A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds (by DoubleYouC)

z929669

1 hour ago, RainingTacco said:

I've posted the question explaining my problem there but i would repeat it here.

Here are two screenshots

The snow ingame and in lod looks fine and matches the terrain pretty much, but the world map is horrible. There's a mismatch between snow lod, snow rock lod, and other snow objects. The snow lod have yellowish hue, the rock snow is too dim, and the only thing that resemble a real white snow properly are those small objects and terrain like you can see on the north or on some rocks. Im using cathedral landscapes, majestic mountain, with cathedral landscape overwriting MM and its projecteddiffuse.dds I use flat color noise.dds. Ive been trying different noise.dds textures, different projecteddiffuse.dds textures matching snow01.dds, different brightness, contrast and gamma settings when generating LOD, using different texture landscape packs, using cathedral lod textures for generating and then disabling. I've regenerated terrain lod like 30 times already and can't find a well matching settings. 

Windhelm - Sundas, 10꞉01 AM, 31st of Last Seed, 4E 201.jpg

Windhelm - Sundas, 10꞉00 AM, 31st of Last Seed, 4E 201.jpg

As I have already mentioned on this topic and another now:

Be certain the Cathedral Landscapes Temp mod was deactivated before you ran TexGen/DynDOLOD. That piece of CL is only enabled when generating terrain LOD. If you left it enabled, you will need to rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD after disabling it.

43 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

Can you upload the screen of your world map with ACMOS + cathedral landscapes? I want to know how it should look right.

I'm currently running a difficult DynDOLOD run that takes hours, so I cannot provide it right now. ACMoS was created by a member of our team, so the screenshots on that Nexus page are using our SSE guide setup and show how it should look.

This is why I keep mentioning the CL temp mod, because your screens of the map look exactly like they would if you ran object LOD with that mod active.

The temp mod for Cathedral Landscapes is specifically designed to fix this issue for xLODGen is the answer for the yellow terrain LOD.

As for the color for the snow on the mountains and rocks, that is much more difficult to force it to match, as the game uses a special shader to handle this: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader

Be aware that not all lods use this shader, and some use the snow texture itself (such as my road lods) which is why they may be correct while other objects are not. Modifying the base records for the lod snow shader should improve your match for the mountains and rocks that may utilize this shader.