DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Hi there report a situation(Alpha105).

Dyndolodx64.exe stuck at finished.

Log page pop up but the "exit and zip&save" window didn't. program just freezed and no respoding.

after force close, dyndolod output folder has no dyndolod.esp, dyndolod.esm, and occlusion.esp file, but with mesh, skse, and textures.

previous version is just fine.

1 hour ago, BISOM said:

Hi there report a situation(Alpha105).

Dyndolodx64.exe stuck at finished.

Log page pop up but the "exit and zip&save" window didn't. program just freezed and no respoding.

after force close, dyndolod output folder has no dyndolod.esp, dyndolod.esm, and occlusion.esp file, but with mesh, skse, and textures.

previous version is just fine.

Read the first post which log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

Saving plugins and zipping the output can take a while, so be patient. If it truly gets stuck at saving or zipping, make sure that Windows UAC, antvir etc. are not interfering.

Make sure there are no old plugins or zip files in the output that might prevent saving the newer files. It is best if the output folder is empty.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

Saving plugins and zipping the output can take a while, so be patient. If it truly gets stuck at saving or zipping, make sure that Windows UAC, antvir etc. are not interfering.

Make sure there are no old plugins or zip files in the output that might prevent saving the newer files. It is best if the output folder is empty.

Thanks for reply!

I have checked Windows UAC, antvir etc, and close everything might effect dyndolod

and..sadly problems still there...

bugreport.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt doesn't exist, DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log is about 270MB....can't upload (lol)

btw, the last log i saw is 

"Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked"

forced exit dyndolod, it show very quick

"abort saving DynDoLOD.esm : Operation aborted"

#I'm on win11 

thanks for your time!

11 minutes ago, BISOM said:

Thanks for reply!

I have checked Windows UAC, antvir etc, and close everything might effect dyndolod

and..sadly problems still there...

bugreport.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt doesn't exist, DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log is about 270MB....can't upload (lol)

btw, the last log i saw is 

"Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked"

forced exit dyndolod, it show very quick

"abort saving DynDoLOD.esm : Operation aborted"

#I'm on win11 

thanks for your time!

Use a file service for large log files as explained on the first post and in my signature.

It seems likely that something blocks files access, which prevents the xEdit code from completing saving the plugins.

If the user aborts something by exiting, it is normal for the log to show that in the log.

22 minutes ago, BISOM said:

Thanks!

Log report File has upload here

meanwhile i tried run dyndolod 3 times, but zip&save windows still didn't show up:crying:

Thanks a lot, i have used Dyndolod about 5 years, first time speak to author directly, very glad.

The debug log shows save message prompt showed and then some problems while saving. Which means the program just stopped afterwards same as "check logs" and waits for user to close.

Are you saying when you try again it now does not reach the prompt anymore and even stops before that?

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC, antivir etc.

Restart Windows. Delete both the output and the log folder (or delete entire DynDOLOD folder and unpack it again anew) and run again.

If problem persists upload new logs and double check the same folder where DynDOLOD exe is for a bugreport.txt.
Then delete log folder again and test if there is anything different generating without Seasons checked. If error still persists upload those log files as well.

In case it does not close itself because of a problem, only click the X top right once and then wait a bit, so it has time to save the log files.

sorry for dont know how to reply discussion thread:amazed:.

(1)does not reach the prompt anymore and even stops before that? 

yes, DynDOLOD Summary Of Messages do has pop up as chorme, but the prompt didn't show up.(screenshot below)

(2)Do not install the game into special Windows folders

my dyndolod folder is at  C:\Modding\DynDOLOD

(3)Restart Windows. Delete both the output and the log folder (or delete entire DynDOLOD folder and unpack it again anew) and run again.

I have did it multiple times(haha)

(4)generating without Seasons checked

OK, let me try it.

(5)In case it does not close itself because of a problem, only click the X top right once and then wait a bit, so it has time to save the log files.

window will turn white and no responding 

Screenshot 2022-11-11 231849.png

5 minutes ago, BISOM said:

sorry for dont know how to reply discussion thread:amazed:.

(1)does not reach the prompt anymore and even stops before that? 

yes, DynDOLOD Summary Of Messages do has pop up as chorme, but the prompt didn't show up.(screenshot below)

(2)Do not install the game into special Windows folders

my dyndolod folder is at  C:\Modding\DynDOLOD

(3)Restart Windows. Delete both the output and the log folder (or delete entire DynDOLOD folder and unpack it again anew) and run again.

I have did it multiple times(haha)

(4)generating without Seasons checked

OK, let me try it.

(5)In case it does not close itself because of a problem, only click the X top right once and then wait a bit, so it has time to save the log files.

window will turn white and no responding 

Screenshot 2022-11-11 231849.png

1) How do you make a screenshot of the prompt if it does not show up?
If it does not show up, how did the debug log record "Save DynDOLOD plugins, save plugins and zip output, exit DynDOLOD without saving, check the log? If 'Check log' is selected, the DynDOLOD plugins will be saved and the log can be checked." and then trying to save the plugins?

2) The "game" does not mean DynDOLOD, it means Skyrim Special Edition.

5) Wait. Check if it uses CPU in task manager.

1) I screenshot the youtube video by GamerPoets :psyduck:

2) game folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

5) doing right now, very thanks for your patient.

btw

the same problem has occured when finished TexGenx64, but after I cleaned the esp which logs tell me to. the prompt shows up, and TexGen Summary Of Messages didn't.

but the error and warning of Dyndolod is too many...I think I can't fix they all.

image.png

7 minutes ago, BISOM said:

1) I screenshot the youtube video by GamerPoets :psyduck:

2) game folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

5) doing right now, very thanks for your patient.

btw

the same problem has occured when finished TexGenx64, but after I cleaned the esp which logs tell me to. the prompt shows up, and TexGen Summary Of Messages didn't.

but the error and warning of Dyndolod is too many...I think I can't fix they all.

image.png

1) do not post screenshots/information from other people that do not show your problem. We know how things are supposed to look.

2) Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC, antivir, etc.

What problems did you have in TexGen that you fixed? Upload the log and debug log as explained on the first post.
There must have been an error that actually stopped the program with a proper message?
The summary only shows if there are certain error or warnings that need fixing or review or for reverse checking in case a problem is noticed in the game.

4 minutes ago, sheson said:

1) do not post screenshots/information from other people that do not show your problem

2) Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC, antivir, etc.

What problems did you have in TexGen that you fixed? Upload the log and debug log as explained on the first post.
There must have been an error that actually stopped the program with a proper message?
The summary only shows if there are certain error or warnings that need fixing or actual review or for reverse checking in case a problem is noticed in the game.

1) Same problem as Dyndolod had occured,The summary pops up but prompts didn't.

I fix the problems by cleaning the esp which summary tells me to, i believe is COTN notice board,jk Skyrim patch, and run TexGenx64 again, then it fixed! prompt show up ask me to zip and exit. TexGen logs here

2) I have reinstall Dyndolod 3 alpha 105, uncheck seasons and run dyndolod again, but...sorry promps still didn't show up. the logs are all here

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

image.thumb.png.5d4137e8456cf3c8b8d587620fff89aa.pngimage.thumb.png.258e85941ecc983642313678e397f00f.pngimage.thumb.png.3c69ba6f4a94e39c2ca05e42cd2b2098.png

43 minutes ago, BISOM said:

1) Same problem as Dyndolod had occured,The summary pops up but prompts didn't.

I fix the problems by cleaning the esp which summary tells me to, i believe is COTN notice board,jk Skyrim patch, and run TexGenx64 again, then it fixed! prompt show up ask me to zip and exit. TexGen logs here

2) I have reinstall Dyndolod 3 alpha 105, uncheck seasons and run dyndolod again, but...sorry promps still didn't show up. the logs are all here

The TexGen log seems to be from a session after the problem was fixed. I was interested in the logs where you had a problem and claimed it was the same as you have now in DynDOLOD.

The DynDOLOD log again shows that the save message was sent to the OS to make the prompt. Maybe the OS decided to hide the save prompt behind the messages log window or off screen even though it is supposed to be always in front of the messages window. If not other windows has focus you could try just hitting enter so it selects the "save" option.
You should be able to to minimize/maximize or move the message log window - if the buttons top right or the cow icon top left do not work, try shift + right click on the task bar icon to get menu with the minimize/maximize. Otherwise try alt tab between different programs. If all fails, use the task bar right click "show desktop" to minimize all windows and then click DynDOLOD in the task bar again to maximize it. If the prompt is still not visible, right click task bar again and choose one of cascade windows/show windows stacked/show windows side by side. If the save prompt exists anywhere it should show up eventually.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

The TexGen log seems to be from a session after the problem was fixed. I was interested in the logs where you had a problem and claimed it was the same as you have now in DynDOLOD.

The DynDOLOD log again shows that the save message was sent to the OS to make the prompt. Maybe the OS decided to hide the save prompt behind the messages log window or off screen even though it is supposed to be always in front of the messages window. If not other windows has focus you could try just hitting enter so it selects the "save" option.
You should be able to to minimize/maxmize or move the message log window - if the buttons top right or the cow icon top left do not work, try shift + right click on the task bar icon to get menu with the minimize/maximize. Otherwise try alt tab between different programs. If all fails, use the task bat right click "show desktop" to minimize all windows and then click DynDOLOD in the task bar again to maximize it. If the prompt is still not visible, right click task bar again and choose one of cascade windows/show windows stacked/show windows side by side. If the save prompt exists anywhere it should show up eventually.

Thanks for the reply

the prompt window is not around, I have tried those ways to find the window. and the sound has no appear either. (the first sound effect of this video, cuz I ran TexGen again, and the prompt shows up with this sound effect) 

About the TexGen failed log, I can't recall what esp I have cleaned. I think there are more than one esp.

Thank for your help! It's okay!

4 minutes ago, BISOM said:

Thanks for the reply

the prompt window is not around, I have tried those ways to find the window. and the sound has no appear either. (the first sound effect of this video, cuz I ran TexGen again, and the prompt shows up with this sound effect) 

About the TexGen failed log, I can't recall what esp I have cleaned. I think there are more than one esp.

Thank for your help! It's okay!

Do you get the Exit, check log, restart prompt when using the cancel button on the wizard/advanced window?

See if there is anything different after deleting the Themes folder and running DynDOLOD then.

35 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do you get the Exit, check log, restart prompt when using the cancel button on the wizard/advanced window?

See if there is anything different after deleting the Themes folder and running DynDOLOD then.

1) Do you get the Exit, check log, restart prompt when using the cancel button on the wizard/advanced window?

sorry i'm not quiet understand this.

2) TexGen prompt is just look like this. Like every time I did past few years.

image.thumb.png.6c197f2769503ad4d24590b782b1c51b.png

3) deleted the theme folder and run Dyndolod again

failed. prompt didn't show up.

image.thumb.png.c92a66cb264931cd7c935c05f87eb408.png

Edited by BISOM