Address Library for SKSE Plugins (by meh321)

TechAngel85

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I've like vote to move this to just below SKSE64 in Extenders to ensure it is loaded early and before any mods require it, including other mods that may be classified as Extenders.

Mods like this can be anywhere in the load order. Why move it to extenders if it's a resource mod? I guess that is arguable, but we should really get a hold on what a resource mod is. IMO, DynDOLOD 'Resources' is a resource mod, for example.

15 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Mods like this can be anywhere in the load order. Why move it to extenders if it's a resource mod? I guess that is arguable, but we should really get a hold on what a resource mod is. IMO, DynDOLOD 'Resources' is a resource mod, for example.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. It belongs in Resources. I was thinking it needed be before other mods that required it. Nevermind. I'm just tired. Haha!

15 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, I didn't think about that. It belongs in Resources. I was thinking it needed be before other mods that required it. Nevermind. I'm just tired. Haha!

:yes: agree ... but what about DynDOLOD Resources, this fits the definition of a resource mod perfectly. Same could be argued for particle patch and USSEP as well, since those do conflict.

19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

:yes: agree ... but what about DynDOLOD Resources, this fits the definition of a resource mod perfectly. Same could be argued for particle patch and USSEP as well, since those do conflict.

Resources
Does the mod extend other mods or provide resources solely for use by other mods without adding content to the game directly?

I don't think those mod fit our description.

28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Particle Patch and USSEP, I agree, but DynDOLOD Resources does perfectly.

Yeah, I don't know how many times I've said Resources is where it's at because it should overwrite the Particle Patch. Granted, that is only 5 meshes so feel free to move it and add instructions to hide the conflicting meshes. 

25 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, I don't know how many times I've said Resources is where it's at because it should overwrite the Particle Patch. Granted, that is only 5 meshes so feel free to move it and add instructions to hide the conflicting meshes. 

Yep, I know. Conflict management is the only reason for the deviation. This is the ONE thing that Vortex does better ... allowing logical categorixation with more configurable conflict management in this particular case.

9 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I've like vote to move this to just below SKSE64 in Extenders to ensure it is loaded early and before any mods require it, including other mods that may be classified as Extenders.

9 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

This makes sense to me. It is basically a core SKSE mod that is required for almost all SKSE plugins to function nowadays.

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

What Z says... SKSE plugins and DLLs are not constrained to the order of the left pane so these mods can literally be placed anywhere and they should work fine assuming assets do not conflict.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...