v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

Thanks for the Guide 

Now i am finish the modlist but without dyndolod :)

Still try to work it out Wet and Cold with Survival mode because i get random game freeze with those two installed and enable

The survival mode is quit good but missing a lot of features like Wet cold , Frost fall , and camp fire

Try to add those but cause a lot bugs especially Wet and Cold

In the ENB Preset Installation section, I'm instructed to:

1. Download the Step SkyrimSE ENB Preset from the Step SkyrimSE Nexus page
  2. Open the archive and extract the contents of the Core folder to the SkyrimSE root directory

None of the three ENB preset archives have a "Core" folder. Also, I'm puzzled: I'd just finished extracting the contents of the ENB preset archive into Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data. Why would I install the ENB preset a second time? I may just be misunderstanding.

Either way, that Core folder is missing. Help, please? :)

On 3/17/2022 at 12:06 AM, Supomo said:

Thanks for the Guide 

Now i am finish the modlist but without dyndolod :)

Still try to work it out Wet and Cold with Survival mode because i get random game freeze with those two installed and enable

The survival mode is quit good but missing a lot of features like Wet cold , Frost fall , and camp fire

Try to add those but cause a lot bugs especially Wet and Cold

Without DynDOLOD? You'll be missing all good distance LODs. You want even have tree LOD.

W&C is broken with Survival Mode. The mod was dropped because it's in a state that I (who manages the mod) don't even run it. My scripting skills are not what they need to be to be able to easily fix it, but I believe there is likely a better way to accomplishing what W&C does without being so script heavy. I'm simply not skilled enough to fix it right now.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:59 AM, Spigotron said:

In the ENB Preset Installation section, I'm instructed to:

1. Download the Step SkyrimSE ENB Preset from the Step SkyrimSE Nexus page
  2. Open the archive and extract the contents of the Core folder to the SkyrimSE root directory

None of the three ENB preset archives have a "Core" folder. Also, I'm puzzled: I'd just finished extracting the contents of the ENB preset archive into Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data. Why would I install the ENB preset a second time? I may just be misunderstanding.

Either way, that Core folder is missing. Help, please? :)

I fixed this. Just need to extract the contents to the root directory.

On 3/15/2022 at 11:41 AM, easyrider1988 said:

Open Wrye Bash from MO2, right click on CR Patch and select Create Dummy ESPs. Close Wrye Bash (don't clear the Overwrite), make sure the created dummies are selected and open CR Patch in xEdit. Delete records with errors

Can you filter for records with errors?

56 minutes ago, elenhil said:

Can you filter for records with errors?

Not that I know, but you can get the list of records with errors: in xEdit, right-click on the plugin in the list and select 'Check for Errors' in the menu. You can then enter the Form ID of a  record with errors in the search box in the top left corner to quickly jump to that record.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

You can then enter the Form ID of a  record with errors in the search box in the top left corner to quickly jump to that record.

Or just Ctrl + double-click on the FormID in the report.

Example from Enderal SE and SMIM, CTRL + double-click on the selected record:

Error.thumb.png.3539a7c0618ea72fe9a5dba0e1b48124.png

• Thanks 2

Having completed your guide and played a few hours I must say WOW! Great work. Visually very nice and especially the new LOD - Great. And it runs quit smoothly even on my old system (3770K - 1070 Ti). Around 60 fps in FullHD with your heavy ENB and 70-80 fps without ENB in QHD. I have been really astonished, because I have never before thought about playing Skyrim with an ENB on my old system. And your guide is quite VRAM friendly too. Making CCO and CACO optional is a very good choice. I don't like CACO at all. It really is a great mod but in vanilla skyrim food is from my point of view useless.

One remark on your ENB preset. For my taste contrast is too high. Areas in the shadow are nearly pitch black even in  full sunlight (81A). I was barley able to see Alvor working at his sharpening wheel or see the door of the riverwood trader from the entrance to riverwood. I think in full daylight that is not very realistic.

What I would love to see in your guide is a UI-mod like Dear Diary Dark Mode (Text - warm colors) combined with skyHUD.

But thanks again. In will now start my first AE playthrough with your guide installed.

What I wondered with your old guides and this one too, is why you do not refer to the version of the mods used in your guide. You define a certain sequence for the mods as well as hide meshes an textures. If a mod author makes bigger changes in a mod of your guide I think your guide would break, wouldn't it?

Though why do you not refer to a certain version of a mod?

1 hour ago, Pug said:

It really is a great mod but in vanilla skyrim food is from my point of view useless.

One remark on your ENB preset. For my taste contrast is too high. Areas in the shadow are nearly pitch black even in  full sunlight (81A). I was barley able to see Alvor working at his sharpening wheel or see the door of the riverwood trader from the entrance to riverwood. I think in full daylight that is not very realistic.

What I would love to see in your guide is a UI-mod like Dear Diary Dark Mode (Text - warm colors) combined with skyHUD.

But thanks again. In will now start my first AE playthrough with your guide installed.

I agree. Unless you're in Survival Mode and have to eat, it's food is fairly useless.

Per the ENB, make sure your game settings for brightness, contrast, etc. are all in the middle. Next step would be to try to properly calibrate your monitor. I use a IPS monitor with colors that are very accurate (not $800 designer monitor accurate, but more accurate than most LCDs) and the colors are good. Nothing is clipped black or white. Note that the shadows produced from ELVaS are darker than normal and we're still balancing this out as we go. The next update should address some more of this so be sure you're tracking the mod page, if you're not. Another update should be out soon.

For mod suggestions, see the Mods forum and use the "Create Mod Topic" button on the new top:
Ckeditor-modtopic.JPG

49 minutes ago, Pug said:

What I wondered with your old guides and this one too, is why you do not refer to the version of the mods used in your guide. You define a certain sequence for the mods as well as hide meshes an textures. If a mod author makes bigger changes in a mod of your guide I think your guide would break, wouldn't it?

Though why do you not refer to a certain version of a mod?

Very rarely will a mod update break our guides. We try to always support the latest versions of mods, which is some unique from other Guides that are version locked to specific versions of mods until the entire Guide updates. However if we ever run into something that breaks, we typically take care of the issue within a couple of days by either updating wiki mod pages or guide instructions and/or the guide Patches. You can see changes to the live guides on the changelog under Post-Release Changes (changelog links are at the top of the guides).

24 minutes ago, Supomo said:

I added some new animation mods and change the enb because step enb not very good when focusing characters.

Now I will try to add or change some of the textures mods that is not good, outdated or not optimize.

FB_IMG_1647471660786.jpg

Yeah, the default DOF is not that great and we don't have an alternative one installed at this point. We're still waiting for permissions to include some shader stuff from other authors (since we don't do shader coding).

24 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, the default DOF is not that great and we don't have an alternative one installed at this point. We're still waiting for permissions to include some shader stuff from other authors (since we don't do shader coding).

But our goal is not for screen archers doing selfies, so DoF is not applicable to Step

40 minutes ago, Supomo said:

Now I will try to add or change some of the textures mods that is not good, outdated or not optimize.

What texturess are "not good"?

Also, the DoF with our ENB is Boiris'. It's not the limited DoF from the game. Just enable it in the ENB preset and play with the two DoF settings to modify that. DoF is good in Boris' ENB. no fancy shaders or fx needed for that, IMO.

20 minutes ago, z929669 said:

But our goal is not for screen archers doing selfies, so DoF is not applicable to Step

What texturess are "not good"?

SRO in my opinion is outdated and not well optimize.

Some have 4K but the looks is not good.

I think I'm gonna add cave and mines texture.

• Like 1