A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds (by DoubleYouC)

z929669

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I think this looks better, but let me know if you prefer the old style road.

The new look much better aesthetically to me but the old are easier to see at a glance. Does it really matter? I have no idea... Actual usage will tell I guess.

Uploaded new version with the new road textures. For Step 2.0 dev guide, no change in instructions are required, however, less files need to be hidden from the xLODGen output, although it will make no difference if you leave them hidden.

Version 2.0

• Major change - All roads have been redone to not glow any longer and to display a more road-like surface.
  • Major change - All map meshes have had their texture sets redirected to Data\Textures\Terrain\<worldspace>\Map instead of the vanilla Data\Textures\Terrain\<worldspace> path to allow conflict free usage of BSAs.
  • Major change - Repack of all assets using compressed BSAs wherever expedient.
  • Vominheim - Roads were added for Land of Vominheim SSE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31472) by venjhammet.
  • Tamriel - Many roads added/fixed.
  • Beyond Reach - Some roads added/fixed.
  • Soul Cairn - Lowered texture resolution of non-essential sections.
  • Solstheim - Lowered texture resolution of non-essential sections.
  • Sovngarde - Lowered texture resolution of non-essential sections.
  • A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp - Weather slightly modified.
  • A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp - Tamriel world map given farther x value to allow zooming in on Markarth area.
  • DynDOLOD Rules - DynDOLOD 3 Rules - Changed rule for \effects\fxsovingardportal.nif to no longer show on the map in Skuldafn.

It doesn't require it necessarily, but some of the new things won't be forwarded, namely:

• A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp - Tamriel world map given farther x value to allow zooming in on Markarth area.
  • DynDOLOD Rules - DynDOLOD 3 Rules - Changed rule for \effects\fxsovingardportal.nif to no longer show on the map in Skuldafn.

These issues will simply still be present, but they're rather minor.

Version 2.1

• Added custom map weathers for Blackreach, Solstheim, Skuldafn, the Soul Cairn, the Falmer Valley, Sovngarde, and Lastendell (from Midwood Isle mod). These new weathers require Unique Map Weather Framework (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59919) by doodlez to function. This is a soft requirement only, but the maps look a lot better with them.
  • Revised Tamriel map terrain to look better, especially beyond the borders of the map.
  • Revised Blackreach map to show blackness beyond the map view which complements the custom weather very well.
  • Added patch for use with Worldspace Transition Tweaks (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/48889) by AndrealphusVIII. This patch must override any generated terrain LOD from xLODGen to view the roads on the map.

56367-1643259127-52489312.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hello DY

Have you had a chance to try ACMoSaOW with the latest xLODGen beta (90) and DynDOLOD alpha (73) and DynDOLOD Resources alpha (20)?

I'm experiencing 2 issues: water/terrain z-fighting and trees missing on the map.

I'd been using xLODGen beta ~85 and DynDOLOD alpha 64 with ACMoSaOW 2.1.1 up until recently, and everything was fine. After updating to the aforementioned versions, it's broken.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong on my end or if the problem is elsewhere. I've double- and triple-checked my DynDOLOD INI config and rules, re-generated all the LODs several times to no avail. I'd like to get a second opinion if possible from you if you can reproduce the issue(s).

Thanks.

Edit: trees are working, was a luser mistake. z-fighting occurs when scrolling the map.

20220217131008_1.jpg20220217130944_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Hello DY

Have you had a chance to try ACMoSaOW with the latest xLODGen beta (90) and DynDOLOD alpha (73)?

I'm experiencing 2 issues: water/terrain z-fighting and trees missing on the map.

I'd been using xLODGen beta ~85 and DynDOLOD alpha 64 with ACMoSaOW 2.1.1 up until recently, and everything was fine. After updating to the aforementioned versions, it's broken.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong on my end or if the problem is elsewhere. I've double- and triple-checked my DynDOLOD INI config and rules, re-generated all the LODs several times to no avail. I'd like to get a second opinion if possible from you if you can reproduce the issue(s).

Thanks.

I'm guessing that one of DynDOLOD's default mesh rules has been revised with greater specificity and may be overriding one or more of CMoS-packaged mesh rules.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Hello DY

Have you had a chance to try ACMoSaOW with the latest xLODGen beta (90) and DynDOLOD alpha (73) and DynDOLOD Resources alpha (20)?

Thanks.

Edit: trees are working, was a luser mistake. z-fighting occurs when scrolling the map.

20220217131008_1.jpg20220217130944_1.jpg

I have not looked at the updates yet, but I think this might simply be the map's version of the occlusion bug where water disappears. I would regenerate occlusion data. 

• 1 month later...

Warning! Version 3.0 update installation is completely different from previous versions! Please read instructions!

Version 3.0 uploaded:

• Added ACMOS Road Generator tool. You must now use this on your terrain LOD to paint roads on the terrain LOD textures. This is a much better solution for so many reasons, and fixes several otherwise unfixable bugs. This also enables automatic compatibility with Seasons of Skyrim and Worldspace Transition Tweaks.
  • Stripped pregenerated LOD32 files from the FOMOD, as they are no longer necessary with the ACMOS Road Generator Tool.
  • Updated DynDOLOD rules to account for the Tundra Homestead Creation Club content (no, this is not a requirement).
  • Updated weathers.

I will work on updating the Step instructions next.

hey guys I have tried the new Road Generation tool but i am not sure i did it right cos roads aren't showing:

1. Extract the ACMOS Road Generator tool anywhere and run.
  2. For "Path to LOD," browse to the xLODGEN Output folder.
  3. Click Generate.
  4. At the prompt to "Overwrite LOD Textures," choose Yes.
  5. Wait until it says "All Done!" and then close.
  6. Profit.

I included the Log for you guys to look at

Edit: I forgot to uncheck raise steepness for LOD32.

log.log

1 hour ago, DarkladyLexy said:

hey guys I have tried the new Road Generation tool but i am not sure i did it right cos roads aren't showing:

1. Extract the ACMOS Road Generator tool anywhere and run.
  2. For "Path to LOD," browse to the xLODGEN Output folder.
  3. Click Generate.
  4. At the prompt to "Overwrite LOD Textures," choose Yes.
  5. Wait until it says "All Done!" and then close.
  6. Profit.

I included the Log for you guys to look at

Edit: I forgot to uncheck raise steepness for LOD32.

log.log 254.2 kB · 0 downloads

You set the output path incorrectly. Your roads are in textures/terrain/textures/terrain 

J:\SSELODGen_Output\textures\terrain\textures\terrain\blackreach\blackreach.32.-23.-9.dds

Copy the contents of textures/terrain/textures into textures. 

Hi,

I'm following the SSE 2.0 guide and have run into an issue with the ACMOS Road Generator. When running the program, I followed the 2.0 guide directions and set my "Path to LOD" to my xLODGen_Output folder. Doing so sets the "Path to LOD" and "Output Path" destinations in ACMOS to my xLODGen_Output folder. However, when I click generate and say yes to the prompt, I get an error message saying "Invalid  Path to LOD...Please set the Path to LOD first!"

I was able to run xLODGen without issue, but I'm attaching the log in case that helps. Also, my xLODGen_Output folder is empty, so I'm not sure if that's related to my ACMOS issue. If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you, and thanks for the great guide!

LODGen_log.txt