STEP 2.0.0

D1Z4STR

10 minutes ago, NuroDragonfly said:

Sorry?

Umm, this is why im here z929669 - it no use stating the v2.0 'is as is' and good luck!
Im literally trying to forge a path forward with the issues at hand and detailed one significant matter - DoubleYou, and Mousetick, have pointed out to utilise 1.5.97 (which im only now aware of) and substitute version specific SKSE reliant mods, of which im now doing (it does take a lot of time).

Im trying to help development, and not the other way round, in pointing out the wording needs correcting as it doesnt function 'as is'...and yes, questions do need asking sometimes and this is the only space to do so, so i dont see what ive done wrong?

And yes, the biggest issue is that a mod author has been a complete so-an-so about hiding version specific mod releases, hence why - after extensive testing myself with various combinations of mods to alleviate the problem within MO2 and the Skyrim main folder (yes i know what im doing) - i brought to the forum page of v2.0.0 to mention it needs correcting or altering, primarily for those of us who are trying to test it out :ermm: ...i seriously do not see what it is that ive erred on here at all...and no, im not being sarcastic or obtuse, im genuinely :confusion: as to your reaction in detailing some specific issues that are not covered anywhere else, other than the fact people here have said use 1.5.97 and replace as needed because ive mentioned this issue. :huh:

No worries, I didn't realize you were attempting to help out. I thought you were trying to install your own hybrid of Step 1.0.0 and 2.0.0. This forum is open to the public, so best to add you to a forum role that will allow you access to more resources for helping out (including the dev forums for 2.0.0).

Posting here only invites onlookers to want to use the dev guide ... and ask more questions. This is who I am talking to when I mention that we don't support the dev guide.

We may wind up locking this topic to avert that if necessary.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Any reason why grass lod can't be pregenerated by someone, then uploaded somewhere for the rest of us to download? I mean we're all following the same guide. Really not much stopping a beta release of 2.0.0 but a couple mods. Pretty much have to whole thing working except for lod. MA's can pull any mod down anytime for any reason. Have to learn to improvise, overcome, and adapt. Can't let a couple mods stand in the way of progress. In fact, if someone has their 'Grass Cache' posted somewhere, send me the link. I'll appreciate it, thanks.

Edited by evmiller

45 minutes ago, evmiller said:

Any reason why grass lod can't be pregenerated by someone, then uploaded somewhere for the rest of us to download? I mean we're all following the same guide. Really not much stopping a beta release of 2.0.0 but a couple mods. Pretty much have to whole thing working except for lod. MA's can pull any mod down anytime for any reason. Have to learn to improvise, overcome, and adapt. Can't let a couple mods stand in the way of progress. In fact, if someone has their 'Grass Cache' posted somewhere, send me the link. I'll appreciate it, thanks.

It's more than a couple of mods that we're waiting for AE support before releasing. ENB dev is another area that isn't finished. MCM section isn't finished. There are still other mods being evaluated. There are some decisions to be made about whether or not to add extra location/quest type mods to the Guide and if approved, then decide which ones. There is more...not to mention there are still updates to the game rolling out, which seem to break a few dozen mods (and the Guide) every couple weeks for several days. We prefer to release in more stable conditions.

We've planned for a Q1 release and are just nearing the end of the first of those three months. We will see how things progress.