wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

ij = in you don't speak tired?

the profiles the credit card icon up the top of MO2 opens a box you can add a profile. The reason you do this is say you want to check out a mod you can create a new profile and enable it there is all goes to S..T you can switch back from the drop down box that says profile above you mod load order.

this just lets you have different mod running on the same game i.e. Adult mods + Wife = You're gonna have a bad time......

so e.g. profiles

Profile 1 :- Main Working Set

Profile 2 :- Gernash's Awesome Wiki of Awesomeness

Profile 3 :- Adult Mods

Profile 4 :- Mod testing

So when you muck around you don't mess up Profile 1 (The whole point of ModOrganizer IMO well other than not damaging your install folder)

Texture shrinking for low end PC's

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/?

is the one I was looking at

(I'm Never doing to use lower textures, this is for Guide info)

To the first point, no and sadly I don't have the common sense to come to that conclusion. It really should be a disability...

At any rate, I know what profiles are, but I thought they weren't working properly with MO2. If that's the case, then why do people need to "convert" to your wiki when they could just create a new profile? 

@Aeradom

UFO Post?

Oh nevermind, again lack of common sense. Just for laughs though at my expense, I noticed under the Unofficial Fallout Patch section where it said not to unpack the BA2 assets. I only just figured out that it was referring to the mod itself, not in general. My bad. 

And speaking of no common sense, I looked through the settlement mods but didn't see a scapping one. I consider that essential to remove those unsightly trash around settlements. 

Edited by Aeradom

Back to the land of warm, yay! (9 day holiday in chilly Melbourne)

Me again, had everything working perfectly before I left, and now FO4Edit is doing that thing where it can't find the ini.

WTF? After I redid everything per the guide, and all good, it goes and does this? NMM has been gone from my PC since the big reinstall.

Checked the "..\Users\Kelten\Appdata\Fallout4" and had a plugins.nmm.bak file plus plugins.txt. Deleted the nmm.bak file, tried FO4Edit, no dice. Got rid of plugins.txt, tried FO4Edit, no dice.

What the hell? I haven't reinstalled NMM, so I have no idea what's going on.

@CEILINGRAT

which ini are you refering to?

The last issue was NMM can you explain the issue you are having, I'm happy to help.

@Aeradom

why do people need to "convert" to your wiki

um changing the base director in settings dosent work

running MO in standalone dosent work

Having the mods in the default directory \local\modorginizer dosent work

sooooo if you want to use MO2 then......... :innocent:

OH and A whole week has gone by F4SE is updated Shadowboost

And another FO4 patch since you played

Edited by Gernash

It's doing this again.

Twas working before, now it's not and I have no idea why.

Could a game update do this?

However,  fixed.

Did the steps as before -

-delete everything in AppData\Local\Fallout4

-run game through Steam, exit when in main menu.

-reinstalled downloaded (UFO4P) mod through MO2, hit replace.

-run FO4Edit, hey it works!

My only excuse is tired.

The only thing I can think of is the user\appdata\local is a protected folder and when you do anything in there it "caches" the changes and if the pc crashes or a restore is done or Microsoft want's to stuff you around then it replaces the files....this is a feature since vista "protected sandbox mode" or something

you can "clear" the cache with ccleaner or Advanced system care from IOBIT or

press Windows key+x and type disk Cleanup and tick all the boxes then click the cleanup system files this is where all you installation files from upgrades and "summer patches" in windows 10 (summer patches are 3gb in place reloads of your computer to update to the new kernel) i.e. the 1hr+ update it did or is going to do :woot:

Basically it's all rubbish

So, I got everything working up until adding mods.  Nothing I add through MO2 is showing up in LOOT or FO4Edit.  I'm running both through MO2, there are no error messages at all, and the DLC shows up in both just fine.  Let me know what other information is needed to hopefully fix this.

@Atalanta

The only things to check are:

MO2 running as admin

Loot installed via the installer

FO4edit Just in a folder and you just add it via the MO2 launcher edit

the folder in c:\users\{username}\local\modorganizer has the little arrow symbol on it for the link redirection

mo2 is not running in portable mode

you have not changed the base directory in MO2 or any of the other Paths.

The only other person that was having issues and all of the above was checked and working had to do the following

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki#Checking_.5CLocal.5CFallout4_Validity

and after a couple of weeks it "broke" again and had to repeat the process

Look at POST #65 up above

Edited by Gernash

@Atalanta

The only things to check are:

MO2 running as admin

Loot installed via the installer

FO4edit Just in a folder and you just add it via the MO2 launcher edit

the folder in c:\users\{username}\local\modorganizer has the little arrow symbol on it for the link redirection

mo2 is not running in portable mode

you have not changed the base directory in MO2 or any of the other Paths.

The only other person that was having issues and all of the above was checked and working had to do the following

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/MODWiki#Checking_.5CLocal.5CFallout4_Validity

and after a couple of weeks it "broke" again and had to repeat the process

Look at POST #65 up above

Check, check, check, check, and check.  And then did the validity thing twice, no luck.  Everything is showing up in the right place in the files, but LOOT and FO4Edit aren't showing anything.

@Atalanta

If you press "windows key"+x then run

Paste C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local and press enter

scroll down till you see the Modorganizer folder with the arrow mklink click into it

do you see a Fallout4 folder and nothing else?

If you go into it do you see your downloads,logs,mods,overwrite,proviles and webcache folders and 2-3 loose files?

IF you go into your mod folder are all your mods there?

Edited by Gernash

@Atalanta

If you press "windows key"+x then run

Paste C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local and press enter

scroll down till you see the Modorganizer folder with the arrow mklink click into it

do you see a Fallout4 folder and nothing else?

If you go into it do you see your downloads,logs,mods,overwrite,proviles and webcache folders and 2-3 loose files?

IF you go into your mod folder are all your mods there?

(I'm on Win7 so the shortcut doesn't work btw)

Everything is there, identical to the ModOrganizer2Data folder.  All the mods, all the downloads, the profile, and all the tools are there in the folder, too.