A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds (by DoubleYouC)

z929669

Test results of uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

+--------------+--------------+
                               | DynDOLOD     | Without      |
                               | Plugins      | DynDOLOD     |
                               | Enabled      | Plugins      |
+------------------------------+--------------+--------------+
| With LOD32 files (Level32=1) | OK           | OK (1)       |
| Without LOD32 files (2)      | Borked (3)   | Borked (1,3) |
| Without any LOD files (4)    | N/A          | Borked       |

Borked = stuck LODs in the world

Notes:

1. Basically using only static LODs. Didn't think it would make any difference but tested just in case.
  2. I didn't want to re-generate all the LODs again with DynDOLOD set to Level32=0 because it's time-consuming, so I hid all the Tamriel.32.*.bto files within \meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects in MO2. I think this accomplishes the same thing.
  3. Stuck LODs occurred much less often and much more subtly (only small bits of architecture in some locations) except in Solitude and Dragonsreach where they were much more pronounced. I didn't visit every location in Tamriel...
  4. This is the scenario I was in initially and the basis for my initial report/questions.
  5. For generating the LOD files with DynDOLOD, including LOD32, I simply followed the instructions given on ACMoS' Nexus page.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

We should distinguish between Level32=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and setting a value other than 'None' on the mesh rule for '\' (Level0 recommended). The latter I believe is what sheson means by "LOD Level 32 files". By default, all mesh rules are set to 'None', so you will need to set this. As mentioned, I also set 'Level0' for mushroom trees and 'Billboard6' for all other trees with 'None' at LOD32 in the mesh rule. ACMoS sets LOD32 for treeaspen and maybe others it customizes.

The LOD32 bto files located in meshes\terrain\<worldspace>\objects\<worldspace>.32.<x>.<y>.bto are the ones Sheson is referring to. You don't need to set for mushroom trees as I already have a rule loaded earlier than the DynDOLOD rule that will do this automatically. Should only need to set for '\' rule and 'tree' rule. The other trees specifically called out really can't be made out on the map, so it is overkill to specify them as far as I can see.

30 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Test results of uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

+--------------+--------------+
                               | DynDOLOD     | Without      |
                               | Plugins      | DynDOLOD     |
                               | Enabled      | Plugins      |
| With LOD32 files (Level32=1) | OK           | OK (1)       |
| Without LOD32 files (2)      | Borked (3)   | Borked (1,3) |
| Without any LOD files (4)    | N/A          | Borked       |

Borked = stuck LODs in the world

Notes:

1. Basically using only static LODs. Didn't think it would make any difference but tested just in case.
  2. I didn't want to re-generate all the LODs again with DynDOLOD set to Level32=0 because it's time-consuming, so I hid all the Tamriel.32.*.bto files within \meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects in MO2. I think this accomplishes the same thing.
  3. Stuck LODs occurred much less often and much more subtly (only small bits of architecture in some locations) except in Solitude and Dragonsreach where they were much more pronounced. I didn't visit every location in Tamriel...
  4. This is the scenario I was in initially and the basis for my initial report/questions.
  5. For generating the LOD files with DynDOLOD, including LOD32, I simply followed the instructions given on ACMoS' Nexus page.

The fact that you could so easily test and find out which is "borked" leads me to believe we are correct in believing the setting only causes issues if the level 32 bto files don't exist. This is consistent with my testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to v1.4

• Updated FOMOD with all options
  • Added roads for Midwood Isle (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28120) by Will Evans
  • Modified roads for Skyrim
  • Lowered max height for Falskaar
  • Adjusted map weather
  • Adjusted INI options for non-LOD32 users to improve appearance

35 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Wiki page is missing FOMOD instructions. How is everyone installing this one?

Select a main option but none of the add-on maps (we want lod32 ON ... or whatever it is labeled). I think that's it.

I also used the 'darker' option, since my roads were really shiny. no idea if this will fix that. I need to test it still.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to v1.5

• Added roads to the Forgotten Vale.
  • Added support for clouds on the map. This makes the previous default option of removing all clouds from the map optional. Clouds are removed from all maps that would be otherwise bugged with a blank cloud mesh.
  • Map weather is now darker and doesn't strangely color clouds on the map.

If you decide to try it out with clouds intact, make sure you forward the clouds mesh in the worldspace if you are not also updating your DynDOLOD. If removing clouds, it won't really matter. Main reason for the update is the finished roads on the Forgotten Vale.

Forgotten Vale 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting mod but I'm using the Paper World Map combined with tweaks and components from Flat World Map Framework SE. I combine the two and I get the best of the two worlds.

The original world of Warburg on map markers is fine and far superior to what has been done on something called "Atlas Skyrim". But I know in nexus mods site, some mods get reputation only because of the popularity of a mod author.

Edited by gamingsrc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DY, in case you're not aware, there's a small typo in the help text for the 'Remove Clouds' FOMOD option (as of v1.7):

Optionally, you could skip this and install A Quality World Map's Clear Map Skies optional file, but there are places such as Castle Volikar which are obscured from view using that.