wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@Nsamuri

without MO2

delete c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\fallout4

start FO4 via steam

close fo4

start mo2

Check on the main menu is your addons are in the mainmenu mods loadorder

is there anythin in there at all (LOOK at IT) it may show mods you are not loading through MO2 and indicate you have installed them in some other way

Ok, Yes. I have modern firearms installed. I guess it is causing all kinds of **** to happen. Isn't it? My little brother likes it, but if using beth.net and MO2 is a fools errand, I'll concede.

How you said that, tho:

tumblr_inline_neuwugET5G1qdcehs.jpg

Edited by Nsamurai

Well. It all works now.

I am seriously pissed that I can't use bethnet mods and external mods at the same time. Like, seriously pissed. But ecstatic that all my issues were really all based on that one stupid file.  I just zipped up that mod and installed via MO, F*** you Bethesda, I do what I want.

THanks again Gernash. You should probably add a little note that says that bethnet mods will break MO2. Edit: (I know you say having mods installed beforehand will break it, but I reinstalled the mod and it still broke it)

Edited by Nsamurai

@Nsamuri

?????? copy paste but why????

Cough https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10737/? cough

I'll make a more clearer note about other modmanagers

the joy of MO2

OH as a note I just have not add new caliber yet, once that's done the wiki will be fully compatable with weaponsmith (with weapon list patch)

Edited by Gernash

I'd love to use weaponsmith Extended, If I weren't too poor to buy the season pass. That costs more than the game to actually buy. ( I didn't play fallout until after the price jacked up).

And by bethnet mods, I mean mods installed by the in-game method.

I am a nexus exclusive kind of guy. Though certain AFK mods are useful.

@aeradom Yeah.well, Modern Firearms Tactical edition. It is pretty cool, absurdly powerful in the early game,nbut that is balanced by the fact that enemies using them will kill you.

That's the mod that doesn't exist anymore on Nexus right? 

Also @Gernash Okay, we went through this before but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong as it says the directory doesn't exist (but I used the address at the top) tell me what you think looks wrong: "mklink /J C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data"

@GrantSP

If you change the Base directory in the Path Fied in the MO2 Settings or any of the other directories in there You will have issues.

The Aplication MO2 is Happy if you change it and you can see all your stuff etc (appart from 1st run default folder creation), But The issue that the MKlink is there for is that usvfs_x64.dll is unaware that you have made the change and still uses the default setting and creates it's virtual folder structure from the user folder.

@aeradom

C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data

1st Move the folder out of the FO4 install path usvfs will have a brain fart if you run it like that.

sooo like

C:\Games\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data

mklink /J C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer C:\Games\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data

Dosent exist eh.....If you don't wanna do the above and risk it then

mklink /J C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data"

there is a space in fallout and 4 (just remember the location you have chosen is not recommended and having spaces in a filepath "can" cause issues in some situations.

Also a good Idea to name Profiles "this_is_my_Profile" (more of a best practice rather then an issue I've seen)

Edited by Gernash

@GrantSP

If you change the Base directory in the Path Fied in the MO2 Settings or any of the other directories in there You will have issues.

The Aplication MO2 is Happy if you change it and you can see all your stuff etc (appart from 1st run default folder creation), But The issue that the MKlink is there for is that usvfs_x64.dll is unaware that you have made the change and still uses the default setting and creates it's virtual folder structure from the user folder.

@aeradom

C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data

1st Move the folder out of the FO4 install path usvfs will have a brain fart if you run it like that.

sooo like

C:\Games\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data

mklink /J C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer C:\Games\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data

Dosent exist eh.....If you don't wanna do the above and risk it then

mklink /J C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\ModOrganizer2\ModOrganizer2Data"

there is a space in fallout and 4 (just remember the location you have chosen is not recommended and having spaces in a filepath "can" cause issues in some situations.

Also a good Idea to name Profiles "this_is_my_Profile" (more of a best practice rather then an issue I've seen)

Can you make a note of this? At least on where you have the install for MO2 because I had completely forgotten you talking about this. Like with a notice saying something along the lines of "Do not install into Fallout 4 folder as it confuses usvfs. 

And yes, that corrected the issue. Wonder why the file path wasn't recognized before as valid. Oh well, just glad it works now. 

I did as you ask by the way and did it in the way you first mentioned. Might actually just go ahead and recommend that as well. Just a thought though. Probably isn't an issue for others but I not so so smart. 

Edited by Aeradom

@GrantSP

As a side note if you look at the 13 vsf commits since release they seem to attend this issue, I'm hoping for a 2.0.7c so I can remove the wiki install procedure and then the rest can be just left for posterity.

But lately I've been doing a Mod guide with it...... No massive feedback so unsure if I should keep going with it....

@aeradom

The 2nd half of my response contained

There is a space in fallout and 4 (just remember the location you have chosen is not recommended and having spaces in a file path "can" cause issues in some situations.

And the command line I linked has inverted commas to show how to include a file path with spaces in it.

tumblr_inline_neuwugET5G1qdcehs.jpg

(I think this pic will be a running joke for a while)

Edited by Gernash