DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

5 minutes ago, jiggajigga82 said:

Great! Thank you for walking me through it. Should I report this to the authors or will you get in touch with them?

The worldspace has no temporary cells, so that is probably why the bounds are undefined. Not sure if this is a CK bug or just a wild edit or something undefined and if/what the consequences are. Next version will just continue.

Hello to all friendly and helpful fellows of the site!

Recently i've had an issue with "Range Check Error" popping up when i try to use TexGen (64)...

It specifically happens when the program starts trying to convert trees, and at first i thought it was an issue with Seasons of Skyrim + Happy Little Trees (Yes i used the patch) that made it occur, so- I switched over to The Wildlands of Skyrim without any seasons and retried.

Same issue.

Weird thing is this worked just yesterday, i've changed tree mods, verified game files yet nothing works T-T 

Any help would be appreciated!

Files not found Textures.txt

You recently install Skyrim Extended Cut - Saints and Seducers?  It happens to me, too, but only with that mod enabled.  I tested with only that mod enabled, too.

Edit - Addressed here: 

Edited by xcal68

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Why do you keep posting screenshots of TexGen that shows the prompt? It seems to be working.

When the DynDOLOD messages window shows like this, it does not react to mouse or keyboard? Can you move the scroll bar down? Is there any CPU usage in the task manager?

After starting DynDOLOD, either the wizard or advanced options window shows. When you click cancel, there will be a prompt to asking to exit, check log or restart. Does that work?

See what happens if you do not select to generate Occlusion.

1) When the DynDOLOD messages window shows like this, it does not react to mouse or keyboard? Can you move the scroll bar down? Is there any CPU usage in the task manager?

I can scroll and move every windows, even write on it. Task manager looks like this. there's no prmpt.

image.png

2) After starting DynDOLOD, either the wizard or advanced options window shows. When you click cancel, there will be a prompt to asking to exit, check log or restart. Does that work?

It runs normaly, promt show up ask me to exit, check log or restart. 

image.thumb.png.4f3c4f12cf10e8c8579ecbd6a309c251.png

3)See what happens if you do not select to generate Occlusion

after unchecked occlusion, running time faster, but still no prompt.

image.thumb.png.ec5eebbde1e3d8e6a37233da482100f6.png

Edited by BISOM

5 hours ago, Lageron said:

Hello to all friendly and helpful fellows of the site!

Recently i've had an issue with "Range Check Error" popping up when i try to use TexGen (64)...

It specifically happens when the program starts trying to convert trees, and at first i thought it was an issue with Seasons of Skyrim + Happy Little Trees (Yes i used the patch) that made it occur, so- I switched over to The Wildlands of Skyrim without any seasons and retried.

Same issue.

Weird thing is this worked just yesterday, i've changed tree mods, verified game files yet nothing works T-T 

Any help would be appreciated!

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

As explained on the first post use search to find similar questions and answers.

See https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-105/?do=findComment&comment=265437 and set the object bounds to 0 as explained in the replies.

2 hours ago, BISOM said:

1) When the DynDOLOD messages window shows like this, it does not react to mouse or keyboard? Can you move the scroll bar down? Is there any CPU usage in the task manager?

I can scroll and move every windows, even write on it. Task manager looks like this. there's no prmpt.

image.png

2) After starting DynDOLOD, either the wizard or advanced options window shows. When you click cancel, there will be a prompt to asking to exit, check log or restart. Does that work?

It runs normaly, promt show up ask me to exit, check log or restart. 

image.thumb.png.4f3c4f12cf10e8c8579ecbd6a309c251.png

3)See what happens if you do not select to generate Occlusion

after unchecked occlusion, running time faster, but still no prompt.

image.thumb.png.ec5eebbde1e3d8e6a37233da482100f6.png

The task manager shows DynDOLOD working and two LODGen still running as well. DynDOLOD is waiting for them to finish. Open up the LODGen windows to see what they are working on.

8 hours ago, xcal68 said:

You recently install Skyrim Extended Cut - Saints and Seducers?  It happens to me, too, but only with that mod enabled.  I tested with only that mod enabled, too.

Edit - Addressed here: 

I did, and i did as they said earlier! Thank you so much for pointing it out, this made texgen carry through with it ^_^

3 hours ago, sheson said:

The task manager shows DynDOLOD working and two LODGen still running as well. DynDOLOD is waiting for them to finish. Open up the LODGen windows to see what they are working on.

testing alpha106, still no prompt showing up

1) after everything done. window and task manager looks like this.

image.thumb.png.73d78edce9a10fd53a2d7ccd953faf6b.png

image.thumb.png.d78fe40ab8c2d0ddc4f64c49f2918c50.png

2) alpha106 debug report is here...if it can help.

3) maybe it is win11 problem? cuz i am currently lastest version of win11 and nvida game driver.

2 hours ago, BISOM said:

testing alpha106, still no prompt showing up

1) after everything done. window and task manager looks like this.

image.thumb.png.73d78edce9a10fd53a2d7ccd953faf6b.png

image.thumb.png.d78fe40ab8c2d0ddc4f64c49f2918c50.png

2) alpha106 debug report is here...if it can help.

3) maybe it is win11 problem? cuz i am currently lastest version of win11 and nvida game driver.

It is normal that you can enter text into the messages tab of xEdit/DynDOLOD.

As far as I can tell you are using the normal release version of Windows 11 and not some beta/preview, so it is most likely not the problem.

Check if there is a bugreport.txt in the same folder as the DynDOLOD exe.

Add the command line argument -autoexit to the arguments starting DynDOLOD to see if it automatically saves and zips without waiting for the prompt/input.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:32 PM, Saint_Chewy said:

I tried the provided .toml and this one also just delays the stutter for me where its right outside of Riften.

I also tested with the default .ini files without the custom .ini over the weekend and there was no change with that either. I tried without using BethINI just straight from the launcher and still stuttered. I had completely reinstalled Skyrim and also moved it to another SSD just as a test and unfortunately I received the same results.

I have two different ESM to test to see if this can be still narrowed down to something more concrete. One is 963kb (9860099 bytes) while the other is 929kb (951422 bytes).

Let me know if either makes a difference or not.

Test the plugins with that second to last papyrus test script the last toml where things happen later than "usual".

DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD.esm

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

It is normal that you can enter text into the messages tab of xEdit/DynDOLOD.

As far as I can tell you are using the normal release version of Windows 11 and not some beta/preview, so it is most likely not the problem.

Check if there is a bugreport.txt in the same folder as the DynDOLOD exe.

Add the command line argument -autoexit to the arguments starting DynDOLOD to see if it automatically saves and zips without waiting for the prompt/input.

1) Add the command line argument -autoexit to the arguments starting DynDOLOD to see if it automatically saves and zips without waiting for the prompt/input.

It worked! esp and esm has appeared in output folder, i can just zip all folder and extract in mo2.

though the program didn't auto closed, it just freeze like it used to do, need to alt+f4 to force close.(have wait 15 mimutes already, show no reponsing.)

just let you know.

going to test in game, very appreciate.

image.thumb.png.b9941bed09372174b9a8df2c67b8bfe5.pngimage.thumb.png.3430d47c0c8076cf98440cc66e9e7ca1.png

image.thumb.png.e901b3a45166e094130b2882bb5e2dff.pngimage.thumb.png.3a18b6538387a75e5429ad55963d54e0.pngimage.thumb.png.c83f1af179cd33d5fdc3141fc49a5d01.png

27 minutes ago, BISOM said:

1) Add the command line argument -autoexit to the arguments starting DynDOLOD to see if it automatically saves and zips without waiting for the prompt/input.

It worked! esp and esm has appeared in output folder, i can just zip all folder and extract in mo2.

though the program didn't auto closed, it just freeze like it used to do, need to alt+f4 to force close.(have wait 15 mimutes already, show no reponsing.)

just let you know.

going to test in game, very appreciate.

image.thumb.png.b9941bed09372174b9a8df2c67b8bfe5.pngimage.thumb.png.3430d47c0c8076cf98440cc66e9e7ca1.png

image.thumb.png.e901b3a45166e094130b2882bb5e2dff.pngimage.thumb.png.3a18b6538387a75e5429ad55963d54e0.pngimage.thumb.png.c83f1af179cd33d5fdc3141fc49a5d01.png

Upload the debug log for that please. Doublecheck if there is a bugreport.txt in the same folder as DynDOLOD.exe.

Check if there is a zip file in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\*.zip

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Upload the debug log for that please. Doublecheck if there is a bugreport.txt in the same folder as DynDOLOD.exe.

Check if there is a zip file in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\*.zip

Sure, will upload tmrw