Jump to content
  • 0
SalemMurders

MO - Troubleshooting SKSE Incompatible Mods

Question

My SKSE launches correctly through MO2 but whenever I check to see if my mods are enabled, they're all disabled. None of the files are in an UAC-controlled file. I also made sure MO2 is not installed in Skyrim or Steam's folders. I always run MO2 as administrator as well.

 

Edit: Some additional info. Both the Steam folder and the MO2 folder are on the same drive. Whenever I open a new profile, SKSE loads all the enabled mods without issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

This is posed as an SKSE question, but you are also speaking about MO (which should not be run as administrator, as it causes all kinds of other issues).

Also, I don't know what you mean by SKSE not enabling mods. Can you explain what you mean? Mods are 'enabled' via MO. SKSE runtime mods execute at runtime via SKSE.

Moved to MO support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think SalemMurders may be saying that the plugins are not seen by the game (e.g. usvfs isn't working).

  • Do not install Mod Organizer in the Steam folders or in the game folders. This is known to cause issues.
  • Do not run Mod Organizer as an administrator. This is known to cause issues.
  • Verify all plugins are checked in the right pane.
  • Temporarily disable antivirus. If this works, try adding an exception for ModOrganizer.exe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, z929669 said:

This is posed as an SKSE question, but you are also speaking about MO (which should not be run as administrator, as it causes all kinds of other issues).

Also, I don't know what you mean by SKSE not enabling mods. Can you explain what you mean? Mods are 'enabled' via MO. SKSE runtime mods execute at runtime via SKSE.

Moved to MO support.

I realized I posted in the wrong board shortly after I posted this. Thank you for correcting my mistake.

 

11 hours ago, Greg said:

I think SalemMurders may be saying that the plugins are not seen by the game (e.g. usvfs isn't working).

  • Do not install Mod Organizer in the Steam folders or in the game folders. This is known to cause issues.
  • Do not run Mod Organizer as an administrator. This is known to cause issues.
  • Verify all plugins are checked in the right pane.
  • Temporarily disable antivirus. If this works, try adding an exception for ModOrganizer.exe

 

MO2 is not in the Steam folders or in the game folders, and all the plugins are checked. I added an exception for MO2 when i first installed it so it can't be the antivirus. When I ran SKSE as a non-adminstrator, I got this message.

 f7b268640598398a8ea81a251699e707.png
 

 

 

Edit: It seems bethesda released a new update earlier this morning. I downloaded a downgrade patch and will update.

Edited by SalemMurders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
50 minutes ago, SalemMurders said:

I realized I posted in the wrong board shortly after I posted this. Thank you for correcting my mistake.

MO2 is not in the Steam folders or in the game folders, and all the plugins are checked. I added an exception for MO2 when i first installed it so it can't be the antivirus. When I ran SKSE as a non-adminstrator, I got this message.

 f7b268640598398a8ea81a251699e707.png
 

Edit: It seems bethesda released a new update earlier this morning. I downloaded a downgrade patch and will update.

This message appears when you have SKSE-dependent mods that have DLL files incompatible with your version of SKSE. Be sure to check each of these mod's SKSE requirement so that they are all in sync. You cn use MO right pane (Data tab) to filter those file names listed (type file name in lower right filter field). Expand the folders filtered in the Data tab to see what mod provides the file if it's not clear by the file name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, z929669 said:

This message appears when you have SKSE-dependent mods that have DLL files incompatible with your version of SKSE. Be sure to check each of these mod's SKSE requirement so that they are all in sync. You cn use MO right pane (Data tab) to filter those file names listed (type file name in lower right filter field). Expand the folders filtered in the Data tab to see what mod provides the file if it's not clear by the file name.

I managed to patch that issue by downgrading back to a prior update. Unfortunately my mods are still not enabled when I run SKSE. I followed Greg's steps and still have not reached a different output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

From the MO2 launcher drop-down menu, select 'Explore Virtual Folder' and click the Run button. A window will pop up and display the contents of the Skyrim virtual Data folder. You should see all your mods' plugins (*.esp) and folders such as meshes and textures. Close the window afterwards.

If that's not the case, troubleshoot the issue until they are present. There's no need to launch Skyrim until the issue is resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, SalemMurders said:

I managed to patch that issue by downgrading back to a prior update. Unfortunately my mods are still not enabled when I run SKSE. I followed Greg's steps and still have not reached a different output.

Please re-read my post you quoted. I don't feel like you are understanding the problem.

You don't need to 'downgrade' your Skyrim. You only need to ensure that your SKSE-related plugins are compatible. I recommend that you re-upgrade back to SSE 1.6.xxx, but that's beside the point. Everything is compatible with 1.5.97, but proper versions of SKSE-related mods may be a bit confusing either way. Also, many other mods you have may require different game versions. You may need to disable ALL mods besides SKSE and SSE Engine Fixes if you continue to have problems using the process I describe below.

To be clear: Your mods ARE enabled. Mods are enabled in MO left pane. The error you are getting is SKSE saying "The following DLL files are incompatible with this version of SKSE (or the game)".

  1. DISABLE the following mods in MO:
    1. Fuz Ro D'oh
    2. FISS
    3. ? (need to search the MO Data folder for the other DLL files to see which mods provide them)
  2. Open MO and go to the 'Data' tab in the right pane
  3. In the filter field under the right pane, begin typing in the name of the other files one at a time (hdtsmp64, jcontainers, simplyknock, storageutil)
  4. For each of these files, the Data tab view should filter to a single folder that you can expand to see the DLL file and the mod providing that file.
  5. DISABLE these four remaining mods by unticking them in the MO left pane.
  6. Sort with LOOT
  7. Note LOOT messages up top about SKSE version. If it looks good ...
    1. Close LOOT and launch the game.
    2. If all errors go away and the game menu comes up, quit to desktop
    3. Revisit the Nexus page for the 6 mods that were disabled, and download the versions needed for your version of Skyrim (1.5.97 or 1.6.xxx), and re-enable the 6 mods after. DONE. have fun.
  8. If LOOT complains that SKSE is wrong version, revisit SKSE downloads and grab/install the proper version for your game version (SE 1.5.97 or AE 1.6.xxx)
    1. Re-run LOOT to verify no SKSE complaints.
    2. Close LOOT and launch the game.
    3. If all errors go away and the game menu comes up, quit to desktop
    4. Revisit the Nexus page for the 6 mods that were disabled, and download the versions needed for your version of Skyrim (1.5.97 or 1.6.xxx), and re-enable the 6 mods after. DONE. have fun.

The method Mousetick mentions above is useful but better for people that understand the mod files well. My approach above tells you the mods that are causing you issues so that you can troubleshoot those mods and get the proper versions.

Post back with results or questions about this process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Mousetick said:

From the MO2 launcher drop-down menu, select 'Explore Virtual Folder' and click the Run button. A window will pop up and display the contents of the Skyrim virtual Data folder. You should see all your mods' plugins (*.esp) and folders such as meshes and textures. Close the window afterwards.

If that's not the case, troubleshoot the issue until they are present. There's no need to launch Skyrim until the issue is resolved.

When I ran the application, I navigated to my data folder and all the plugins were showing. I ran another profile with less mods and it ran perfectly fine so I think it might have to do with me reaching a mod limit? Currently I have 507 active plugins but 265 are marked as light.

 

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

Please re-read my post you quoted. I don't feel like you are understanding the problem.

You don't need to 'downgrade' your Skyrim. You only need to ensure that your SKSE-related plugins are compatible. I recommend that you re-upgrade back to SSE 1.6.xxx, but that's beside the point. Everything is compatible with 1.5.97, but proper versions of SKSE-related mods may be a bit confusing either way. Also, many other mods you have may require different game versions. You may need to disable ALL mods besides SKSE and SSE Engine Fixes if you continue to have problems using the process I describe below.

To be clear: Your mods ARE enabled. Mods are enabled in MO left pane. The error you are getting is SKSE saying "The following DLL files are incompatible with this version of SKSE (or the game)".

  1. DISABLE the following mods in MO:
    1. Fuz Ro D'oh
    2. FISS
    3. ? (need to search the MO Data folder for the other DLL files to see which mods provide them)
  2. Open MO and go to the 'Data' tab in the right pane
  3. In the filter field under the right pane, begin typing in the name of the other files one at a time (hdtsmp64, jcontainers, simplyknock, storageutil)
  4. For each of these files, the Data tab view should filter to a single folder that you can expand to see the DLL file and the mod providing that file.
  5. DISABLE these four remaining mods by unticking them in the MO left pane.
  6. Sort with LOOT
  7. Note LOOT messages up top about SKSE version. If it looks good ...
    1. Close LOOT and launch the game.
    2. If all errors go away and the game menu comes up, quit to desktop
    3. Revisit the Nexus page for the 6 mods that were disabled, and download the versions needed for your version of Skyrim (1.5.97 or 1.6.xxx), and re-enable the 6 mods after. DONE. have fun.
  8. If LOOT complains that SKSE is wrong version, revisit SKSE downloads and grab/install the proper version for your game version (SE 1.5.97 or AE 1.6.xxx)
    1. Re-run LOOT to verify no SKSE complaints.
    2. Close LOOT and launch the game.
    3. If all errors go away and the game menu comes up, quit to desktop
    4. Revisit the Nexus page for the 6 mods that were disabled, and download the versions needed for your version of Skyrim (1.5.97 or 1.6.xxx), and re-enable the 6 mods after. DONE. have fun.

The method Mousetick mentions above is useful but better for people that understand the mod files well. My approach above tells you the mods that are causing you issues so that you can troubleshoot those mods and get the proper versions.

Post back with results or questions about this process.

I apologize, I didn't clarify enough. I only downgraded from 1.6.353 (released on January 6th) to 1.6.342 (released on December 13th), so that the plugins you mentioned would still be compatible. I did end up having to disable the offending plugins because updates for the 1.6.353 version have not yet released. This didn't solve my issue however. I ran LOOT prior to going back to 1.6.353 and ran it again afer I got both the most recent SKSE and Skyrim version. Whenever I navigate to the mods tab, all of them are still disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, SalemMurders said:

When I ran the application, I navigated to my data folder and all the plugins were showing. I ran another profile with less mods and it ran perfectly fine so I think it might have to do with me reaching a mod limit? Currently I have 507 active plugins but 265 are marked as light.

 

I apologize, I didn't clarify enough. I only downgraded from 1.6.353 (released on January 6th) to 1.6.342 (released on December 13th), so that the plugins you mentioned would still be compatible. I did end up having to disable the offending plugins because updates for the 1.6.353 version have not yet released. This didn't solve my issue however. I ran LOOT prior to going back to 1.6.353 and ran it again afer I got both the most recent SKSE and Skyrim version. Whenever I navigate to the mods tab, all of them are still disabled.

Yes, you can only have 255 (non-ESL) plugins installed (including base-game and CC plugins in right 'plugins' pane). Merge plugins in that case. otherwise, the procedure I outlined will help you to isolate mods in question and get everything aligned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Yes, you can only have 255 (non-ESL) plugins installed (including base-game and CC plugins in right 'plugins' pane). Merge plugins in that case. otherwise, the procedure I outlined will help you to isolate mods in question and get everything aligned.

I managed to fix the issue of the mods not being aligned but I'm not sure if there are too many plugins because LOOT doesn't say that there's too many and it should only being reading 242 plugins since 265 are marked as light. I will try to merge plugins and see if that fixes the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, SalemMurders said:

I managed to fix the issue of the mods not being aligned but I'm not sure if there are too many plugins because LOOT doesn't say that there's too many and it should only being reading 242 plugins since 265 are marked as light. I will try to merge plugins and see if that fixes the issue.

I wouldn't merge unless it's necessary. 242 is fine as long as you are counting all plugins, including vanilla.

Please post your most recent error (SKSE and/or LOOT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I wouldn't merge unless it's necessary. 242 is fine as long as you are counting all plugins, including vanilla.

Please post your most recent error (SKSE and/or LOOT)

How would I find the SKSE/LOOT error log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm starting to think there's a certain mod that's causing all of them to be disabled. I have multiple profiles each with different enabled and disabled mods and I usually don't have this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 minutes ago, SalemMurders said:

I'm starting to think there's a certain mod that's causing all of them to be disabled. I have multiple profiles each with different enabled and disabled mods and I usually don't have this issue.

Again, they aren't disabled unless they are unticked mods in the MO left pane. Does the SKSE error like the one you posted previously come up?

What is the issue now?

LOOT errors are reported at the top of the window when running LOOT. Just screen/paste that into response as with the SKSE error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Halde
      Hey all!
      I completed STEP for the second time, this time it seems to be running smooth, so that great! I'm wondering however, if there is a way to tweak the brightness in mountain shadows, I assume from EVLaS? It's very dark during the day in a mountains shadow, dark enough that I feel like i need a torch equipped, which is neither vanilla nor realistic. If not, I'm considering removing EVLaS,  even though it's really great when there actually is light going through objects.
      ~Best regards
      Halde

    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Cathedral - 3D Lavender by DrJacopo
      Wiki Link
      We tested some lavender a while back and nothing looked particularly good. This might be worth a look. The 2D to 3D is probably worth it, but haven't tried in-game.
    • By Baboo77
      ENB makes my character's skin look really really pale and kind of makes the entire game look cold.  Which settings would I be looking at to make the colors a little warmer?
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.