Jump to content
TechAngel85

Address Library for SKSE Plugins (by meh321)

Recommended Posts

I've like vote to move this to just below SKSE64 in Extenders to ensure it is loaded early and before any mods require it, including other mods that may be classified as Extenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes sense to me. It is basically a core SKSE mod that is required for almost all SKSE plugins to function nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I've like vote to move this to just below SKSE64 in Extenders to ensure it is loaded early and before any mods require it, including other mods that may be classified as Extenders.

Mods like this can be anywhere in the load order. Why move it to extenders if it's a resource mod? I guess that is arguable, but we should really get a hold on what a resource mod is. IMO, DynDOLOD 'Resources' is a resource mod, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Mods like this can be anywhere in the load order. Why move it to extenders if it's a resource mod? I guess that is arguable, but we should really get a hold on what a resource mod is. IMO, DynDOLOD 'Resources' is a resource mod, for example.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. It belongs in Resources. I was thinking it needed be before other mods that required it. Nevermind. I'm just tired. Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, I didn't think about that. It belongs in Resources. I was thinking it needed be before other mods that required it. Nevermind. I'm just tired. Haha!

:yes: agree ... but what about DynDOLOD Resources, this fits the definition of a resource mod perfectly. Same could be argued for particle patch and USSEP as well, since those do conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

:yes: agree ... but what about DynDOLOD Resources, this fits the definition of a resource mod perfectly. Same could be argued for particle patch and USSEP as well, since those do conflict.

Quote

Resources
Does the mod extend other mods or provide resources solely for use by other mods without adding content to the game directly?

I don't think those mod fit our description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I don't think those mod fit our description.

Particle Patch and USSEP, I agree, but DynDOLOD Resources does perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Particle Patch and USSEP, I agree, but DynDOLOD Resources does perfectly.

Yeah, I don't know how many times I've said Resources is where it's at because it should overwrite the Particle Patch. Granted, that is only 5 meshes so feel free to move it and add instructions to hide the conflicting meshes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, I don't know how many times I've said Resources is where it's at because it should overwrite the Particle Patch. Granted, that is only 5 meshes so feel free to move it and add instructions to hide the conflicting meshes. 

Yep, I know. Conflict management is the only reason for the deviation. This is the ONE thing that Vortex does better ... allowing logical categorixation with more configurable conflict management in this particular case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I've like vote to move this to just below SKSE64 in Extenders to ensure it is loaded early and before any mods require it, including other mods that may be classified as Extenders.

 

9 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

This makes sense to me. It is basically a core SKSE mod that is required for almost all SKSE plugins to function nowadays.

 

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

Mods like this can be anywhere in the load order. Why move it to extenders if it's a resource mod? I guess that is arguable, but we should really get a hold on what a resource mod is. IMO, DynDOLOD 'Resources' is a resource mod, for example.

What Z says... SKSE plugins and DLLs are not constrained to the order of the left pane so these mods can literally be placed anywhere and they should work fine assuming assets do not conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has been updated for SkyrimSE.exe 1.6.x, which the mod's author is referring to as "Anniversary Edition". I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it's bound to annoy Arthmoor even more :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By CorneliusC
      Starting a list for all the mods in the current STEP guide, which are in need to be updated (or already are) to work with the current game version 1.6.640. I'm listing only relevant mods in each category (please correct me if i missed anything).
      For a more comprehensive view on SKSE dependencies please see https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins
       
       
    • By mooit
      Hi,
      I'm using DynDOLOD Alpha99...
      In the past I was able to get my distance grass colors more balanced, looking similar, now the farthest distance out is a greener color, then the rest of the grass.
      Here's a screen shot of the grass I am referring to with red boxes around it, that appears greener than the rest...
      Green Grass — Freeimage.host
      I'm using Complex Grass... 
      To balance the colors, is this just playing around the TexGen Direct/Ambient?
      In DynDOLOD I've tried default settings and these settings for the complex grass.
      ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ; make bottom darker to fake shadowing ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 THANKS
    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Particle Patch for ENB by mindflux
      Wiki Link
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.