SRLE extended LOTD. Suggestions for new additions.

If its any worth anything Lexy and Nozzer, i have Dawn of Skyrim(Original), JK's cities- lite/superlite, Greater Skaal village, Better Tel Mithryn, Tesv expanded1.4, Better city entrances, Better dwemer exteriors, Blackreach overhaul, Greater Saarthal, Raven rock expanded, Severin Manor improvements, Snowbound acres, The Watch Towers, Understone keep fountains and rubble, Windhelm lighthouse, Winterhold - expanded ruins and Better docks merged(bar Dawn and JK's- with Dawn esp placed in optional) as Town and Villages Merged. Loaded after these Sexy/Authentic textures(Sirjesto Recommendation). Paul shared this with me around September last year as they work with ICAIO and the look it gives the cities etc is lovely. FPS around 40/45 with my rig that's now 3/4 years old. Some small fixes needed but overall i'm happy. I have them loaded before Books of Skyrim and Athmoors villages...and sorry not posted in a spoiler, don't know how...if any one can point this out i would appreciate it. Any way do with this as you see fit

Berndaroy PS i would love to see Paul version if it was at all possible with present SRLE EXT LOTD version

Edited by berndaroy

If you really want ICAIO with my ECTV collection you need to spend 1 or 2 days to fix/move all nav meshes around skyrim where they conflict.

That sounds amazing all combined. You have an instruction list for all this?

what instruction list? Install the mods then fix all conflicts in xedit ! :)

I must say I have always been tempted by your and JDs' ECTV list on your Requiem guide but there is also of degree on my part of not wanting to rip apart our guide which arguably is quite stable.

you dont need to rip apart the guide. Install this for yourself if you want it.

That sounds amazing all combined. You have an instruction list for all this?

No instructions and it's not finished quite yet.  I've spent most of a week getting all of it working properly in SSE about to start re-building navmeshes as needed today.   I hope to finish it up by end of this weekend.

Ya i understand Lexy..Navmeshes scare me silly, so to speak. As i don't usually have followers i can sort of get away with it. But one has got to learn..Providing a simple clear instruction can be found on how to LOL. It when you load your merge to fix with ck, then it moans that size is an issue, when loaded and save to regenerate navmesh, end up with 1000 errors in xedit. Or try Arthmoors guide but that confuses me..any way just my simple experiences so far... but i will learn

Berndaroy

I'm with Lexy. The guide's stable as it is. I say we leave it as it is for now. Not that I expressly like ICAIO over Populated etc, but if it's working I say we leave it alone.

I don't want to screw around with things like navmeshes for this when we have something that works now and still looks OK.

I'm with Lexy. The guide's stable as it is. I say we leave it as it is for now. Not that I expressly like ICAIO over Populated etc, but if it's working I say we leave it alone.

I don't want to screw around with things like navmeshes for this when we have something that works now and still looks OK.

Using the ECTV setup in Reqtified guide won't require any navmesh tomfoolery for anyone as long as you re-host the finished merge.

Having said that feel free to use it or not use it, no biggie either way. :D

Ya i understand Lexy..Navmeshes scare me silly, so to speak. As i don't usually have followers i can sort of get away with it. But one has got to learn..Providing a simple clear instruction can be found on how to LOL. It when you load your merge to fix with ck, then it moans that size is an issue, when loaded and save to regenerate navmesh, end up with 1000 errors in xedit. Or try Arthmoors guide but that confuses me..any way just my simple experiences so far... but i will learn

Berndaroy

navmeshes are not only for followers. Think of them as a railroad and the train needs it to navigate and if it's broken they derail. NPCs use them aswell. If they are broken or placed on with conflicting objects, then they can bump into walls or just stay still into wierd places... not a pretty site.

Edited by paul666root

mmm finally very exciting we'll definitely take a look at it when it's had a bit more development. 

Just in case people don't quit eunderstand... his prologue is not 'alpha' it's fully release quality mod for the features currently contained.  If it doesn't ahve the features you want yet then waiting makes sense.  If it does, however, have features you want there's no point in waiting.. it's already a full quality chesko release.  Prologue just means it's only a subset of the features anticipated in the final version.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Not that I have a stake in the game, but... I always found city mods to be highly demanding in terms of performance and compatibility, yet add very little of consequence to the game.

ICAIO gives NPC's a much greater sense of life, and adds so many small touches to their behaviour... without it the citizens of Skyrim are dull, lifeless robots.  Increasing their numbers just means more dull, lifeless robots.

Just my opinion, but for my money ICAIO adds much more to the game than any city mod, and doesn't cost anywhere near the performance.

Ah! thank you Paul. That explains why the Dean of the bards on the way to Blue Palace got as far as entrance adjacent to Museum and stopped dead in a previous play through, but waited awhile and found him in the Blue Palace later on. So it begs the question, is there a easy explained guide(for laymen) on how to fix them?

Berndaroy

Not that I have a stake in the game, but... I always found city mods to be highly demanding in terms of performance and compatibility, yet add very little of consequence to the game.

ICAIO gives NPC's a much greater sense of life, and adds so many small touches to their behaviour... without it the citizens of Skyrim are dull, lifeless robots.  Increasing their numbers just means more dull, lifeless robots.

Just my opinion, but for my money ICAIO adds much more to the game than any city mod, and doesn't cost anywhere near the performance.

Actualy i had quite some performance gained when i dropped ICAIO. And this is all point of view and taste. For me i would rather have the stupid peasant or the XY vendor be stupid and robotlike rather than explore dull cities that look like villages or towns that look like they were bombed. I dont stay and chat with every NPC i'd rather spend the time enjoying the views and explore. But that's me. I'm always on the move.

PS I was talking about Oldrim. In SSE i got 50+ FPS all the time mostly 60

Edited by paul666root