DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

48 minutes ago, jiggajigga82 said:

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a specific script that's used in DynDOLOD to detect mesh root blocks being NiNodes? I'd like to root them out in xEdit if they're a proven cause of CTDs.

DynDOLOD is all compiled code, so no pas scripts. Just use the list from the summary.

I can confirm that AMD Adrenaline 22.5.1 drivers resolved the issue.

For kicks, I first factory reset my display drivers and tried AMD Adrenaline 22.11.1, and this indeed caused the OpenGL issue, so I can confirm that as well

interestingly, TexGen processing of my same Step LO has increased approx. 4x from last version I used (alpha 98 and many previous versions). It used to reliably take 1:40-1:50, and now its upwards of 5 minutes processing. Generating billboards processing increased by a significant amount, but Creating textures portion at the end was the brunt of the increase.

FYI: logs from the successful run for direct compare to my last if interesting.

Logs.7z

2 hours ago, sheson said:

"LOD associated ini" does tell us which INI setting you are talking about. I can only hope it doesn't mean INI settings for static object LOD under TerrainManager, since they are obviously irrelevant.

What I meant was ini values with LOD in the names.  I didn't mess with anything under [TerrainManager], but I did try increasing fLightLODMaxStartFade, fLightLODStartFade, fLODFadeOutMultItems, fLODFadeOutMultObjects, fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell (although I didn't hold out much hope with these).  I wouldn't push my fBlockLevel0, 1 & Maximum past where I have them now (75000, 165000 & 335000 respectively).

7 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

What I meant was ini values with LOD in the names.  I didn't mess with anything under [TerrainManager], but I did try increasing fLightLODMaxStartFade, fLightLODStartFade, fLODFadeOutMultItems, fLODFadeOutMultObjects, fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell (although I didn't hold out much hope with these).  I wouldn't push my fBlockLevel0, 1 & Maximum past where I have them now (75000, 165000 & 335000 respectively).

The giant campfire models from Embers XD appear to have the EnvMap_Light_Fade flag on them, so ensure that you have the associated fade settings high enough to be visible from far away.

Skyrim.ini

[LightingShader]
fEnvmapLODFadeEnd=1.0000
fEnvmapLODFadeStart=1.0000

BethINI also provides this tweak as a part of its presets.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

The giant campfire models from Embers XD appear to have the EnvMap_Light_Fade flag on them, so ensure that you have the associated fade settings high enough to be visible from far away.

Skyrim.ini

[LightingShader]
fEnvmapLODFadeEnd=1.0000
fEnvmapLODFadeStart=1.0000

BethINI also provides this tweak as a part of its presets.

Ah, ok thank you DY I will check that.

edit - No, they were already set there.

Edited by MisterMorden

Hello,

I am fairly new to modding, and installed a couple of mods and read somewhere that I need to generate LODs for things to "display properly". So with that, I've gone ahead and followed basic tutorials on how to use DyndoLOD 3.

At the first step (TexGen), no errors or warnings of any kind, but when I start to do DyndoLOD, I get these warnings. Things I've read on the website is untranslatable for me, since it only explains things about references, but it doesn't actually tell me what is going to happen in the game (missing textures, crashes, etc.)

Here's my errors: https://paste.ee/p/Jxspy

Basically, I'm humbly asking for a layman's explanation of what's going to happen to my game if I ignore those errors and proceed to playing, rather than telling me the technical details on why this is happening. I have close to 0 knowledge using SSEdit, and I have very limited knowledge as far as load orders would go. I did order it to the best of my abilities, but I am unsure if that has anything to do with the warnings I see when I use DyndoLOD.

Would also love some advice on what I can do to fix these errors!

Thank you in advance for any help.

Edited by kookok
Added dyndolod tag.

47 minutes ago, kookok said:

Hello,

I am fairly new to modding, and installed a couple of mods and read somewhere that I need to generate LODs for things to "display properly". So with that, I've gone ahead and followed basic tutorials on how to use DyndoLOD 3.

At the first step (TexGen), no errors or warnings of any kind, but when I start to do DyndoLOD, I get these warnings. Things I've read on the website is untranslatable for me, since it only explains things about references, but it doesn't actually tell me what is going to happen in the game (missing textures, crashes, etc.)

Here's my errors: https://paste.ee/p/Jxspy

Basically, I'm humbly asking for a layman's explanation of what's going to happen to my game if I ignore those errors and proceed to playing, rather than telling me the technical details on why this is happening. I have close to 0 knowledge using SSEdit, and I have very limited knowledge as far as load orders would go. I did order it to the best of my abilities, but I am unsure if that has anything to do with the warnings I see when I use DyndoLOD.

Would also love some advice on what I can do to fix these errors!

Thank you in advance for any help.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

See this existing answer https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-106/?do=findComment&comment=265482.

It is unclear what warning or error message about problems in the load the order you need further help for in addition to the existing explanations.

Always use the latest version.
Do not install the game into special folders like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with Windows UAC, antivir etc.

11 hours ago, z929669 said:

DynDOLOD "ErrorSelectingRenderedContent"

The associated help for this message does not address this one.

Logs

PS: LODGen process continued on in the background, so I killed it myself.

Is this repeatable?

If so, does adding TextureCache=100 below [DynDOLOD] to DynDOLOD_SSE.INI change anything?

Ok sheson, I finally was able to get my latest logs (106 alpha, no bugreport generated).  This was with the none, none, none, none, far full, unchanged mesh rule for giant campfires.  The other reference dropdown options didn't resolve the issue of the no flaming lod.  I have also included a link to some screenshots I took of walking through the issue.  I'm also currently in talks with the author of embers xd to see if it may be a mod issue.  I hope this information redeems my speculative past posts somewhat, lol.

logs: https://ufile.io/f/8qbp2

pics: https://imgur.com/a/TSzVR6d

Thanks again for your help!

3 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Ok sheson, I finally was able to get my latest logs (106 alpha, no bugreport generated).  This was with the none, none, none, none, far full, unchanged mesh rule for giant campfires.  The other reference dropdown options didn't resolve the issue of the no flaming lod.  I have also included a link to some screenshots I took of walking through the issue.  I'm also currently in talks with the author of embers xd to see if it may be a mod issue.  I hope this information redeems my speculative past posts somewhat, lol.

logs: https://ufile.io/f/8qbp2

pics: https://imgur.com/a/TSzVR6d

Thanks again for your help!

All further away fires look the same to me regardless of the original reference/base record in Skyrim.esm or the ones copied to DynDOLOD plugins. 

As I already said, it probably has to do with the how the NIF is made and corresponding INI settings. Particles count, decal fade maybe.

Since just flying away with tlc from the fire just changed by the mod has the same effect, there is nothing any DynDOLOD setting can do about it.

Hello,

I have a few comments and questions.

• I don't mind at all installing new DynDOLOD Alpha versions from scratch each time a new update comes out - that's an understandable, necessary part of the process to ensure a clean, up-to-date slate. I'm a bit annoyed by having to set up all options from scratch in Advanced mode after each update, though. So I've been cheating: I reload a preset saved from a previous version, which can be the default one (DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini) that DynDOLOD generates automatically.

Is this bad, doctor? I have a suspicion that's it's not very good, because the preset file appears to contain rules copied verbatim from the "factory/built-in" rules. In case some built-in rules changed from one version to the next, the new rules would not be reflected after reloading the preset.

• If all REFRs to a STAT are marked Deleted in a patch, DynDOLOD still considers that the STAT has references and keeps validating it. So even if there are no more references to this STAT in the full load order, it still issues warnings about a missing mesh or texture, even though they will never be loaded by the game.

I understand this is probably a byproduct of how xEdit works (as xEdit still counts those deleted references), but it's rather misleading. The only way to suppress the validation and warnings, is to completely remove the REFRs directly from the plugin. Which is fine if it's an old mod that's not been maintained in ages, but much less viable, compared to a patch, for a mod that's actively maintained and regularly updated (in which case the removals have to be applied again, and again).

• After I reported some issues with missing meshes and textures detected by DynDOLOD to a mod author, the mod author replied that I wasn't supposed to generate LODs for the new worldspaces in their mods, because some of them are unfinished (fair enough, thanks for not telling us) and the others "are too small for LoD to be an issue". Yet the mod is packaged with ../lodsettings/*.lod files for some of those worldspaces.

What exactly is the purpose of the lodsettings file? I know DynDOLOD uses them to determine if they are eligible for LOD generation, and thus selectable in the list of worldspaces. But how are they used by the game? Are they generated on demand by the mod author in CK, or automatically by CK without the mod author's knowing?

Is there a configuration file-based mechanism to tell DynDOLOD to ignore a whole mod or specific worldspaces? Preferably an ad-hoc external mechanism, not by editing ../Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini or ../Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/Configs/DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_mod_world_ignore.txt which are reset to factory state with each update (see 1st point above).

And now for something that has nothing to do with DynDOLOD:

• What is the meaning of the 'Small World' flag on a worldspace, and what is its significance in regards to LODs, if any? I can't find any useful information online, other than "small world loads faster". Why is it a flag that can be set at will by a mod author, seemingly regardless of the actual world size, and why is it not determined automatically, either by CK or the engine?