MO - Troubleshooting SKSE Incompatible Mods

SalemMurders

Question

My SKSE launches correctly through MO2 but whenever I check to see if my mods are enabled, they're all disabled. None of the files are in an UAC-controlled file. I also made sure MO2 is not installed in Skyrim or Steam's folders. I always run MO2 as administrator as well.

Edit: Some additional info. Both the Steam folder and the MO2 folder are on the same drive. Whenever I open a new profile, SKSE loads all the enabled mods without issue.

17 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Again, they aren't disabled unless they are unticked mods in the MO left pane. Does the SKSE error like the one you posted previously come up?

What is the issue now?

LOOT errors are reported at the top of the window when running LOOT. Just screen/paste that into response as with the SKSE error.

The SKSE error doesn't show up anymore. The issue is still the same, whenever I run SKSE.exe, all my mods are disabled and re-enabling them one-by-one in game causes a CTD.

There are no LOOT errors showing up. It just says you have the latest version of Skyrim, SKSE, and remember to run FNIS everytime you install or uninstall a FNIS-based mod.

22 minutes ago, SalemMurders said:

The SKSE error doesn't show up anymore. The issue is still the same, whenever I run SKSE.exe, all my mods are disabled and re-enabling them one-by-one in game causes a CTD.

There are no LOOT errors showing up. It just says you have the latest version of Skyrim, SKSE, and remember to run FNIS everytime you install or uninstall a FNIS-based mod.

Disable all but SKSE mods and see if that works. Then reenable half of the others, check again. Do this iteratively in blocks until you narrow it down to the single plugin causing the issue.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Disable all but SKSE mods and see if that works. Then reenable half of the others, check again. Do this iteratively in blocks until you narrow it down to the single plugin causing the issue.

Okay so I made a new profile to troubleshoot this in, and all the plugins loaded in without any issue after an hour of troubleshooting. I think now it has to do with my main profile. Maybe it's something to do with the .INI settings?

1 hour ago, SalemMurders said:

Okay so I made a new profile to troubleshoot this in, and all the plugins loaded in without any issue after an hour of troubleshooting. I think now it has to do with my main profile. Maybe it's something to do with the .INI settings?

It sounds like you need to rebuild your environment, including INI settings. Start with the Setup Guide, and then BethINI setup. If you go through this process from scratch. all will be fixed.

It's quite difficult to provide you with relevant guidance and suggestions because your descriptions are too vague and confusing.

7 hours ago, SalemMurders said:

Whenever I navigate to the mods tab, all of them are still disabled.

Which "mods tab" are you referring to? Where is it?

4 hours ago, SalemMurders said:

The issue is still the same, whenever I run SKSE.exe, all my mods are disabled and re-enabling them one-by-one in game causes a CTD.

Where exactly are you seeing that your mods are disabled? How can you disable and re-enable mods "in game"? When exactly does the game crash?

No offense but these descriptions make no sense in the context of using MO2 and Skyrim and SKSE. You may have a simple problem that's easy to solve, if only we could understand how your game is set up, what you're doing and seeing where, and precisely what's happening as a result of your actions, so we could identify the issue.

Lacking any specific actionable information, the best advice we can offer is to reinstall everything from scratch and hope for the best.

• +1 1

35 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

It's quite difficult to provide you with relevant guidance and suggestions because your descriptions are too vague and confusing.

Which "mods tab" are you referring to? Where is it?

Where exactly are you seeing that your mods are disabled? How can you disable and re-enable mods "in game"? When exactly does the game crash?

No offense but these descriptions make no sense in the context of using MO2 and Skyrim and SKSE. You may have a simple problem that's easy to solve, if only we could understand how your game is set up, what you're doing and seeing where, and precisely what's happening as a result of your actions, so we could identify the issue.

Lacking any specific actionable information, the best advice we can offer is to reinstall everything from scratch and hope for the best.

When you first start the game, one of the options is to view currently enabled plugins and the load order. You can enable and disable the plugins from there. When you back out, Skyrim displays a message saying "the game needs to reload to save the changes you made to the load order." That's usually when it crashes.

I did manage to solve the problem though by rebuilding my environment as you and z929669 suggested. Thank you both for the help.

Inkedd9c0049187748d09ec646d9f4431175d_LI.jpg

54 minutes ago, SalemMurders said:

When you first start the game, one of the options is to view currently enabled plugins and the load order. You can enable and disable the plugins from there. When you back out, Skyrim displays a message saying "the game needs to reload to save the changes you made to the load order." That's usually when it crashes.

I'd been wondering if this was what you were referring to, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

You should never use this option when using an external mod manager like MO2. If you use MO2 to manage mods, use it exclusively and forget about the in-game option, ignore it completely. They are not compatible and are fighting each other. No wonder the game crashes as a result.

Moreover, the in-game Mods option only supports standard *.esp plugins. It doesn't know anything about SKSE plugins and other types of mods.

• +1 1

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

:wallbash::doh:

NOW I get it ... yes, never use these game 'features' ... that's the problem. This is a console hack I think

Thank you both very much for all the help. I only used that menu because I used to play on console prior to switching to PC.

3 hours ago, Wolsten said:

Can anyone help me with this?

image.thumb.png.7d339fa846a00a8729dbc642bc8a4975.png

Just what the error says. You need the correct version of the Address Lib mod for your version of the game/SKSE. You should check all of your SKSE mods to ensure you have proper versions of all of them for the version of the game you are running. Anyway, this is not the right topic.

Read through this topic: