wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

mmm, I found a save that was not bugged (I tried out a Sanctuary overhaul mod and it broke all mesh info) Currently trying to work out Settlement mods that actualy work together.

That's what I'm trying to help you do :P

Something that I'm curious about with Place Everywhere, in the instructions it talks about making sure you have a /Data/F4SE/Plugins and that place.dll is there. I have neither of those things and wondering if you do... and if you do, where do I get those?

What a crock of S--T Settlement mods are...

sooo I have

Snap'n Build
Settlement Keywords
Alternate Settlements
Homemaker
OCDecorator
Functional Weapon Racks

SM Kitchens

craftable showers

now all working with functional Settlement menu WOW just wow it's not a A+B=C it's a fault finding expedition!!!!

I think I will have A seperate page just on Settlement mods

Soo out of these mods what do you think I should add they apparently work together (with a F-----g huge hammer)

[spoiler=settlement mod list] Settlement Keywords
Advanced Settlement Turret Set (+ SK patch)
Alternate Furniture (requires SK)
Alternate Settlements (requires SK)
Art Gallery
AS Craftable Institute Stations
Better Stores (SK version)
Business Settlements (+ SK patch)
Boston Bigheads Standalone Signs
Civil Defense Posters (SK version)
Clean Settlement Shacks (compatibility version)
Colored Workshop Lights
Convenient Stores
DDProductions AiO (or any other of his mods)
Eli's Craftable Flower Pots
Expanded Settlement Buildings (uncategorized version)
Fallout Themed Custom Paintings
Flags of the Commonwealth
Flags of the Old World
Functional Weapon Racks
Gruffydd's Signs and Posters
Homemaker (+ SK patch)
Just Curtains
Just Rugs
Lore Friendly Flags
MOAR Turrets
Ms.Rae's Wasteland Curtains
NX Pro Farming (requires SK)
Modern Bobblehead - Robot Stand
Modern Magazine Shelf
OCDecorator (frameworked version)
OSHA Unapproved - Safety Signage
Renovated Furniture
Robot Home Defence (+ SK patch)
Snap'n Build (+ SK patch)
Selectable Mark I-VII Machinegun Turret (+ SK patch)

Edited by Gernash

Wow, you've been busy! Been busy the past couple of days so sorry for not getting back to you. As to that issue, I'm surprised the console command for just deleting whatever it is you are aiming at doesn't work. Granted I haven't had that issue before so I haven't had to deal with it.

I would recommend going with Scrap Everything instead of Spring Cleaning by the way. Although it would seem that Spring Cleaning does work for some, enough people are saying it doesn't work with DLCs that I don't see a reason going with it over Scrap Everything. Not to mention which Spring Cleaning hasn't been updated for some time whereas Scrap Everything is still very much active. In fact, the last update was in January which means the mod hasn't received an update since the CK came out. 

One important note with that mod is that the author says to put it at the end of the load order so probably install last (or just make sure it's at the end of load order when complete). 

I'm unsure where you are going with this, I do not have any cleaning mods in the mod list. I just made a comment some where in there about ddl injection and the hazards with cell errors. I just had one with testing a sanctuary mod and it broke sooo much (4hrs game play).

If you want a Cleaning up the commonwealth section then I'd only advocate mods like

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2711/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11503/?

Edited by Gernash

So. I am desperately trying to get mod Organizer to work... But It really hates my guts. I have [ModOrganizer2] installed in the fallout 4 folder {C:/Games/Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout 4}. I am running windows 7 on drive "D:" so , I'm not sure if that matters.

I'm trying to get a buttload of mods installed (i can't stop) and the obvious issue is load order and conflicts. Unfortunately, transferring over to MO2 from NMM has been a very painful operation.  Loot wont see any of my MO mods when run alone, and it crashes when I run it through MO. FO4Edit just tells me ' Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AnyModAnyWeapon.esp" ' for all of my mods... and Wyre just stopped working in general (though that was before i switched, so probs not related).

Going back to Loot, It does at least load up when I enable just one mod, so perhaps its the fact I have a boatload of mods? I didn't think loot care about plugin count.  I'll go through my mods and see if loot loads more that just one.

Not really sure what to do with FO4Edit. It just started at least looking at the plugin list, before it stated an access violation, but I'm at a loss. I have tried putting it in a variety of places, but alas, The Fallout 4 folder is the one that gives the best results so far.

THank you so much for any info, and I will try to be as proactive as possible, I'mm trying everything in the thread...

Any Help will be answered with dancing and joyful singing.

What a crock of S--T Settlement mods are...

sooo I have

Snap'n Build

Settlement Keywords

Alternate Settlements

Homemaker

OCDecorator

Functional Weapon Racks

SM Kitchens

craftable showers

now all working with functional Settlement menu WOW just wow it's not a A+B=C it's a fault finding expedition!!!!

I think I will have A seperate page just on Settlement mods

Soo out of these mods what do you think I should add they apparently work together (with a F-----g huge hammer)

[spoiler=settlement mod list] Settlement Keywords

Advanced Settlement Turret Set (+ SK patch)

Alternate Furniture (requires SK)

Alternate Settlements (requires SK)

Art Gallery

AS Craftable Institute Stations

Better Stores (SK version)

Business Settlements (+ SK patch)

Boston Bigheads Standalone Signs

Civil Defense Posters (SK version)

Clean Settlement Shacks (compatibility version)

Colored Workshop Lights

Convenient Stores

DDProductions AiO (or any other of his mods)

Eli's Craftable Flower Pots

Expanded Settlement Buildings (uncategorized version)

Fallout Themed Custom Paintings

Flags of the Commonwealth

Flags of the Old World

Functional Weapon Racks

Gruffydd's Signs and Posters

Homemaker (+ SK patch)

Just Curtains

Just Rugs

Lore Friendly Flags

MOAR Turrets

Ms.Rae's Wasteland Curtains

NX Pro Farming (requires SK)

Modern Bobblehead - Robot Stand

Modern Magazine Shelf

OCDecorator (frameworked version)

OSHA Unapproved - Safety Signage

Renovated Furniture

Robot Home Defence (+ SK patch)

Snap'n Build (+ SK patch)

Selectable Mark I-VII Machinegun Turret (+ SK patch)

I'm unsure where you are going with this, I do not have any cleaning mods in the mod list. I just made a comment some where in there about ddl injection and the hazards with cell errors. I just had one with testing a sanctuary mod and it broke sooo much (4hrs game play).

If you want a Cleaning up the commonwealth section then I'd only advocate mods like

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2711/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11503/?

So a couple of things; to start off with don't use Alternate Settlements. If you check the front page for that mod, you'll see that it's no longer supported (for that matter, drop Modular Kitchen as it was a part of Alternate Settlements so not sure why you had it in the first place). If you want something like that, go with SMH On second thought, You have Snap n' Build which does something very similar so run with it.  And #2, as someone who was into and am into the idea of building settlements, there are two must have mods before any others because they fix the two most damn annoying things about the base game.     

1) Scrap Everything. Now I could have sworn you had Spring Cleaning, but I guess you didn't. For someone like me that works so damn long on making a fantastic settlement, to see all this junk just laying around pisses me off. It's like seriously you lazy ass settlers! Is no one going to clean it up! You have no idea how much an annoyance that is. 

2) Snappable Junk Fences. This one boggles my mind why it wasn't something already in the game. Look, it might just be me being a stickler, but what the hell is the point of building a wall for defense around your settlement and leave big gaping holes for bad guys to shoot you through!?!? Like did no one think this stuff? 

Those two plus Place Everywhere are essential mods because they fix huge annoyances that exist even if you are just playing vanilla. The rest to me are entirely optional honestly because they just add more stuff. Don't get me wrong; I'm still looking through them and will probably use about half a dozen more mods, but that's probably it. 

The last point I'd make is installed Settlement Keywords Expanded second to last (last being Scrap Everything). That way it can properly patch everything that has already been installed. I don't know for sure if it makes a difference, just makes sense is all. 

So. I am desperately trying to get mod Organizer to work... But It really hates my guts. I have [ModOrganizer2] installed in the fallout 4 folder {C:/Games/Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout 4}. I am running windows 7 on drive "D:" so , I'm not sure if that matters.

I'm trying to get a buttload of mods installed (i can't stop) and the obvious issue is load order and conflicts. Unfortunately, transferring over to MO2 from NMM has been a very painful operation.  Loot wont see any of my MO mods when run alone, and it crashes when I run it through MO. FO4Edit just tells me ' Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "AnyModAnyWeapon.esp" ' for all of my mods... and Wyre just stopped working in general (though that was before i switched, so probs not related).

Going back to Loot, It does at least load up when I enable just one mod, so perhaps its the fact I have a boatload of mods? I didn't think loot care about plugin count.  I'll go through my mods and see if loot loads more that just one.

Not really sure what to do with FO4Edit. It just started at least looking at the plugin list, before it stated an access violation, but I'm at a loss. I have tried putting it in a variety of places, but alas, The Fallout 4 folder is the one that gives the best results so far.

THank you so much for any info, and I will try to be as proactive as possible, I'mm trying everything in the thread...

In the current Beta state that MO2 is in, I almost think it's necessary to wipe clean and start from scratch. Importing NMM mods over to MO was a bit of a trick in and of itself but here... I know he has instructions, but it's better to just start from scratch in my opinion. Less overall headaches in my opinion. 

In the current Beta state that MO2 is in, I almost think it's necessary to wipe clean and start from scratch. Importing NMM mods over to MO was a bit of a trick in and of itself but here... I know he has instructions, but it's better to just start from scratch in my opinion. Less overall headaches in my opinion. 

Edited by Aeradom

@Nsamurai

Mod organizer behaves in an odd fashion if in the {C:/Games/Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout 4} Due to the way it makes it's virtual drive to access the mods. Move it to D:\ModOrganizer2

This is the conversion process

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki#Converting_to_My_wiki_is_easy.....

The only things to check are:

MO2 running as admin

Loot installed via the installer

FO4edit Just in a folder and you just add it via the MO2 launcher edit

the folder in c:\users\{username}\local\modorganizer has the little arrow symbol on it for the link redirection

mo2 is not running in portable mode

you have not changed the base directory in MO2 settings or any of the other Paths.

Migrating from NMM - (If all else fails)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND well no YOU HAVE TO reset all of the installation.

delete all files in C:/Games/Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout 4

delete c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\modorganizer

delete c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\fallout4

delete c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\LOOT

delete c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\usvfs

uninstall loot

!!!!THE FOLLOWING MAY CAUSE ISSUES WITH YOUR COMPUTER IF IT"S IN BAD ORDER I"M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF IT BECOMES A POTATO!!!

run tfc (temp file cleaner) https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tfc/

malware/spyware https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

run ccleaner or some other non invasive reg cleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Now go to steam and check files let it reinstall Fallout 4

install MO2 as per the guide use D: NOT the fO4 install path

install loot as per the guide

install FO4Edit as per the guide

install 1 mod, check if either LOOT or FO4Edit can see the mod if not CHECK EVERYTHING!

if it still does not work then boot into game menu and see if the addon is there, if it is, then another person had the issue that mo2 ran and installed mods but was unable to use loot and FO4Edit I spent considerable time on their PC and could not resolve it, IMO it was a service pack/OS issue. i.e. system restore back a few months/reload computer.

Edited by Gernash

@Aeradom

Alternate Settlements(new mod is SMH) is an old mod like oc and Homemaker. People that use old Saves need to have it or they loose walls etc

Modular Kitchen is a standallone mod I've seen no other mod that adds kitchen features like it does.

Homemaker vs Snap'nBuld - Homemaker is an SKE supported mod and lives in the SKE folder it is there for peoples old SAVES it does not run any of it's submodules as Snap'nBuld is a BA2 and lives in Structures TAB and does Similar modules as HOMEMAKER.

Snappable Junk Fences-agreed

Place Everywhere-agreed

Settlement Keywords Expanded - it uses a esp replacement for the mods in the list any compatable mods that use the SKE Structure(without esp replacer) Just inset their menu there i.e. NX PRO Farming

SKE does not seem to be overwritten by anything and also it's an ESM file so you cannot move it from the top of the plugin load order (it's in itallics)

Scrap Everything YEP I agree, but I won't put it up as a Mod due to 1 in a million cell issues. I'll add a section on cleaning the commonwealth without fomod installers so people can be aware of those type of mods and can make their own decision.

Edited by Gernash

@Aeradom

Alternate Settlements(new mod is SMH) is an old mod like oc and Homemaker. People that use old Saves need to have it or they loose walls etc

Modular Kitchen is a standallone mod I've seen no other mod that adds kitchen features like it does.

Homemaker vs Snap'nBuld - Homemaker is an SKE supported mod and lives in the SKE folder it is there for peoples old SAVES it does not run any of it's submodules as Snap'nBuld is a BA2 and lives in Structures TAB and does Similar modules as HOMEMAKER.

Snappable Junk Fences-agreed

Place Everywhere-agreed

Settlement Keywords Expanded - it uses a esp replacement for the mods in the list any compatable mods that use the SKE Structure(without esp replacer) Just inset their menu there i.e. NX PRO Farming

SKE does not seem to be overwritten by anything and also it's an ESM file so you cannot move it from the top of the plugin load order (it's in itallics)

Scrap Everything YEP I agree, but I won't put it up as a Mod due to 1 in a million cell issues. I'll add a section on cleaning the commonwealth without fomod installers so people can be aware of those type of mods and can make their own decision.

I get with older saves you don't want to be removing or changing mods, but I don't think this setup should be for people with current saves, but ones starting new games (like myself). I'm pretty sure with STEP and SRLE the whole point of those big overhaul setups is to be done with a new game and clean install. That's how I came across the list was looking for new mods to install. And for people like me, I shouldn't be installing Alternate Settlements. It's your setup of course, and you should do what you think is best, it's just I don't think that's what the average person who finds this list is going to be thinking. 

As far as the cell issues are concerned, I'd be curious what you mean by that. I looked over Scrap Everything's front page, the bug page, and even the posts section and wasn't finding people complaining of a major issue. 

Something I can't believe I forgot is that you need something to raise settlement budget. I'm going to use this one: But if you do add something like this (there are others, but you have to use console commands which I'd rather limit) then a warning that the budget is there for a reason and can worsen performance. 

cell issue, fall through the earth running bug, CDT when building over "Cleaned" area. that sort of thing

(READING their forums it says they have performed exhaustive tests so those issues don't occur)

1 in a million is still chance of occurring.

Like my alternate settlements you can opt not to install it just as you can install any mod you choose.

the STEP/Overhaul NEED to LISTEN is in 3 areas

how to install MO2

{NOW} The settlements page as that is conflicting mod territory.

VIS+DEF_UI (mx farming,weapn displays) conflicts

DEF_UI + Armorsmith (swf conflict)

AWK + Bettermod description (4 conflicts)

I can put up a 500mod install but that would only be for my entertainment Nobody other than you has asked for anything specific. The Settlements Under construction page is an overhaul for compatibility from the OLD list.

I think what I might do is and old saves link (pre-creation kit) and main list.

so No SKE and just sub menu re-placers.

@Gernash

1st. order of business :    :dance:  :celebration::sing: 

Thanks a lot. Your guide helped a lot.

I uninstalled everything (except my mods, because 16 gigs doesn't just go away and come back that easily!), including loot, mo, and I did my best to refresh the Fallout 4 folder (takes ages to verify).

The Windows event viewer was telling me that it was an issue with Visual Basic 2013, so I repaired both the x86 and x64 versions and restarted before installing MO2 like the wiki, after installing loot.

I am currently able to use loot. This is amazing. It says the other plugins are not enabled, but I can still sort them in LOOT so It's still a win, (but not from MO, the sort function is still broken). (Oddly enough, Loot claims that New Calibers.esp should have priority over some esm's..) Great 'STEP' forward.... *snicker*....

FO4Edit also seems to be working. I keep it in [C:/Games/Mods/xEdit/...], so I can keep all the stuff updated all at once.

Unfortunately, Every time I run loot, the plugins I specifically disabled in MO2 are enabled again when I close LOOT. I realize now that this was probably because I had fallou4 open to redownload Modern firearms. Upon closing Fallout, Loot no longer opens. Yay. FML. ::(: :confused: