-downs). My new computer is also going to be the same Intel/Nvidia combo, but I am hoping that with much faster RAM and a faster SSD that it might be good enough to push through. Fingers crossed!

MO2 Capture.PNG

Edited by Saint_Chewy

So the other night I decided to switch water mods which meant I would need to re run the Dyndolod. Clicked on TexGen and I was prompted to download and update to the latest version, so i did that, downloaded new Dyndolod resources and updated Majestic Mountains + dyndolod pack. Started a new game and have been experiencing what i could best describe as stuck LOD everywhere, as soon as i leave the cell I started in the LOD is stuck on some objects - mostly stonework.  I was thinking this was majestic mountains issue but i dont think MM messes with dwemer ruins. I have tried every solution i could find from other stuck lod threads - adjusting lod from ultra to high in launcher, setting fBlockLevel0Distance=57000 and uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in skyrimprefs.ini. Anyways I turn off Dyndolod and I no longer have this problem but then I dont have dyndolod which is also unacceptable.  This is a new problem with the new version, old version wasn't doing this with a nearly identical load order, I would really like to just roll back versions and call it a day, is there a way to remove that prompt and do that? I would be happy with any solution, game is unplayable as is.

I have included some images of the issue, objects tend to lose their meshiness/ look horrible when you get out of the starting cell, this phenomena seems to be centered around rock type objects.

20221115002844_1.thumb.jpg.29a8c9107dd5eddf34eada859e5687c4.jpgThank you!

20221114235107_1.jpg

20221115085228_1.jpg

20221114094212_1.jpg