A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds (by DoubleYouC)

z929669

59 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

You only generated meshes and did not generate textures. Rerun xLODGen and ensure the necessary boxes are checked to create textures. The output should not be empty when complete. If it is, obviously no files were generated. 

Thanks for the quick response! 

I went back and carefully compared each of the xLODGen settings with the four images in the guide, and also made sure my temporary "Cathedral Landscapes" and "Terrain" mods were enabled and at the bottom of my load order (but above the empty xLODGen Output mod, which was also enabled). I attached screenshots of what I ticked for each of the 4 options. I then ran xLODGen again and the same thing happened - it finished in a few minutes and I still have an empty xLODGen_Output folder.

Am I not checking a necessary box to create textures? Any other ideas?   

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

2 hours ago, barcafan said:

Thanks for the quick response! 

I went back and carefully compared each of the xLODGen settings with the four images in the guide, and also made sure my temporary "Cathedral Landscapes" and "Terrain" mods were enabled and at the bottom of my load order (but above the empty xLODGen Output mod, which was also enabled). I attached screenshots of what I ticked for each of the 4 options. I then ran xLODGen again and the same thing happened - it finished in a few minutes and I still have an empty xLODGen_Output folder.

Am I not checking a necessary box to create textures? Any other ideas?   

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Double check your MO xLODGen executables config command parameters in Tools Setup.

Do not install xLODGen as a mod in MO.

Revisit the System Setup Guide indicated in Step 1 of the guide.

Your output has gone into an unknown location (possibly MO overwrite or some random OS path)

55 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Double check your MO xLODGen executables config command parameters in Tools Setup.

Do not install xLODGen as a mod in MO.

Revisit the System Setup Guide indicated in Step 1 of the guide.

Your output has gone into an unknown location (possibly MO overwrite or some random OS path)

The first suggestion was the issue; I mistyped the path to the xLODGen Output folder in the  XLODGen command parameters config. Fixing that path allowed me to create textures in my xLODGen Output folder and then successfully overwrite using ACMOS. Thank you!

Relatedly, in the System Setup Guide I noticed there is a typo in the xLODGen setup description that should be fixed: "3. Create a folder for the application output: ..\Games\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Oputput"

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

• Like 1

Version 3.0.1

This update only improves the ACMOS Road Generator tool. If you already had success with the previous version, there is no need to update.

• Recompiled in a manner that should hopefully solve incompatibility with Windows 7.
  • A LOT of extra error handling/reporting/hand holding.
  • Status bar no longer displays information that might confuse users. This information is still reported to the log file.
  • Added a progress bar to help inform users that it is still working.
  • Added the ability to zip the output.
  • Added translation capability via the translate.json file. The current German translation is likely very bad, as it is from Google Translate.

18 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

question guys is the skyrim.ini tweak

[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

still advisedw hen using this mod?

This is provided automatically via the FOMOD using the "with DynDOLOD LOD32" option. It is included with the A Clear Map of Skyrim.ini file, along with relevant settings. This plugin INI will then be applied when the A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp plugin is active. No need for manually tweaking the setting in your Skyrim.ini.

Be advised that using that tweak and launching the game without having LOD32 object LOD generated via DynDOLOD will cause the LOD in the game to be completely broken. I recommend that if you are testing prior to generating your DynDOLOD to leave the plugin unchecked, which will in turn disable the uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 tweak, so long as you leave it default in Skyrim.ini.

Version 3.1

• Added ACMOS - Part 2 for Lazy Users file for those who won't/can't generate correct terrain LODs for themselves. Only use this if you are not using xLODGen to generate accurate terrain LODs.
  • Modified Solstheim map weather to remove green cloud reflections in the water.
  • Added new 2k worldmapoverlaynormal_n.dds and worldmapsnowoverlaynormal_n.dds textures to improve the details of the map. Also tweaked the relevant INI settings in the plugin INI accordingly to accommodate the change. The vanilla overlay textures had bad compression artifacts. I spent many days tweaking these to improve them, and it was quite hard, but I am finally happy with the result, which results in another very significant improvement to the map appearance.

Snow overlay appearance:

56367-1648850843-1839645378.jpeg

Main overlay appearance:

56367-1648850771-1646660273.jpeg

Also managed to introduce a bug that removed distant clouds from the weather view in the sky (not the typical clouds removed). Rather minor issue that will be fixed next revision.

• 2 months later...

Greetings, 

I'm running into the same issue as barcafan had back on March 24th. I try to run ACMOS Road Generator and get the following error message: "Invalid Path to LOD...Please set the path to LOD first!"  I've checked the file path several times and it seems correct, but obviously something is amiss as my xLODGen_Output folder is empty after running xLODGen.  

Any insights are appreciated! And thanks a ton for all the work on this, it's better than ever.

LODGen_log.txt

You log indicates that you have output to the game directory instead of a designated output directory. Most likely you have a space or something wrong in your arguments field. As you have it currently setup, it may overwrite any pre-existing stuff in your game directory, which is not recommended.

2 hours ago, Rolinn said:

Greetings, 

I'm running into the same issue as barcafan had back on March 24th. I try to run ACMOS Road Generator and get the following error message: "Invalid Path to LOD...Please set the path to LOD first!"  I've checked the file path several times and it seems correct, but obviously something is amiss as my xLODGen_Output folder is empty after running xLODGen.  

Any insights are appreciated! And thanks a ton for all the work on this, it's better than ever.

LODGen_log.txt 1.73 MB · 1 download

Version 3.2. No changes to instructions necessary.

• Lowered the map menu near clip plane (fMapMenuNearClipPlane:MapMenu) to allow clouds in weathers to show properly on the map menu.
  • Increased the map bloom threshold boost (fGlobalMapBloomThresholdBoost:Display) to prevent some objects from glowing on the map (especially for the hot springs south of Windhelm).
  • Added fGlobalMapBrightnessBoost:Display and fGlobalMapContrastBoost:Display to the A Clear Map of Skyrim.ini file for ease of access for tweaking.
  • Decreased the max height on Tamriel map to help prevent users from experiencing the blinking water LOD engine bug that occurs when viewing the map from too high.
  • The No Clouds option now installs blank nifs instead of a blank texture to override clouds on the map. The reason for this is that some weathers (e.g., Cathedral Weathers) use the map cloud texture for some of their cloud layers.
  • Added support for brackets in file paths when using ACMOS Road Generator.
  • ACMOS Road Generator now will show an error message if no LOD32 textures were found during generation.

• 5 months later...