Flickering Meshes Fix (by nicola89b and gururaj20000)

DoubleYou

This is what ELFX has been doing for years.

Do note that it potentially cause issues. ELFX author had to make a patch for BDS (v2) for the Windhelm bridge due to this technique being used. It was causing a CTD when the shader was applied.

However, bravo for it being a standalone mod. I've thought about adding ELFX into the Guide just use their meshes.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

This is what ELFX has been doing for years.

Do note that it potentially cause issues. ELFX author had to make a patch for BDS (v2) for the Windhelm bridge due to this technique being used. It was causing a CTD when the shader was applied.

However, bravo for it being a standalone mod. I've thought about adding ELFX into the Guide just use their meshes.

This is what I do now

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I have been using it. Haven't seen any issues, which of course is the point. It probably has meshes that ELFX doesn't. 

We should probably assess against ELFX to determine which we should be using and if there are any BDS/A compatibility issues

• 3 weeks later...

@TechAngel85 DY wants to accept this one it looks like. I don't have enough info/opinion to say either way. What do you say? We only need to look at conflicts with ELFX and determine what to use from each if using both. I can do that at some point, but I'm not checking all of these meshes against vanilla and ELFX. Word of mouth is fine with me.

47 minutes ago, z929669 said:

NOTE: This mod's author also recommends using ELFX and ELFX Fixes, loading this mod after both, so ...

1. ...
  2. SMIM
  3. ELFX (meshes only)
  4. ELFX Fixes
  5. This mod
  6. ...

I have not checked exactly what FOMOD options we should be using.

• I install ELFX with the SMIM option and then hide anything that isn't meshes/textures.
  • Same for ELFX Fixes
  • All of ELFX Fixes - Exteriors is kept (it still needs to be patched as I just found this the other day)

Here is my current Foundation section:
Screenshot 2021-10-07 141424.jpg

For this mod, I have installed all "No parallax versions", SMIM and Majestic Mountains options.

32 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:
  • I install ELFX with the SMIM option and then hide anything that isn't meshes/textures.
  • Same for ELFX Fixes
  • All of ELFX Fixes - Exteriors is kept (it still needs to be patched as I just found this the other day)

Here is my current Foundation section:
Screenshot 2021-10-07 141424.jpg

For this mod, I have installed all "No parallax versions", SMIM and Majestic Mountains options.

Good, it's more/less as I expected. ELFX must have some textures then, since you have it after SRO? If not, all of that stuff could go before that. I will be looking more closely at all of this stuff tomorrow (working from home, so can do this sort of thing)

I will get the ELFX Fixes mods up on the forums and wiki.