STEP 2.0.0

D1Z4STR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Nope. STEP 2.0.0 is incomplete, and as it stands, is only compatible with runtime 1.5.97.0. Still waiting for relevant mods to update. If they do not update, they may be dropped. 

Cool. Thanks for the quick answer. I'm just getting back into modding Skyrim after a couple years off. I was just about done setting up STEP 1 for SE from scratch when I spotted this post. I think I'll blow it all away and start fresh with STEP 2 since modding is mostly about the modding and not the gaming for me anyway. (Never was scared of beta testing stuff either. LOL)

If nobody else has done it, I may even toy with the "Best of Both Worlds Patcher" for "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher" on the Nexus which seems to keep the new Data files in place while rolling the game itself back to 1.5.97. (I'm sure some stuff will be broken. But, maybe knowing what will be useful.)

Edited by Yirmeyahu

12 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

If you're referring to our ENB, then it's only operational for Clear weathers. I would hold off on installing it with v2 until it's more complete.

It can't be our ENB. We are not sharing it yet in any obvious way. Besides, the latest version of our ENB now has the clear weather propagated to all weathers but the ones you previously edited. This made all other weathers tolerable indoors and out. Some of what was in there for other weathers was way off. See our ENB preset topic for details. You should download that. I will be working on it over the next few days from the latest version.

8 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It can't be our ENB. We are not sharing it yet in any obvious way. Besides, the latest version of our ENB now has the clear weather propagated to all weathers but the ones you previously edited. This made all other weathers tolerable indoors and out. Some of what was in there for other weathers was way off. See our ENB preset topic for details. You should download that. I will be working on it over the next few days from the latest version.

I'll grab it when I get to that point. Not planning any ENB work right now and am skipping all ENB options during this run of the Guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive come across a pretty serious problem, of which ive messaged Mousetick already - but the .NET Script Framework workaround via SSE Engine Fixes has encountered a large pothole;

(Part 1) Engine Fixes for 1.6.xx 6.0-beta-5   is no longer available via Nexus as this is not 'hidden' and only viewable in old file

- but not downloadable any more from SSE Engine Fixes

- it relates to SKSE 2.01.00 and runtime 1.6.317....which is now at 1.6.342, and even 1.6.323 does not work as ive tested them

- i do not have runtime 1.6.317 and never did as i have not been modding SSE for some time now until recently and the update for me went from 1.5.97 to 1.6.323

EDIT: to be more specific, NET Script will not run because

Spoiler

[21 Dec 2021 12:33:48.297] (InvalidOperationException): "Version library error: File not found (NetScriptFramework.SkyrimSE.1_6_342_0.bin)!" at
[21 Dec 2021 12:33:48.297] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[21 Dec 2021 12:33:48.297]    at NetScriptFramework.Main.LoadGameInfo() in C:\Games\SkyrimMods\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework\Main.cs:line 807
[21 Dec 2021 12:33:48.297]    at NetScriptFramework.Main._Initialize_Actual(FrameworkInitializationParameters p) in C:\Games\SkyrimMods\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework\Main.cs:line 366
[21 Dec 2021 12:33:48.297]    at NetScriptFramework.Main.Initialize(FrameworkInitializationParameters p) in C:\Games\SkyrimMods\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework\Main.cs:line 308
[21 Dec 2021 12:33:48.297] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i tried Address Library which was no help; various DLL Loader programs ive in storage from eons ago and nothing is happy; non of the SKSE versions i have have helped, nor the few .exe i have still through Auto Backup Exe.

Edited by NuroDragonfly
more info

21 minutes ago, NuroDragonfly said:

Ive come across a pretty serious problem, of which ive messaged Mousetick already - but the .NET Script Framework workaround via SSE Engine Fixes has encountered a large pothole;

(Part 1) Engine Fixes for 1.6.xx 6.0-beta-5   is no longer available via Nexus as this is not 'hidden' and only viewable in old file

- but not downloadable any more from SSE Engine Fixes

- it relates to SKSE 2.01.00 and runtime 1.6.317....which is now at 1.6.342, and even 1.6.323 does not work as ive tested them

- i do not have runtime 1.6.317 and never did as i have not been modding SSE for some time now until recently and the update for me went from 1.5.97 to 1.6.323

EDIT: to be more specific, NET Script will not run because

Reveal hidden contents

Now i tried Address Library which was no help; various DLL Loader programs ive in storage from eons ago and nothing is happy; non of the SKSE versions i have have helped, nor the few .exe i have still through Auto Backup Exe.

You cannot run .NET FW in 1.6.xxx ... this is the big one that is taking the longest to update, since it must be rebuilt from scratch I think. SSE Engine Fixes is probably hidden while it is updated to latest 1.6.342 (or possibly waiting for the purported forthcoming 1.6.xxx). So you need to run without those two mods for now. No grass LOD in SAE for weeks or months still.

SSE Engine is fine, its NET that seems to be the issue - what relies on NET the most?

And what relies on SSE Engine the most, as they should still work....or am i missing something else here?

But ill continue with the v2.0.0 build to test the rest as im doing a verbatim build as per my chat with Mousetick and my insane mix and matching ive forgone :coffee:

14 minutes ago, NuroDragonfly said:

SSE Engine is fine, its NET that seems to be the issue - what relies on NET the most?

And what relies on SSE Engine the most, as they should still work....or am i missing something else here?

But ill continue with the v2.0.0 build to test the rest as im doing a verbatim build as per my chat with Mousetick and my insane mix and matching ive forgone :coffee:

You said SSE Engine Fixes was hidden ... it's available now. Yes, it should work, but my SAE build is dead, so there is some other SKSE plugin voodoo going on now with last SSE update. And another is coming. NET FW is needed for NGIO and grass LODGen. Not needed for anything else really though. It probably won't be ready for some time still.

Also check that your game updated fully. I had this issue, but it didn't fix. I'm just taking a break until the dust settles. Working on meshes and mod updates as they come in the meantime.

Sorry, just to be clear - the work around mentioned in v2.0.0 (or SAE) and the specific SSE Engine Fixes version mentioned there (and above) are no longer available --- did they originally functioned together when creating that part of the guide to ensure NET worked? I would assume so of course or it would not have been added...

For what ever reason, .NET will not do the same now with version 6.0.2 of SSE Engine Fixes, even though it is listed as being relative to runtime 1.6.317 onwards..

So i suppose the question also remains, did 6.0-beta-5 --- which is the one listed in v2.0.0 --- function with runtime 1.6.317 and Net Script Framework Skyrim SE v18 ---- because 6.0.2 will not make .Net work now even though it is listed as supporting runtimes after 1.6.317

--- just to be per-functionary regarding this issue, and not to pedantic about it.

EDIT: and yes it is looking like i will have to live with grass fade in and out :crying:

Edited by NuroDragonfly
more info

.NET Script Framework only works in 1.5.x. To use it and SSE Engine Fixes, you would need a downgraded executable, the bink dll, and the "(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.5.39 - 1.5.97" 

If you grab those files, you can generate the grass cache with NGIO. Then you can revert back to the 1.6.x runtime files, remove  .NET Framework and NGIO, and using the cache, generate grass lods via DynDOLOD.

7 hours ago, NuroDragonfly said:

Sorry, just to be clear - the work around mentioned in v2.0.0 (or SAE) and the specific SSE Engine Fixes version mentioned there (and above) are no longer available --- did they originally functioned together when creating that part of the guide to ensure NET worked? I would assume so of course or it would not have been added...

It took me a while to work out what this means, but I think this is referring to the detailed instructions for SSE Engine Fixes. The first item should be changed from

• Download and install the (Part 1) Engine Fixes for 1.6.xx 6.0-beta-5 fixed Main File in MO.

to

• Download and install the (Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.6.xxx Main File in MO.

7 hours ago, NuroDragonfly said:

For what ever reason, .NET will not do the same now with version 6.0.2 of SSE Engine Fixes, even though it is listed as being relative to runtime 1.6.317 onwards..

So i suppose the question also remains, did 6.0-beta-5 --- which is the one listed in v2.0.0 --- function with runtime 1.6.317 and Net Script Framework Skyrim SE v18 ---- because 6.0.2 will not make .Net work now even though it is listed as supporting runtimes after 1.6.317

--- just to be per-functionary regarding this issue, and not to pedantic about it.

EDIT: and yes it is looking like i will have to live with grass fade in and out :crying:

I already mentioned in my last posts that NET FW does not work for 1.6.xxx ... We do not support questions on 2.0.0, because it's all under development, and that includes any version-specific mod instructions or patches. You can use the guide "as is" and figure it out for yourself. We welcome feedback in support of development but not the other way around.

32 minutes ago, Greg said:

It took me a while to work out what this means, but I think this is referring to the detailed instructions for SSE Engine Fixes. The first item should be changed from

• Download and install the (Part 1) Engine Fixes for 1.6.xx 6.0-beta-5 fixed Main File in MO.

to

• Download and install the (Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.6.xxx Main File in MO.

Yes, and this is why I really dislike it when MAs redundantly have the version in the file name. That's what the file description and changelog are for. I fixed this to be more agnostic of this pitfall.

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

I already mentioned in my last posts that NET FW does not work for 1.6.xxx ... We do not support questions on 2.0.0, because it's all under development, and that includes any version-specific mod instructions or patches. You can use the guide "as is" and figure it out for yourself. We welcome feedback in support of development but not the other way around.

Yes, and this is why I really dislike it when MAs redundantly have the version in the file name. That's what the file description and changelog are for. I fixed this to be more agnostic of this pitfall.

Sorry?

Umm, this is why im here z929669 - it no use stating the v2.0 'is as is' and good luck!
Im literally trying to forge a path forward with the issues at hand and detailed one significant matter - DoubleYou, and Mousetick, have pointed out to utilise 1.5.97 (which im only now aware of) and substitute version specific SKSE reliant mods, of which im now doing (it does take a lot of time).

Im trying to help development, and not the other way round, in pointing out the wording needs correcting as it doesnt function 'as is'...and yes, questions do need asking sometimes and this is the only space to do so, so i dont see what ive done wrong?

And yes, the biggest issue is that a mod author has been a complete so-an-so about hiding version specific mod releases, hence why - after extensive testing myself with various combinations of mods to alleviate the problem within MO2 and the Skyrim main folder (yes i know what im doing) - i brought to the forum page of v2.0.0 to mention it needs correcting or altering, primarily for those of us who are trying to test it out :ermm: ...i seriously do not see what it is that ive erred on here at all...and no, im not being sarcastic or obtuse, im genuinely :confusion: as to your reaction in detailing some specific issues that are not covered anywhere else, other than the fact people here have said use 1.5.97 and replace as needed because ive mentioned this issue. :huh:

And yes, im aware that it say unsupported - which is why i did not mention anything in the mod specific forum itself but found this specific page to do so, just to be clear on that ...

Edited by NuroDragonfly
more info