DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Yeah, sure, I'll use this fix the next time I have to rerun DynDOLOD.
I just wanted to look for an solution where only the giant fires/everything effecting the glow of the giant fires had to be edited. Every other (fake)glow looks normal/less intrusive to me, so with your fix I'll reduce their visibility, too.

But I think this will be the lesse evil.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have both Skyrim and SSE. DynDOLOD is only identifying Skyrim (TES5) and claiming it could not find the ini while I am trying to play SSE. I made a directory for SSE in a different hard drive than where Steam would normally plae mods, in a separate SSD. I have downloaded and tested mods already in SSE. I have Wrye Bash, xEdit, as well as Vortex; however, I am unable to configure this mod through SSE. Can someone please help?

Hello,

I have both Skyrim and SSE. DynDOLOD is only identifying Skyrim (TES5) and claiming it could not find the ini while I am trying to play SSE. I made a directory for SSE in a different hard drive than where Steam would normally plae mods, in a separate SSD. I have downloaded and tested mods already in SSE. I have Wrye Bash, xEdit, as well as Vortex; however, I am unable to configure this mod through SSE. Can someone please help?

Read the installation instructions in the included manual.

By default the tools start in Skyrim mode, which is the same as adding the -tes5 command line parameter. Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. Add -tes5vr as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim VR mode. Add -enderal as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Enderal mode in case the Steam version is used. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

Hi, I still have a problem with LOD for trees being too bright. This is a setup based on Lexy's guide. Re-ran Dyndolod, checked brightness is at -5, and still the tree LODs are quite a bit brighter than the trees itself. Any idea how to fix this?

Hi, I still have a problem with LOD for trees being too bright. This is a setup based on Lexy's guide. Re-ran Dyndolod, checked brightness is at -5, and still the tree LODs are quite a bit brighter than the trees itself. Any idea how to fix this?

The video is set to private.

If you have problems with third party guides you need to check with the author(s) of the guide or use their support forum/discord etc.

If you have problems with LOD resources from third party mods, then you need to check with the author(s) of the mod.

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees 

A: If the billboard tree LOD seems overly dark or bright, use the tree LOD brightness setting on the advanced options to account for lighting changes made by ENBs or weather mods. 

A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions. 

A: The DynDOLOD log will print a detailed list for each tree which billboard (and 3D LOD model if applicable) it is using. Use the base form id like 0006A9E6 to easily find the entries in the log. 

A: Find better matching billboards for the tree mods or create them. See this video

The brightness setting only affects billboards, obviously. 3D tree LOD models should have no noticeable brightness differences if they use the same leaf meshes and textures as their full models. If they use dedicated LOD textures, then you would need to edit them directly.

Edit: Video works now. It seems to show well matching 3D tree LOD. The difference is that LOD does not cast or receive shadows. Shorten the shadow distance or use the ENB effect Distant Shadow that applies shadows to LOD, which can help lessen the effect.
Edited by sheson

Hello,

RTFM

Read the installation instructions in the included manual.

By default the tools start in Skyrim mode, which is the same as adding the -tes5 command line parameter. Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim Special Edition mode. Add -tes5vr as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim VR mode. Add -enderal as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Enderal mode in case the Steam version is used. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

I got it working, thank you so much!

Hey sheson,

First, I wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on DyNDOLOD and making our Skyrim look better! I really appreciate everything you do!  ::):

I'm a bit distraught, because I seem to be running into a problem I can't resolve and I'm at my wits end. I used to run DynDOLOD with Skyrim LE (Oldrim) fully modded and never had any issues. I took a long haitus from playing/modding and now I'm trying to scratch that Skyrim itch again with a modern PC I built late 2019 and with Skyrim SE fully modded. However, for some reason I am getting Windows blue screen (BSOD) only when I run DynDOLOD and I have tried everything I can think of, but it happens every time. I have never had any BSOD with this new PC, except when DynDOLOD is running and it's not an overheating issue either, because my CPU temp hovers around 65-69 at most while DynDOLOD is running, even when it's at 100% full load and memory at most seems to top out at 30% utilization (64 GB).

EDIT: I do not do any overclocking. Everything is running at stock speeds and even RAM is not setup with faster SPD settings, but rather default, slower settings.

I know the typical response about Windows BSOD is that it could be driver related or hardware related, but all my drivers are current and I have even stress tested this PC when I first built it without any issues (I have been building my own PCs for many years so have experience). I have pushed my CPU to 100% load with stress tests and have also run MemTest86 tests for hours with 100% success, no errors, and no BSOD (full CPU load). My PC specs are further down.

I am following "The Northern Experience" modding guide on Nexus and everything was going great until I got to the end (after many days/hours) when I ran DynDOLOD and it saddens me that I can't seem to resolve this. I was able to run xLODGen and TexGen just fine, but only DynDOLOD is where I'm hitting a wall. In the DynDOLOD advanded configuration I have checked/enabled all worlds (upper-left) and have the following boxes checked/enabled as well:

• Candles
  • FXGlow
  • Generate static LOD
  • Create texture atlas
  • Generate tree LOD
  • Generate DynDOLOD
  • Windows
  • High
  • Fake lights child worlds

I initially had chosen the High settings, but then switched to Medium. I have also tried Max tile size of 512 and 256 (with Medium settings). I even tried running DynDOLOD 32-bit instead of 64-bit and have also changed my DynDOLOD_output folder to a different drive than what I originally had setup. I even went as far as to open Task Manager and kill every process that I know doesn't need to be running and also shut off my Anti Virus (Kaspersky) before running DynDOLOD. No matter what I try I still get BSOD

The BSOD error I keep running into is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. And the last time I ran it I wrote down the step it was on right before BSOD, which was the following, but I had also observed it going to BSOD before that step as well, so I don't think there is a consistent BSOD point.

"Creating atlas textures V:\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld.dds from 179 textures

The only thing I have not tried is copying my entire modded SSE and MO2 + DynDOLOD to my old PC (where I used to run Oldrim) to run DynDOLOD from there to see if it works. But that's a lot of data to copy over and if it's the only way to get it to work and I have to later make changes to this modded setup, it will be a pain to have to run DynDOLOD every time I change something. It's still something I may try out of desperation, but I'm hoping you have some suggestions that may help me figure this out. 

My Specs

(Note I have also turned off the option in my UEFI BIOS to prevent CPU from using Turbo but still get BSOD with DynDOLOD)

Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS Coffee Lake 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 (5.0 GHz Turbo)

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm RGB Water Cooling Kit

Thermal Compound (CPU): IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound

RAM: 64GB - 2 x Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Kit (CMW32GX4M2Z3200)

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 (Triple-Fan 11GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0)

PSU: Corsair AX1600i 1600 Watt 80 Plus Titanium ATX

Case: Corsair 1000D

System Drive (SSD): Samsung 970 Pro 1TB SSD 2-bit MLC NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal

Games (Skyrim SE + MO2 + DyNDOLOD) Drive (SSD): Samsung 860 EVO 4TB SSD 3-bit MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal

NOTE: 8 x 120mm intake fans in front + 2 x 120mm exhaust fans in back and 2 x 140mm exhaust on top (radiator)

• CPU idles around 34 degrees and never goes above 69-70 degrees at full 100% CPU load

Help!  ::):   :cry:

Edited by PCG4m3r

I know the typical response about Windows BSOD is that it could be driver related or hardware related

Nothing else to it. A program would have to be maliciously exploit things to cause BOSD.

Search for the BSOD code together with the chipset/CPU/GPU combination. Look at overclocking guides for the Motherboard/CPU combination. Good guides/discussions have a list of issues and their causes/solutions.

Edited by sheson

Nothing else to it. A program would have to be maliciously exploit things to cause BOSD.

Search for the BSOD code together with the chipset/CPU/GPU combination. Look at overclocking guides for the Motherboard/CPU combination. Good guides/discussions have a list of issues and their causes/solutions.

It looks like just reaching out to you and you responding was the magic sauce I needed, because guess what? IT WORKS NOW! I'm so happy! I took your advice and spent some time reading up on various topics, but based on my error (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) the common response was that it was likely something related to the RAM. Digging further, I found a couple suggestions about increasing the memory voltage up to 1.35 and I recalled seeing that in my BIOS. I never enabled the XMP settings for my RAM (I called it "SPD" in my original post but meant "XMP"), because I was getting fast enough performance with just stock settings. However, with XMP enabled it boosts my voltage to 1.35 to achieve the higher speed settings and that was all I changed. After booting to Windows I loaded up MO2, ran DynDOLOD and it worked without a problem. 

Hopefully this helps someone else who may be in a similar situation.

Thanks sheson! I now have beautiful LODs again. You're awesome and thanks for the help!  ::):

im having a problem with tree lods disappearing in solstheim when getting close. playing skyrim se, using latest dyndolod, myrkvior trees, and using treelod=0 and flagtrees=1. the lod is shown as full model trees when far, but when close, the entire tree disappears but there is still collision around where it should be. only certain tree models do this. the ashy pines disappear. nothing is overwritting dyndolod.esp or the loose files. i dont think its the tree mod fault, since ive tested with evt, myrkvior, and solstheim landscape overhaul, and all 3 had their version of these pines disappearing. tested all 3 with dyndold on a fresh profile with next to nothing, and everything was fine. it seems there is some sort of conflict in my load order, but nothing overwrites my current tree mod in the esp or loose files, and dyndolod is last in load order. are there any common reasons why trees would have lod and disappear up close, but still have collision?

im having a problem with tree lods disappearing in solstheim when getting close. playing skyrim se, using latest dyndolod, myrkvior trees, and using treelod=0 and flagtrees=1. the lod is shown as full model trees when far, but when close, the entire tree disappears but there is still collision around where it should be. only certain tree models do this. the ashy pines disappear. nothing is overwritting dyndolod.esp or the loose files. i dont think its the tree mod fault, since ive tested with evt, myrkvior, and solstheim landscape overhaul, and all 3 had their version of these pines disappearing. tested all 3 with dyndold on a fresh profile with next to nothing, and everything was fine. it seems there is some sort of conflict in my load order, but nothing overwrites my current tree mod in the esp or loose files, and dyndolod is last in load order. are there any common reasons why trees would have lod and disappear up close, but still have collision?

LOD meshes and textures do not affect anything in loaded cells. Collision typically means a NIF was loaded, which points to an alpha/transparency or texture issue.

I'm having some pretty major framerate/stutter issues when I try to use Dyndolod SE. At first I thought it was too many large textures maxing my VRAM so I used Octagon to lower all textures down to 1-2k. Even on low Dyndolod settings my game will freeze up every 5-10 seconds and drop from 60 down to 20 or lower fps. Using every performance monitor I could find like Afterburner, Skyrim Performance Monitor, Steams FPS counter, etc... I ruled out hardware limitations on my end. Still have lots of headroom for GPU, CPU, RAM, and VRAM even with Dyndolod active, no thermal throttling happening, core utilization is normal. However I'm still lagging and stuttering only when using Dyndolod. I can add an ENB, 4K texture mods, whatever and still stay stable at 60fps. I've been wracking my brain for weeks trying to figure out what is causing the dips. I haven't seen many users with this issue on forums so I don't have much to go on to diagnose it. Could it have something to do with Large Reference Grids? I don't really touch those settings, just leave them at the default, same with Max Tile Size.

https://modwat.ch/u/agodelianshock/plugins

Specs:

Intel i7-6700k

GTX 1660 SUPER

16GB RAM

I've been wracking my brain for weeks trying to figure out what is causing the dips. I haven't seen many users with this issue on forums so I don't have much to go on to diagnose it. Could it have something to do with Large Reference Grids? I don't really touch those settings, just leave them at the default, same with Max Tile Size.

In those weeks you surely tried different INI settings, tested what happens if you selectively disable different LOD types and checked if there are script errors in the papyrus logs. What are the results?

The uploaded modwatch does not contain any TexGen/DynDOLOD output or plugins. The plugin sort order seems strange with Open Cities at the end.

Generate LOD for Open Cities in two steps as explained in the manual.

Check the generation log for errors and warnings.

There is nothing in the generated LOD mod that runs in regularly intervals. LOD only changes if the player character moves across exterior cell borders.

Edited by sheson