A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds (by DoubleYouC)

z929669

1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

I see DoubleYou updated this mod to 4.0.  Appears that it adds the option to use FOLIP - Far Object LOD Improvement Project, a new mod by DoubleYou.  Is FOLIP going to be utilized in the 2.2.0 Step guide?

It is the intent, albeit optional. 

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Of course I only JUST got done regenerating DynDOLOD and you come out with these, DoubleYou. I am starting to thing you do this on purpose to irk me... ;)

Anyways, after generating, do we keep the FOLIP file enabled or can we disable it?

It doesn't matter. It is only required for generation. 

On 11/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, Kattmandu said:

I see DoubleYou updated this mod to 4.0.  Appears that it adds the option to use FOLIP - Far Object LOD Improvement Project, a new mod by DoubleYou.  Is FOLIP going to be utilized in the 2.2.0 Step guide?

Almost certainly will be included once I get to LODGen phase for testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently i've been playing with ACMOS with the optional clouds on the map, which i really like, although it is sometimes slightly annoying to have certain parts of the map obscured by clouds. Can i possibly switch back to the optional 'Remove Clouds' component mid game and without redoing LOD by just reinstalling the whole mod, only changing the 'clouds' feature? Or do i have to decide on wanting clouds or not before a playthrough? Thank you.

3 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Currently i've been playing with ACMOS with the optional clouds on the map, which i really like, although it is sometimes slightly annoying to have certain parts of the map obscured by clouds. Can i possibly switch back to the optional 'Remove Clouds' component mid game and without redoing LOD by just reinstalling the whole mod, only changing the 'clouds' feature? Or do i have to decide on wanting clouds or not before a playthrough? Thank you.

I believe that you can. Can't remember exactly how I have it configured, but I think I switched it to a simple mesh change, so it shouldn't matter. Just do as you said and it should be fine. 

• 2 months later...

How to make landscapes brighter? Ive tried the settings under display in .ini and it didnt work, only thing that slightly work is upping gamma in xlodgen. Is there a way to get truly snowy white in map? Also how to best handle misshap between whiteness of rock snow on map[object lod] and terrain snow?

Edited by RainingTacco

1 hour ago, RainingTacco said:

How to make landscapes brighter? Ive tried the settings under display in .ini and it didnt work, only thing that slightly work is upping gamma in xlodgen. Is there a way to get truly snowy white in map? Also how to best handle misshap between whiteness of rock snow on map[object lod] and terrain snow?

Be certaion the Cathedral Landscapes Temp mod was deactivated before you ran TexGen/DynDOLOD. That piece of CL is only enabled when generating terrain LOD. If you left it enabled, you will need to rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD after disabling it.

Im facing two problems:

-mismatch between brighteness/whiteness of object lod like rock snow and landscape snow in the map, i can make landscape snow pretty bright but rock snow will be grayish, using default majestic mountain mod

-problem with yellow hue of landscape snow, while it doesnt affect rock snow

As far as i understand the only texture that can affect snow LOD is noise.dds, and not projecteddiffuse.dds or any other texture. Ive already use white noise.dds. As for object LOD on map like the one with MM, it uses projecteddiffuse right? So to make rock snow brighter i should also use white projecteddiffuse right?

As for landscape textures it doesnt matter if i use cathedral or omnibus or other pack, the problem persist. Ive changed world weather using doodlezoid mod and the landscape snow still has yellow hue compared to rock snow.

Edited by RainingTacco

I've posted the question explaining my problem there but i would repeat it here.

Here are two screenshots

The snow ingame and in lod looks fine and matches the terrain pretty much, but the world map is horrible. There's a mismatch between snow lod, snow rock lod, and other snow objects. The snow lod have yellowish hue, the rock snow is too dim, and the only thing that resemble a real white snow properly are those small objects and terrain like you can see on the north or on some rocks. Im using cathedral landscapes, majestic mountain, with cathedral landscape overwriting MM and its projecteddiffuse.dds I use flat color noise.dds. Ive been trying different noise.dds textures, different projecteddiffuse.dds textures matching snow01.dds, different brightness, contrast and gamma settings when generating LOD, using different texture landscape packs, using cathedral lod textures for generating and then disabling. I've regenerated terrain lod like 30 times already and can't find a well matching settings. 

Windhelm - Sundas, 10꞉01 AM, 31st of Last Seed, 4E 201.jpg

Windhelm - Sundas, 10꞉00 AM, 31st of Last Seed, 4E 201.jpg

This is what im aiming for, this guy pretty much nailed how it should look when perfectly matched. Wonder how he got that sun effect, maybe evlas was involved?

56367-1662144543-235387550.jpeg

Here's also a good example, disregard a bad geometry, the snow and snow mountain color match quite well, albeit the image is quite too dark for my taste.

cA7qMEN.jpg

Edited by RainingTacco