Increasing the Render View Distance?

53 minutes ago, mooit said:

4th screen shot up is MO2 with xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD installed.

Your screenshot does NOT display DynDOLOD.esm in the load order, from the archive, so it is not installed correctly according to the screenshot.

36 minutes ago, mooit said:

By the way, the TexGen archive is 72mb big, not sure if this size is normal?

I think I might of found the problem if I don't need a /Data directory for the grass cache.

Here it mentions Veydosebrom Regions.esp in TexGen_SSE_log;

Veydosebrom Regions.esp VEY_HIGHLAND_LReachMoss01_Flower03 [GRAS:2452D5C6]
[00:19]     Creating billboard C:\DynDOLOD3\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\veydosebrom regions.esp\marshgrass02_003b1a42 with Meshes\landscape\grass\marshgrass02.nif Veydosebrom Regions.esp VEY_MARSH_LFrozenMarshLichen01NoGrass_Grass02 [GRAS:243B1A42]

I used Veydosebrom before, but I uninstalled it from MO2, so I don't get how/why this is happening.

Looking through the TexGen_SSE_log it says it's loading resources for a lot of mods I uninstalled. I'll delete the DynDOLOD directory and install it back and start it all clean over and see what it does...

Hmm 

I believe Verdant includes some grasses from Veydosebrom.

This listed it as .esp Veydosebrom Regions.esp

It also mentioned other mods too, anyhow, I deleted DynDOLOD, going to start it fresh and recreate the grass cache.

What a day... LOL

THANKS

Edited by mooit

5 hours ago, mooit said:

I have read the guide(s) and I set Bethini according to it, I also set Bethini later to Ultra.

So the question is, according to what z929669 just mentioned, the Verdant grass should be rendered in these distances that appear green in the screen shots?

In the meantime I'll just crank all these settings for the View Distance Level 4, 8, 16 to their max and the Tree far-off distance to the max. By the way, the Tree far-off distance according the guide sets this at 0, I assumed, because DynDOLOD, took care of this?

THANKS

P.S. I set the View Distance Level 4, 8, 16 to their max and the Tree far-off distance to their max and it did nothing. :(

In the NGIO GrassControl.conf I put these settings, so they wouldn't overewrite the Skyrim ini settings.

Here's my NGIO GrassControl.conf

Did you read my post about grass object bounds? You did not mention this in your response. You only seem to have acknowledged what I mentioned about BethINI.

Does Verdant have object bounds defined for its grasses? From the post I linked:

the object bounds and to recalc them is explained in this thread and in the included documentation.

... so if you follow the Grass LOD Guide, you will get grass LOD. If you don't then you are either not following the instructions properly, or you are using grass mods that don't define object bounds.

Try using Cathedral Landscapes for testing purposes or Google how to get LOD working for Verdant and whatever other grass mods you are using.

Ahh sorry I overlooked you mentioning 'object bounds'... hmm

Ok I'll Google around for Verdant object bound dyndolod etc...

The Verdant nexusmods page says this about object bounds;
--------------
UPDATE FOR 1.8 - Updated all Object Bounds records so verdant can be generated successfully for No Grass in Objects/Dyndolod 3.0. If you're using the ESP version, just update. If you're using the ESPFE, also update! If you're starting a new game, use the ESPFE!
--------------

It also mentions under the Soft Requirements;
------------------
No Grass in Objects  - fixes grass clipping through objects and can be used to generate long-distance grasses! Amazing!
------------------

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2296

I'll try and test this with  Cathedral Landscapes.

I went back and deleted  the xLODGen, and DynDOLOD directories and put them back new, then created my grass cache over, right clicked 'overwrite' and added in Grass Cache as a mod, then ran xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD.

One thing for me to be clear/understanding of, I assume, if DynDOLOD shows the Grass LOD section not grayed out, then everything has been correctly done to create the LODs?

So here's a slight run down of everything again.

Here's the FileTree of the Grass Cache mode after right clicking overwrite and adding it as a mod to MO2.

GrassMod.thumb.jpg.48d53c3f2cb9843fc4dc839dbf32d28a.jpg

The Grass Cache mod installed, showing the .cgid and .gid

grass.thumb.jpg.12fe006495e6604e6ba0b66be1ca0d1d.jpg

Here's DynDOLD, after deleting it and starting it all clean, and creating my grass cache over, it shows the Grass LOD section is not grayed out.

GrassLod.thumb.jpg.6e87e86a524113c82eae45a322c8d264.jpg

Here's the contents of the DynDOLOD archive after running DynDOLOD.

DynDOLOD3_archive.thumb.jpg.0d55344dc8ee638b1e5f04ff2aea99fd.jpg

Here's DynDOLOD3 installed in MO2.

DynDOLOD3.thumb.jpg.2092e68af1b000453f8325539d1f5ab3.jpg

P.S. Do I keep Grass Cache Fixes enabled in MO2 when playing SSE?

Edited by mooit

33 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The answer is in the Nexus description for this mod. I had posted it for you elsewhere previously.

I remember that I had to disable it for creating the grass cache, but I don't even recall asking about it when playing the game, sorry if this was discussed before.

I read the entire thing, I must be going blind... LOL :P

There is no mention of anything, it simply states to install it.

Grass Cache Fixes at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

P.S.

Oh, I forgot to post, DynDOLOD also showed up in MCM as active. :)

DynDOLOD_MCM.thumb.jpg.0a9694ecd11d311988c20654bd250425.jpg

Edited by mooit

29 minutes ago, mooit said:

I remember that I had to disable it for creating the grass cache, but I don't even recall asking about it when playing the game, sorry if this was discussed before.

Since you are using NGIO, Grass Cache Fixes is unnecessary. 

27 minutes ago, mooit said:

Looks like someone else had this same problem before, but I don't understand what sheson means... :/

Will DynDOLOD Help with Verdant Grass Plugin - DynDOLOD & xLODGen Support - Step Modifications | Change The Game

THANKS

P.S. Ok on Grass Cache Fixes...

That post you quote is from over two years ago, before Grass LOD was possible.

35 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Perhaps you should ask reddit then? How is this relevant?

I'm only saying, that it looks like someone else is having the same issue is all.

THANKS

P.S. Going to go test with Cathedral Landscapes

Edited by mooit

YEAH, I have grass in the distance! :)

So something is going on with Verdant not working... hmm 

There's one last thing I'm trying to figure out. in this screen shot, I placed 2 green circles, up to these points, the grass is brown, since I picked the Brown Tundra for Cathedral Landscape, but beyond these green circles the grass in the distance has a green hue to it.

Grass_1.thumb.jpg.bd37481b8bda57604ff9fc33a3c738f6.jpg

Here's a screen shot with the mountains closer to Whiterun, and the grass in the further distance, which is closer, is also greener looking too. These green areas, are also the spots when I was trying to use Verdant, that appeared just flat green.

Grass_2.thumb.jpg.9c7de90996db8c8908a8344171801ae3.jpg

I don't get why all of this isn't looking brown?

THANKS

Edited by mooit