Dear Diary Dark Mode - SkyUI Menus Replacer SE (by uranreactor)

Pug

6 hours ago, Mousetick said:

In that case DDDM fonts are not used and won't be seen in-game. In that case they don't need to be installed and can be skipped in the FOMOD, because they're not used.

I think this is the best solution then, since FO fonts have already been 'accepted'. I will mess with it though, because the console font in FO isn't a monospaced font, which is conterintuitive ... and I've been nagged by that for a while. Still lots of testing to do, so my first priority will be to determine the general look/feel of DDDM. So far, I vastly prefer it, but need inputs from others. It may be a while :)

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

I think this is the best solution then, since FO fonts have already been 'accepted'.

Right.

I will mess with it though, because the console font in FO isn't a monospaced font, which is conterintuitive ... and I've been nagged by that for a while.

It's not a big deal for STEP users IMHO. But you could use DDDM console font for your own setup. As you said it's monospace, but it has also a lot other small tweaks for better legibility of computer code-like text, such as slashed zeroes to distinguish from capital o:

0 vs. O

DDDM console font is Windows' built-in Consolas font converted to SWF format for SSE.

If you want to use it for your own setup:

• Copy Font Overhaul's interface\fontconfig.txt to your personal config mod folder.
  • Edit as follows:

image.png

So far, I vastly prefer it, but need inputs from others.

There are "reskins" of DDDM that may be more appealing to a broader (and younger?) user base:

I don't like any of them, but I think the last one is the highest quality and best looking.

• 1 month later...

Just installed this and Oxygen Meter 2 (skipped the rest of the suggested at this point). And i love it!

It really makes the game feel fresh, yet very Elder Scrolls. For my very old eyes it also helps a lot with readability.

(I also use "Dot Crosshair - With Sneak Eye - Small Compass" and it works fine.)

6 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Just installed this and Oxygen Meter 2 (skipped the rest of the suggested at this point). And i love it!

It really makes the game feel fresh, yet very Elder Scrolls. For my very old eyes it also helps a lot with readability.

(I also use "Dot Crosshair - With Sneak Eye - Small Compass" and it works fine.)

It's even better with UI Extensions and the other bells and whistles associated with the FOMOD options I have on the wiki right now. The other UI-related mods in testing are also working nicely with this.

19 hours ago, z929669 said:

It's even better with UI Extensions and the other bells and whistles associated with the FOMOD options I have on the wiki right now. The other UI-related mods in testing are also working nicely with this.

Will look at those.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

OP updated with the configuration I'm using, listing the related mod topic links complete with wiki instructions for each using the Wiki links from the mod topic OPs.

Anyone wanting to test this interface, please post your feedback.

Installed it (forgot to extract the BSA for UIExtensions first so i had a CTD). Looks very nice. Will take some time to get used to QuickLoot and the Compass.

I shall venture to test this setup, minus QuickLoot and Oxygen Meter, because I tried them before and I am not a fan of those mods.

I already had most of these mods installed, with the exception of Extended UI and SkyHUD.

As far as fonts go, I always use Sovngarde Light as my main replacer in combination with Font Overhaul, simply because I like it better.

Question though about SkyHUD: how do we set it up? Just download and install without customisation in the config file?

5 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Installed it (forgot to extract the BSA for UIExtensions first so i had a CTD). Looks very nice. Will take some time to get used to QuickLoot and the Compass.

Odd. I never had to extract the BSA of UIExtensions and I have been using it since it came out basically. Maybe something else caused the CTD? In any case, it doesn't really matter since it works for you now. I just found it odd.

10 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

As far as fonts go, I always use Sovngarde Light as my main replacer in combination with Font Overhaul, simply because I like it better.

Question though about SkyHUD: how do we set it up? Just download and install without customisation in the config file?

Odd. I never had to extract the BSA of UIExtensions and I have been using it since it came out basically. Maybe something else caused the CTD? In any case, it doesn't really matter since it works for you now. I just found it odd.

Step overrides DDDM fonts with Font Overhaul 

See SkyHUD mod topic

EDIT: Extended UI is the LE mod with the BSA. Then you may have a repacked BSA. The LE BSA will cause problems, so MO should automatically prompt for BSA extraction.

All instructions are on the Wiki mod pages linked in the OP of each mod topic. Also see the mod topic posts for more info.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/5/2023 at 3:01 PM, Mousetick said:

Whose dev? The patch above was made by a 3rd-party, it's just a SWF file that makes the current CNO compass styled like DDDM. It's just a "reskin". That 3rd-party has no control over CoMAP or CNO.

The current issue between CoMAP 4.0+ and CNO can only be dealt with by CoMAP and CNO devs. Apparently it involves DLL code-level changes on both sides, not SWF-related. There is a 'Temporary Workaround' on the CoMAP download page, that simply reverts CoMAP to 3.4.2 so CNO works again. That issue doesn't involve DDDM at all.

Once the CoMAP/CNO issue is resolved, a new compass SWF patch with DDDM "skin" may be needed, or not. We'll see.

If you don't want to use the CoMAP temporary workaround/downgrade, then simply don't use CNO at all. In which case the patch above is irrelevant.

Just adding a reminder for myself to retest now that CoMAP has been updated with Compass Navigation Overhaul (2.2.0+) compatibility.