Convenient Horses (by mitchalek)

TechAngel85

• 2 months later...

The mod is good stable but in my opinion it unbalance the game, making some things a bit easy (for example harvesting ingredients).

The real limitation of this mod (and of all other mods) is the inability of your follower to follow you by horse when you go to the other side of a river.

This mod is updated with some changes. I dont know if it changes the view off it for STEP? I will keep Simple Horses, but maby some others want to try this again?

• Version 7.1

• Removed dynamic mane behavior and not using custom horse mesh anymore because it has been fixed officially.
    • Horse can now lose one training level per its level allowing new attribute to be trained.
    • Horse training experience gains from riding increased by roughly 60%.
    • Horse hp/stamina gain from the Endurance attribute increased from 40/10 to 120/30 per level.
    • Horse speed gain from the Speed attribute increased from 5% to 6.66% per level.
    • Horse carry weight gain from the Strength attribute increased from 50 to 100 per level.
    • Horse unarmed damage gain from the Strength attribute increased from 2 to 5 per level.
    • Horse charge targetMaxHP damage gain from the Strength attribute increased from 2% to 3.33% per level - base from 2% to 10%.

12 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

This mod is updated with some changes. I dont know if it changes the view off it for STEP? I will keep Simple Horses, but maby some others want to try this again?

• Version 7.1

• Removed dynamic mane behavior and not using custom horse mesh anymore because it has been fixed officially.
    • Horse can now lose one training level per its level allowing new attribute to be trained.
    • Horse training experience gains from riding increased by roughly 60%.
    • Horse hp/stamina gain from the Endurance attribute increased from 40/10 to 120/30 per level.
    • Horse speed gain from the Speed attribute increased from 5% to 6.66% per level.
    • Horse carry weight gain from the Strength attribute increased from 50 to 100 per level.
    • Horse unarmed damage gain from the Strength attribute increased from 2 to 5 per level.
    • Horse charge targetMaxHP damage gain from the Strength attribute increased from 2% to 3.33% per level - base from 2% to 10%.

This update makes no difference for us. The biggest issue with this mod is compatibility (really more integration) with other mods that make large changes, like CACO. The mod uses very "defined" lists to accomplish some things like it's harvesting from horseback. Since these lists are defined, any new content will not be picked up by it. There are other ways to doing such without locking yourself into a set of defined objects like formlists do.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Arel said:

Hello, do we get the "Convenient Horses Special Edition Patch" in the optional files section? The guide doesn't say anything about this. It is for adding AE changes to the SE.

Assuming you are following the 1.0.0 guide? If so, then the Step Patches should take care of it. But note the warning at the top of that guide. Things are in flux, and support is limited.

We do not support the 2.0.0 guide, as it's in development.

5 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Assuming you are following the 1.0.0 guide? If so, then the Step Patches should take care of it. But note the warning at the top of that guide. Things are in flux, and support is limited.

We do not support the 2.0.0 guide, as it's in development.

I am following the 1.0.0 guide and will try to provide as much feedback as I can.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, z929669 said:

It's compatible, but we constantly need to patch around it due to the way the mod implements.

I'm looking at the 1.0.4 CR patch and don't see any patching for CH. CH isn't a master though so I didn't really expect to see any. Was the patching abandoned before then or is this a case of PEBCAK?

I ask because as someone who finds horses indispensable*, CH is likewise indispensable. So if the STEP 1.0.0 CR did patch for CH in some way I'm missing, I'd really like to get some idea of what it was so I can implement it myself.

* Seriously, how do people who don't use horses get around on the regular? Do you run/sprint and/or fast-travel everywhere?

36 minutes ago, alphaniner said:

* Seriously, how do people who don't use horses get around on the regular? Do you run/sprint and/or fast-travel everywhere?

Yes. Yes, we do. I typically just walk/run or take a carriage. I don't like to use the fast travel unless I'm just trying to hurry through a quest because I've done it a thousand times. Honestly, Skyrim is not that big of a world map compared to some other games.

As for the patch, I don't remember. It may not have needed much patching.